• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010
    Erik Woods wrote

Cloverfield wasn't Wallin. Neither was Fracture. Have a listen to those. Peter Fuchs is an awesome engineer!

As for Let Me In... yeah, it's going to be great to hear another score written by Giacchino mixed by Smith. Such a nice guy, too!

-Erik-

I know Cloverfield wasn't mixed by Wallin, but technically it's a 12 minute suite and not the score for the film.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010
    rolleyes
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    Exclusive First Listen of "Let me in" over at www.cinemamusica.de

http://www.cinemamusica.de/1550/musik-f … -giacchino

Enjoy!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also if anyone is interested the pilot episode of UnderCovers was scored by MG, with the rest of the series to be composed by Andrea Datzman and Chris Tilton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Is Andrea Datzman another MG assistant or just some random person?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

She's Giacchino's assistant.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Can't wait to get "Let Me In"
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

She's Giacchino's assistant.

-Erik-

She's orchestrated on LOST, written additional music for Let Me In as well as contributing to many of the game tie-ins such as Ratatouille.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010
    So, does the fact that there is no music from Episodes 13-16 (besides the two bonus tracks) pretty much say for sure that they're planning another release at some point?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010
    It doesn't say anything for sure, but it's all we can hope and assume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2010
    shocked I just realized that what I am assuming is the "smoke monster" theme, heard for example on the brass in "The Rocket's Red Glare" is actually a very clever inverted adaption of the "There's No Place Like Home" theme.

MG punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Err, wut?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Apparently, according to your site, it's actually the "Temple Others" theme. Sorry.

I'm saying it's a derivation of the Homecoming theme.

Unless listening to the whole two and a half hours every day this week is making me lose my mind smile
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    Is Michael Giacchino the composer for the series Undercovers? Or was that a pilot only type of deal?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2010
    Michael scored the pilot, the rest of the show will be scored by Chris Tilton and Andrea Datzman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2010
    Does anyone else (particularly headphone listeners) hear a bit of distortion/clipping in the track "The Lighthouse" during the most intense statement of Jacob's theme?

Obviously, I am, but I can't tell whether it's a flaw in the recording or in the way I ripped the CD to my computer. There is no actual physical clipping in the file according to Audacity, but I hear the same effect with two completely different high-end amp/headphone systems, so I'm pretty sure the flaw I am hearing is in the file itself, as opposed to being created in playback.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ..no?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Hmmmmmm.
    Well, I am glad it's not a flaw in the recording itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2010
    Ok I am not so sure it's not a flaw on the recording, or at least on my pressing of the CD? I have tested it on 2 different computers and a CD player, using two differents sets of headphones/amps, and two different reasonably high-end sound systems. I'm hearing the distortion every single time, and it's starting to drive me crazy.

The most obvious instance of the flaw I am talking about can be heard between 1:00 and 1:05 of "The Lighthouse."
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I would really, really appreciate it if someone with a good headphone setup could check this out and second what I am saying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why do you bother so much with something like that which is virtually untraceable?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    ....because it's completely ruining the listening experience for the tracks in which it's heard....!!!

same reason certain members can't enjoy certain works due to poor recording quality or mixing choices. only for me, it's more frustrating when its a glaring problem in an otherwise flawless recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    ....because it's completely ruining the listening experience for the tracks in which it's heard....!!!

same reason certain members can't enjoy certain works due to poor recording quality or mixing choices. only for me, it's more frustrating when its a glaring problem in an otherwise flawless recording.

I agree with you 110%! Demetris, I'm surprised that you being someone in the audio/visual field would have said something like you did above? You, along with me and others in our field are probably the most sensitive to these anomalies.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2010
    I listened to the piece once so far and not via headphones, i don't even remember that thing i am commenting generally. I think you're being too sensitive but it's just me then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anyway, i'll re-listen and will see if it's a serious problem or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I guess I just never realized that upgrading my audio equipment and training my ears to hear more of the detail and subtlety in recordings would also have a downside in that I am now more sensitive to flaws in the source material.

Before when I heard such flaws I only thought, "oh, it's just because I have cheap headphones, sound card, etc."

Now I'm like...I have spent over a thousand dollars on this stuff, plus spending extra money for CDs versus MP3s, why am I still hearing flaws!?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because a thousand dollar sound card doesn't eliminate human error.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    in other words, welcome to reality? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Which sound card you got?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't use sounds cards for most of my listening anymore, I have headphone amps with built-in DACs. I use the the NuForce Icon HDP and the Meier-Audio Corda Cantate II.