• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I just watched the film. It seems like the main theme, is like a theme for Alice's character (played by Dakota's sister, Elle Fanning). It was played in almost all her scenes. The ending was great, though I tried to look for Giacchino's cameo, but I couldn't find it. Maybe he made a cameo on a deleted scene?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2011
    No one has mentioned any yet but may I kindly remind people some of us won't be able to see the film for another couple of months so please use spoiler tags where necessary. smile
  2. Ok. It was just a question about that. Nothing else.
  3. Anthony wrote
    No one has mentioned any yet but may I kindly remind people some of us won't be able to see the film for another couple of months so please use spoiler tags where necessary. smile

indeed, it enters our cinemas in a couple of months too, so indeed please no spoilers. smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Interesting, just 4 days here!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011
    One thing I noticed in the film was Giacchino's military theme was a variant on his Nazi theme from Secret Weapons Over Normandy. Not a bad score all round. It was good actually. Just not "brilliant".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011 edited
    I already wondered what took them so long to publish a tracklist and cover on SUPER 8, but it appears the release has been postponed. Although the description on Varese's site still mentions june 28th, at the top of the page it says july 12th. Two more weeks!

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … r-8/Detail

Let's hope this delay is for the best, to put together a fine album.

EDIT: The Apple trailers page does have the SUPER 8 soundtrack on their 'new on iTunes' page, although on clicking it, it says it's not in the US Page currently. However, as I'm from the Netherlands, the first mention I get is that it's not available outside the US. So either they're in the process of adding it to iTunes right now, or I just can't see it because I'm from Europe. Any yank care to try out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    SUPER 8

If you grew up with 80's american hollywood (naive pure and fun) you'll love it, but bear in mind that it doesn't take itself too seriously neither should you. wink Michael Giacchino's score is a cross between his LOST sound and the classic John Williams scores for Spielberg, largely serviceable in the movie but forgettable once it ends
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    I can't believe it's still not out here for a month. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    INTRADA
    Announces:

UP
    Composed and Conducted by MICHAEL GIACCHINO
    D001372702

I knew that I HAD to do this film - I couldn’t get the idea out of my mind.
    - Michael Giacchino

Intrada is proud to announce the first in a series of soundtracks co-branded with Walt Disney Records. The first release is the premiere CD issue of Michael Giacchino's Oscar-winning score to the 2009 animated tale Up and features the Grammy winning soundtrack album program. In fact, Gicacchino was awarded two Grammy's, the second being Best Instrumental Composition for "Married Life." The film is a bittersweet adventure featuring very real characters struggling with difficult emotional issues, yet on a colorful, outlandish and often humorous adventure. A film with a complex emotional base required Giacchino to compose a score that featured an expert blend of action, comedy and nostalgia, a recipe not ordinarily found in an animated film. The result was a score that mixed these elements effortlessly without manipulating the audience -- the mark of an expert composer. As director Pete Doctor remarked, "It was as if he had somehow reached out into the sky and grabbed the soundtrack for our film, as if it has always existed out there."

The film tells the story of Carl Fredricksen, starting with the day he meets his future wife as kids to her elderly death. Upon her death, he straps balloons to his house before it can be demolished, rising up into the sky on a wild adventure. With stowaway Junior Wilderness Explorer Russell as his unexpected companion, the two embark on a journey of adventure and self-discovery, showing that age knows no limits when it comes to friendship, trying something new, or broadening ones horizons.

D001372702
    Retail Price: $19.99
    AVAILABLE NOW
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7130/.f
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Good to see the potential for the collaboration between Intrada and Disney. I thought that they might have gone with a score that hadn't had a release before (or at least expanded on a previous release). At least this excellent score is now available to people don't like iTunes and have been unable to listen to it before now.

BTW, I think the artwork for this is awful.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BTW, I think the artwork for this is awful.

Isn't it just? Shocking.

Anyway, I WON'T BUY THIS WATERMELON.
  6. I just got the prohibition watermelon in the mail, so ... timing -- not so perfect here.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. very nice release, awful cover indeed, and I find that the people who bought the download version should get a discount
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    WOOHOO, great news! Immediate buy!

EDIT: Bought it immediately! And I don't see what's wrong with the cover, love it! Old fashioned (notice the 'Disneyland' logo in the upper right) with original Pixar pre-production artwork. Nice. Very much looking forward to future releases in this Intrada/Disney collaboration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I feel my earlier pooh-pooh comes across a little harsh so I should say I hope it's very successful for them and I only won't buy it because I already bought the download - it does feel like a worthy attempt to do something which might prolong the current soundtrack-release model a bit longer for them and there are plenty of potential releases in this series which I'd buy in a flash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wasn't UP already released? And what's with the sound effects.....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    justin boggan wrote
    I just got the prohibition watermelon in the mail, so ... timing -- not so perfect here.

Well, unfortunately the prohibition watermelon still contains more juice smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nice to see that it was indeed Disney, and although I'm no big fan of Giacchino, I'm glad to see they focussed on a score that was previously only available as download.

I actually think the "re-interpretation" of the artwork is pretty nice (there are obviously rights issues preventing them from using the original), although if I'm going to be nitpicky, I would remove the ugly, yellow banner. With the Intrada spine on the left, it makes it look a bit messy.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Some more details on the (great!) artwork here - http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/4775-th … entry33900
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lame it's not a copy of the cast and crew promo music.

Ordered nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    Jim Ware wrote
    Some more details on the (great!) artwork here - http://www.magicmusic.net/topic/4775-th … entry33900

I already knew the artwork itself was original preproduction art from Pixar (it's also in the The Art of Up book, so it's not a re-interpretation nor does it have anything to do with rights issues), and although the Disneyland logo struck me as more original than I expect the Intrada team to be, I didn't expect all of it was created by Pixar. Cool! Shows how much they care about their releases and films.

Love the cover, it's nice and old fashioned.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It would look awesome LP size. I'd put that with my other framed covers in a second.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011
    Behind the scenes of Star Tours 2.0.

Mission: Impossible IV trailer.
  8. Anthony wrote
    Behind the scenes of Star Tours 2.0.

Mission: Impossible IV trailer.

once again a trailer that sounds and looks like shit. When will I see a trailer that uses good music that makes me wanna check out the movie directly?

Oh, I have, when they used Cocoon on Super 8. Now that's a trailer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm going to avoid the trailer was I want to go into this one spoiler free as possible. I love the M:I films and the third was the best by far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    I'm going to avoid the trailer was I want to go into this one spoiler free as possible. I love the M:I films and the third was the best by far.

You forgot the smiley!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I must have left my sarcasm detector at home today.
  9. They must have decided it was safe again for Tom to let his hair down.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am