• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    Enjoy!

http://9gag.com/gag/3991491
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012 edited
    New glasses!

OK, so they were expensive (as they always are), but my God how much better I see. Can't believe the level of difference between this pair and the one I've been wearing for the last 5 years.

So this should really be "What's made your day a little bit....clearer?".
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Yay, apparently I'm the member of the week.
    fireworks
    First time that happened (and I was aware of it)...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012
    punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Yay, apparently I'm the member of the week.
    fireworks
    First time that happened (and I was aware of it)...

Good on ya! punk

I rarely check that part of the board, a shame as it's good fun and gets people talking.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I headed out this morning. It was raining lightly, but water all over the road.

I'm looking ahead at traffic when something catches my eye -- a small black kitten, probably under five months old, out in the road, heading toward me wile I'm going 45MPH. The thing couldn't have been more than the size of the palm of my hand and still had that look and walk of an unexperienced kitten.

I hit the brakes, and they aren't working as well as expected (I need new pads) and turn slightly left -- couldn't go much further because of the median. The car skidded in the water -- it was a purposefully careful turn and braking -- I didn't want to have an accident. The kitten braced like there was a toy in front of it. I lost sight of the kitten as my car came upon it.

You can only imagine how much better it made my day to see the poor little thing in the rear view mirror, unharmed and crossing into the median.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    'phew' I thought I was about to read a horror story. Good on you Justin. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I love cats. I go to a local park and play with these 14 homeless cats, clean ther bowls people set out (when poeple toss real dishes, I grab them up and use those instead of plastic ones), give them lots of love.

I've known many of them since they were six months old, or younger. I've been responsible for taming most of them.

A mean one that ued to growl and slowly look over while you pet it then bite you as soon as it saw your hand, now rubs all over me, climbs into my lap, gives me hugs (gets on it's back legs and puts it arms sort of around me) and I give it little kisses.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Timmer wrote

Of course.

Wait a second...
    Are you trying to say what would make my day a little better is running over tiny kittens? tongue
  5. justin boggan wrote
    Wait a second...
    Are you trying to say what would make my day a little better is running over tiny kittens? tongue

I was thinking the exact same thing...
    BTW, Why didn't you try to 'rescue it afterwards?
    Maybe the next car ran it over?
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jeez, way to go to make Justin feel bad about doing something right, Elin! rolleyes
    tongue
    I wouldn't worry, though.
    Cats aren't rabbits: they don't freeze.
    After the first shock you better believe it too off like a cat out of hell.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    justin boggan wrote
    Timmer wrote

Of course.

Wait a second...

Not at all, you obviously have a soft heart, I love cats too.
  6. Skating_Lientje wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Wait a second...

I was thinking the exact same thing...
    BTW, Why didn't you try to 'rescue it afterwards?
    Maybe the next car ran it over?

45MPH zone, no place to pull off, heading out to help somebody -- no time. I don't have a place of my own anyway.

If I ever have a place, and I have the financial means, I've already resolved to take three of the homeless kitties with me. Here are the three:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emL8eJ39 … ature=plcp (that's Stubs, the kitty that hugs me, with claws)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYTv4Z_v … ature=plcp (probably best to mute it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Awwwww. love cat
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    justin boggan wrote
    I headed out this morning. It was raining lightly, but water all over the road.

I'm looking ahead at traffic when something catches my eye -- a small black kitten, probably under five months old, out in the road, heading toward me wile I'm going 45MPH. The thing couldn't have been more than the size of the palm of my hand and still had that look and walk of an unexperienced kitten.

I hit the brakes, and they aren't working as well as expected (I need new pads) and turn slightly left -- couldn't go much further because of the median. The car skidded in the water -- it was a purposefully careful turn and braking -- I didn't want to have an accident. The kitten braced like there was a toy in front of it. I lost sight of the kitten as my car came upon it.

You can only imagine how much better it made my day to see the poor little thing in the rear view mirror, unharmed and crossing into the median.

That made my day too. I absolutely adore cats as well, good reaction man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012
  7. Demetris wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I headed out this morning. It was raining lightly, but water all over the road.

That made my day too. I absolutely adore cats as well, good reaction man.

Thanks. Ask me about microwaving cats for fun & profit. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The story of Lego, wonderful 17 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJ … embedded#!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk

LEGO is the most fantastic toy ever invented. I once did 'a lecture' at primary school (when I was about 14 and addicted to Technics) and all the information in the movie comes back. Ole Kirk! Nice history, with some really unlucky events.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    LEGO is the most fantastic toy ever invented.

I agree. I still have my LEGO toys which I used to play with when I was a child. Couldn't say how many hours I spent playing with them.

:LEGO:
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We DO need a lego emoticon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Bregt wrote
    LEGO is the most fantastic toy ever invented.

I agree. I still have my LEGO toys which I used to play with when I was a child. Couldn't say how many hours I spent playing with them.

:LEGO:

Agree completely. Practically grew up with it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    We DO need a lego emoticon.

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I always found LEGO to be insanely boring, to be honest. Then again, I was a particular child! smile

I preferred playing with my action figures, making cartoons and comic books, writing fiction and watching film and tv.

I did visit Legoland in Denmark once, though. What I remember is not the LEGO stuff, but the 3D images in a particular house. THAT is what stuck with me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I always found LEGO to be insanely boring, to be honest.

shocked

...I...you...

No...just shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Love LEGO, a friend of mine had masses of it and we'd make secret underground James Bond style bases or outlandish spaceships, robots, Gerry Anderson stylee vehicles etc etc, you were only ever limited by your own imagination....brilliant times.
  8. Demetris wrote
    The story of Lego, wonderful 17 minute video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJ … embedded#!

That was sweet... Seems so long ago since I played with those bricks, but it was nice to learn some about its history. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    I always found LEGO to be insanely boring, to be honest. Then again, I was a particular child! smile

I preferred playing with my action figures, making cartoons and comic books, writing fiction and watching film and tv.

I did visit Legoland in Denmark once, though. What I remember is not the LEGO stuff, but the 3D images in a particular house. THAT is what stuck with me.

You find Iglesias boring for fuck's sake. And you like rave music. Go figure wink
  9. Thor wrote
    I always found LEGO to be insanely boring, to be honest. Then again, I was a particular child.

Thor, I think that you mean 'a peculiar child'? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  10. LEGO today is a lot different today than I remember it being. Today you buy LEGO to build a specific thing and that dulls a child's imagination. They can think that that is all they can make. I have to encourage David to make something different.

I seem to recall you bought the bricks to make things you wanted. Special kits were exceptions rather than the norm.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn