• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    Am I alone in thinking that I prefer my heroes a little less touchable?

Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2011
    Depends on the hero, of course. I prefer Scarlett Johansson to be touchable, for instance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2011
    fommes wrote
    Depends on the hero, of course. I prefer Scarlett Johansson to be touchable, for instance.

in your (my) dreams wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2011
    The CD eventually arrived yesterday, and I was finally hoping to have a copy of the score without the irritating clicks present in the iTunes copy. However much to my dismay there are on here too. Has this been the same on any other Varese releases and have they ever issued replacement discs?
  2. Talking about Giacchino's twitter, he posted a link to the Milk + Bookies website, an non-profit organization which he's involved. There's a video with his music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f50XWgo8 … r_embedded
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2011
    He's been quite the busy one over the past few months:

Cars 2
    Monte Carlo
    Super 8
    50/50
    John Carter Of Mars
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
    Alcatraz (Pilot)
    Prep & Landing: Naughty Vs. Nice (TV special)
    Prep & Landing: Tiny's Big Adventure (Short)
    The Ballad Of Nessie (Short)
    La Luna (Short)
    Star Tours 2.0
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011
    Also, I heard he occasionally participated in sleep.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Anthony wrote
    Prep & Landing: Tiny's Big Adventure (Short)

It's actually from the last year. It was a bonus episode available on the ABC website.

So he's been a bit less busy wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hey Miya, I saw Operation: Secret Santa last year, is Tiny's Big Adventure definitely from 2010 as well?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Scribe wrote
    Also, I heard he occasionally participated in sleep.

Unfortunately, his snoring sounds suspiciously like John Williams's. And occasionally John Barry's. He really should develop his own style more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Composer of the Month: Michael Giacchino:

http://montages.no/2011/08/manedens-kom … acchino-2/

(be aware that I'm not very positive, should you decide to Google Translate it).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I agree his music is harder to get into when he's emulating another style, but Lost, Mission: Impossible III and Super 8 are all Giacchino without a doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Google translated Enterprising Young Men = Enter Pricing Young But

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol You owe me a keyboard wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2011
    Thor wrote
    (be aware that I'm not very positive, should you decide to Google Translate it).

Thanks for the warning wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Super 8: Great score AND movie! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    Earlier this spring, Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino was at the Newman Scoring Stage at 20th Century Fox to record his score to longtime collaborator J.J. Abrams feature film, Super 8. Shrouded in secrecy for much of the production, Super 8 serves as homage to the Steven Spielberg films of the late 1970s/early 1980s. ScoringSessions.com is thrilled to bring our readers photos from the scoring session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011 edited
    Just caught a regular screening of SUPER 8.

Loved the movie -- a great throwback to 80's filmmaking while having a more somber undertone.

I didn't care for the music at all, though, and it once again cemented the fact that Giacchino and I are not musically compatible. Where were the musical setpieces that defined this genre? Just seemed like anonymous orchestral doodling with no rhyme or reason or themes to hook on to.

By the way, the sound level was so high that I think I'm deaf on my already tinnitus-affected ear! What's up with janking the volume button all the way up on these things?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Apparently the sessions for Mission: Impossible 4 began today.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011
    Thor's thrilled already! wink
  4. Giacchino went to a Williams concert on Saturday. He tweeted about it and there's some photos and videos.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011 edited
    yonythemoony wrote
    Giacchino went to a Williams concert on Saturday. He tweeted about it and there's some photos and videos.

Let's hope he took pen & paper and noted down some tips biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011
    Ha, Brian Tyler was there as well. Seems like a gathering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011
    If the 4th score is half as good as the 3rd one, it'll be a killer.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011 edited
    #whathesaid
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011 edited
    Michael Giacchino has posted two small videos from the M:I 4 scoring sessions today. It's difficult to tell from the few seconds of music, but it sounds very familiar to M:I 3, which is great...

Video 1
    Video 2
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    I would be scared if it sounded more like Monte Carlo.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    It certainly would be a different approach to an action film smile
  5. Review of Super 8
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Tom Cruise

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE
    GHOST PROTOCOL

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by
    Michael Giacchino
    (Up, The Incredibles, M:i:3)

This is not just another mission. The IMF is shut down when it’s implicated in a global terrorist bombing plot. Ghost Protocol is initiated and Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his rogue new team (including Paula Patton and Acadamy Award nominee Jeremy Renner) must go undercover to clear their organization’s name. No help, no contact, off the grid. You have never seen a mission grittier and more intense than this.

Composer Michael Giacchino reunites with director Brad Bird (The Incredibles) and returns to the Mission: Impossible franchise.

Paramount Pictures will open MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - GHOST PROTOCOL on IMAX screens on December 16 before going into general release on December 23.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 128 2
    Release Date: 12/13/11

:-)