• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    KevinSmith wrote
    We work hard for our money, and we don't just give it away!

lol

I am glad you got it biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    In my family, it's almost a running gag...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I suddenly love your family smile
    Hey guys, my eyes must be really screwed up because Chef looks like a skinny little white guy.
  1. I know I'm late on this, but I am watching the final season of Lost, and I just wanted to say that Giacchino has done an amazing job with the score. It's one of the best things about the show. It's too bad that there aren't more series with orchestral music nowadays.

I still think his score for Up is massively overrated, though...
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

punk

suicide
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I know I'm late on this, but I am watching the final season of Lost, and I just wanted to say that Giacchino has done an amazing job with the score. It's one of the best things about the show. It's too bad that there aren't more series with orchestral music nowadays.

Agreed on both counts (except that I don't like to listen to G's LOST scores outside their context).
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

punk

suicide

Can I borrow you gun after you're done Erik? face-palm-mt
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. Now I'm totally done with Lost. What a beautiful ending, and Giacchino's score totally enhanced it. Any skepticism I had about his talent is officially obliterated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011 edited
    For me, his talent was confirmed the day Medal of Honor was released in 1999.

However, I must admit I have a soft spot for his 1998 videogame score of Small Soldiers. I only knew of its existence a couple of years ago, but it's still one of my favourite Giacchino's, becuase it's sheer orchestral and choral fun. Stylistically it's the total opposite of Lost though, so not everyone may like its militaristic approach. It deserves to be released one day.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2011
    Cool, never heard his Small Soldiers score before. I really like the End Theme! punk
  4. Catchy innit? punk

That's a great summary of all the principal themes. Sound quality of that clip is a bit off though. The gamerip holds much better quality, making the choir really stand out in some of the cues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    For me, his talent was confirmed the day Medal of Honor was released in 1999.

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011
    MEDAL OF HONOR composers signing

http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2011/ … ating.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WHO: Medal of Honor composers Ramin Djawadi and Christopher Lennertz wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    With no offence intended to those gentlemen, it's a bit like having a "Star Wars composers signing!" which only has Kevin Kiner.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    With no offence intended to those gentlemen, it's a bit like having a "Star Wars composers signing!" which only has Kevin Kiner.

A Timmer 100 kudos points for perfect comparrison.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

A Timmer 100 kudos points for perfect comparrison.

beer
  5. Oh how quickly they forget the people who were responsable for its success in the first place... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, to cut them some slack, I'm pretty sure they (La La Land) asked him but he might be a little too busy now (hoe many scores is he working on this year) to do a signing.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011
    He's got a little big for this sort of thing now really, hasn't he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No... he still does signings and whatnot but if you look at his 2011 schedule you can see why he might not be up for this signing. BTW, this is pure speculation.

Anyway, Michael's a super nice guy, loves his fans, and would do anything to help promote film music.

-Erik-
  6. Of course I know Michael wouldn't pass this up if he didn't have a good reason.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote

:-D So true! *lol*
    • CommentAuthorchristilton
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011 edited
    Cut the guy some slack. Two massive scores are being recorded this month. Just started Cars 2, and then there's Super 8, which still isn't completely done being written yet! Not to mention mixing after recording. Also, most people have a life and family in addition to work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    christilton wrote
    Also, most people have a life and family in addition to work!

That's not allowed!

-Erik-
  7. I got kind of a dickhead question/general thought:

Why the hell is he scoring "Cars 2"? Was Randy busy? Would Randy have wanted it?
    Did he really need the money that badly? There'll be no CD, like "UP", so now profits from CD sales, and no CD for the general fan lovers. It's not like people aren't jum;ing at the bit to hire him.
    Did he think, "Hey, this sounds like a super awesome sequel that will obviously break the standard sequel farings and be superior to it's lackluster first film!".

I only think of "Cars 2" 'cause his name is attached to it, otherwise I wouldn't think about it anymore than the dump I'm gonna take in a bit.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2011 edited
    Here is some advice, Justin. Before you hit the ADD YOUR COMMENT button read your post over again and really think about how much of an uninformed dickhead you are going to look like if you do post something like you did above.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011
    Cars is the most profitable film ever released other than the Star Wars series, because of the merchandise. It has made Disney more money than anything else they have ever done.