• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010 edited
    You can't go wrong with The Incredibles and Star Trek.

Also check out season 4 of Lost which IMO is the strongest season.
  1. Anthony wrote
    You can't go wrong with The Incredibles and Star Trek.

Also check out season 4 of Lost which IMO is the strongest season.

Will do, but first I'm going to continue listening to Season 6. I love to get a real grip on the score, before I run to something new.

Thank you again for my Christmas present. As you can read I'm enjoying it greatly biggrin

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010
    As most know, I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan. I DO own two LOST CD's, for some strange reason (as downloads), but I don't know if I would recommend either of them. Even though I think the music works brilliantly in the series, I don't think it stands on its own very well.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Which ones are they?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    Which ones are they?

Volume 1 and 2.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I suggest, all of the Medal of Honor music instead wink

So Medal of Honor you say, dear sir?

Elin

you bet, read my reviews if you want a shape of things to come wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I can't recommend the Medal of Honor game scores enough. For me still the very best Michael has ever written. Thematic, full of energy, bombast, as well as emotion, plus some incredibly rousing action very much up there with the classic John Williams scores I grew up with. But then again I'm a sucker for such music. punk

But if Elin is looking for more restrained scores like Lost, I don't know if she'll like MOH.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    I can't recommend the Medal of Honor game scores enough. For me still the very best Michael has ever written. Thematic, full of energy, bombast, as well as emotion, plus some incredibly rousing action very much up there with the classic John Williams scores I grew up with. But then again I'm a sucker for such music. punk

But if Elin is looking for more restrained scores like Lost, I don't know if she'll like MOH.

Elin likes Crimson Tide and The Rock, I think that shows aplenty that Elin can listen to about any genre smile
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I can't recommend the Medal of Honor game scores enough. For me still the very best Michael has ever written. Thematic, full of energy, bombast, as well as emotion, plus some incredibly rousing action very much up there with the classic John Williams scores I grew up with. But then again I'm a sucker for such music. punk

Elin likes Crimson Tide and The Rock, I think that shows aplenty that Elin can listen to about any genre smile

Superb, the Glorieux boys are discussing my taste in soundtrack scores and they are both right in their own way. I love rousing scores, but they have to be melodic. I also really like the more restrained stuff, definitely in the Lost scores.
    So after listening to them i'll let you know my final conclusion. But it's fun to see you two talking about my taste in music.

Sending you both a big hug kiss

Elin
  6. beer

MOH is VERY melodic. But nothing like Crimson Tide, which I also love btw. You can't compare Zimmer with Giacchino after all. What Giacchino did for videogames though, is nothing short of awesome!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anyone who likes Crimson Tide and The rock can automatically listen to any other genre? confused
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anyone who likes Crimson Tide and The rock can automatically listen to any other genre? confused

Yes, because EVERYTHING is FANTASTIC after hearing those two wretched works vomit

my apologies to those who like them, I'll get my coat >>>>>>>
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. Timmer wrote

Yes, because EVERYTHING is FANTASTIC after hearing those two wretched works vomit

As I like them I accept your apologies. Nothing you say I will ever use against you Timmer. You're too adorable for that. kiss

Elin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're one hell of a lass, Elin cool kiss beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Timmer wrote
    You're one hell of a lass, Elin cool kiss beer

I'll drink to that wink beer

Elin
  9. lol applause

If you were serious, you'd have a huge problem with me Timmer, I love Crimson Tide to bits, The Rock I like, though less. And I love the Bond scores and Lion in Winter and a lot of Bernard Herrmann! biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    CRIMSON TIDE and THE ROCK are easily among my alltime favourite scores! So Elin rules, Timmer sucks!! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mine too but where does the assumption that 'if you like those you'll like many other genres' fit?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. Thor wrote
    CRIMSON TIDE and THE ROCK are easily among my alltime favourite scores! So Elin rules, Timmer sucks!! wink

Being on this board is soooooo good for my self esteem biggrin

BTW Thor, I'm planning on recording your WSA concert on DVD tomorrow and hopefully post it the day after, or Thursday. just so you know. I'll keep you in the loop.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thor wrote

Being on this board is soooooo good for my self esteem biggrin

BTW Thor, I'm planning on recording your WSA concert on DVD tomorrow and hopefully post it the day after, or Thursday. just so you know. I'll keep you in the loop.

Elin

Awesome, thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

By Crom thou will not speak ill of Zimmer's action masterpiece !!!!! crazy crazy crazy
  12. Christodoulides wrote
    Mine too but where does the assumption that 'if you like those you'll like many other genres' fit?

It was a jocular assumption that if you like that crap, everything else must be masterpieces for you biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It was a jocular assumption that if you like that crap, everything else must be masterpieces for you biggrin

Ummmm...exactly!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    lol applause

If you were serious, you'd have a huge problem with me Timmer, I love Crimson Tide to bits, The Rock I like, though less. And I love the Bond scores and Lion in Winter and a lot of Bernard Herrmann! biggrin

I am serious but I'll downgrade to 'I don't like them', there's Zimmer scores I like, and even Zimmer scores I love....just not that many and certainly not those two, sorry!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

By Crom thou will not speak ill of Zimmer's action masterpiece !!!!! crazy crazy crazy

I did! You'll get over it, as long as you love them that's all that counts really. wink
  13. I don't mean to explain my taste in any way, but I must say that a huge part of my love of Crimson Tide is because it's simply a masterpiece in the film to me (one of my all-time favorites as well) and The Rock has already lost lots of its appeal to me, but there is still some nostalgic value. I wouldn't be with you guys today (ie. in a film score forum) if it wasn't that score that introduced me to the genre smile
  14. PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't mean to explain my taste in any way, but I must say that a huge part of my love of Crimson Tide is because it's simply a masterpiece in the film to me (one of my all-time favorites as well) and The Rock has already lost lots of its appeal to me, but there is still some nostalgic value. I wouldn't be with you guys today (ie. in a film score forum) if it wasn't that score that introduced me to the genre smile

I had the same experience as you Pawel. The Rock was the first score that grabbed me in the movie itself. I still llove it, but I have to admit there have come other scores after it I loved more. But it will keep its iconic status for me.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I don't mean to explain my taste in any way, but I must say that a huge part of my love of Crimson Tide is because it's simply a masterpiece in the film to me (one of my all-time favorites as well) and The Rock has already lost lots of its appeal to me, but there is still some nostalgic value. I wouldn't be with you guys today (ie. in a film score forum) if it wasn't that score that introduced me to the genre smile

I had the same experience as you Pawel. The Rock was the first score that grabbed me in the movie itself. I still llove it, but I have to admit there have come other scores after it I loved more. But it will keep its iconic status for me.

Elin

Hey, I thought it was LADYHAWKE that did it for you first?
    I am extremely serious.
  15. Thor wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Elin

Hey, I thought it was LADYHAWKE that did it for you first?

Thor, you are of course right. But I was only 9 at the time and I just registered that I loved that music. I don't remember when I fell in love with it, but I still adore that score, for all it's worth. The Rock was the first time I registered a score during the movie itself in the theater (and loved it) and then I was already a teenager.

Elin

BTW I loved The Lion King as well before The Rock, and Legends of the Fall (the Ludlows theme) etc...
  16. Christodoulides wrote

because if you like crap (for some) you'll love just about everything else tongue

I however love Crimson Tide, and The Rock ain't bad either