• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010
    "I'm With Cancer" could be a very interesting project, music-wise. Canvas for some very strong, dramatic material.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010
    Out of those the only one that makes me lick is John Carter.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2010
    Did you spot anyone we recognise in this weeks UnderCovers?

That's the strangest looking Royal Albert Hall I've ever seen. I never knew they built underground carparks in 1871.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    Anthony wrote

That's the strangest looking Royal Albert Hall I've ever seen. I never knew they built underground carparks in 1871.

Is the show worth watching?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Is the show worth watching?

I'm giving it a chance, but it's a case-by-case type deal so if it doesn't start a bigger mythology like Alias and Fringe my patience with it will be gone in a couple of weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited
    Concept art for CARS 2, the Giacchino-scored 2nd installment to a lukewarm first movie.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29256
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010
    Yeah, it was pretty much the weakest Pixar film in recent memory. And I'm an auto racing fan!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited
    A new article about Michael on JimHillMedia:

Michael Giacchino's love of toons helped make him today's top tunesmith in Hollywood
    http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief … ywood.aspx
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2010
    Michael serves on the advisory board of Education Through Music-LA, who honored him on Tuesday night.

More information and pictures below:

http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/in … tionla.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2010
    Disney's Awards show has the score for the short animation DAY & NIGHT in streaming quality online. The short itself is a lot of fun and very original, the score matches it perfectly and is fun as well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ah yes, forgot that link. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010
    http://www.waltdisneystudiosawards.com/ … scroll.mp3

I downloaded it and found out it's from "Toy Story 3 The Complete Soundtrack (Pixar Crew Exclusive)" tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2010
    The short was more worth watching in 3D than TS3 and Michael's music was perfect. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010
    Fun piece. Very Henry Mancini-like smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    As a big fan of old C64 game music, this is just down my alley. Great stuff! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010
    i wanted to break the pc
  1. Artworks wrote
    As a big fan of old C64 game music, this is just down my alley. Great stuff! beer

Haha indeed you could just put that music into any game from the time and it would work just as good! Amazing really. Imagine Giacchino having written the MOH music during the 80s with the technology available... shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    That would have been cool! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    William Shatner interviews Michael Giacchino

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … giacchino/
  2. Cool! But what about a handshake Mr. Shatner? Or don't they do that anymore in the 23rd century?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Yeah, I noticed that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    MG seems very cool and relaxed, despite talking to such a legend. Very socially apt....few "nerd" gestures. Straight-the-point.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. OK, I'll come clean with you guys... I never really listened to Giacchino's stuff.

However, to make up for this, I downloaded Lost's finl season (I hadn't watched it yet) and paid special attention to the music.

I have to say, it was beautiful.

However, and I'm not blaiming Giacchino for this, more the series itself, in the finale there was such 'sweet' music being played atop 'emotional' scenes it became a bit over the top for me. I was expecting something somewhat less obvious, I guess. It was very straightforward both musically and editing-wise.

But the music itself was beautiful. I might go ahead and download teh final seasons music.
    Or do you guys suggest a different season?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  4. I suggest, all of the Medal of Honor music instead wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I suggest, all of the Medal of Honor music instead wink

Actually, I have been listening to Season 6 of Lost thanks to Anthony wave and I have to say, I like it much better without the visuals there than with them. i like the music.

So Medal of Honor you say, dear sir?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)