• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    I just wish the show didn't suck so bad then I might actually watch it. vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2011
    That's a rude way to talk about 24.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2011 edited
    Skating_Lientje wrote

Am I forgiven for not knowing it was Giacchino's work to begin with?

Elin

Yeah, it's not really the same sound as his more well-known works, so you'd already have to be a big Giacchino fan to figure that out just from seeing the show... smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011 edited
    LA-LA LAND RECORDS IN CONJUNCTION WITH ELECTRONIC ARTS TO RELEASE 8 DISC LIMITED EDITION
    MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION

Includes original scores from Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz, and Ramin Djawadi

LOS ANGELES, CA – Electronic Arts (EA) continues to make new strides in video game music with the release of the MEDAL OF HONOR SOUNDTRACK COLLECTION. The limited edition eight disc collection includes original scores from the 14 MEDAL OF HONOR titles, previously unreleased material from the award-winning composers Michael Giacchino, Christopher Lennertz and Ramin Djawadi, a 40-page booklet with complete track information, and an introduction by game creator, Director Steven Spielberg. According to Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Marketing at EA, “the box set representing the 12-year-old franchise is an absolute milestone for video game scores. The millions of MEDAL OF HONOR fans around the world deserve nothing less. We are honored to partner with LA-LA Land Records.” The limited edition box set will be released March 1st.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011
    Aha! I'm sure I had most of these at some point, but can't find them any more (I think I have one Giacchino one and one Lennertz one on my shelf now). So this is pleasing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011
    Great news. I loved all the MOH scores so far, the Djawadi one included. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    Here is an excellent report on Giacchino produced by ABC's Good Morning America with some previously unseen footage of Giacchino as a young lad, some of the his amateur films and his rise to stardom!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/countdo … c-12830961

Enjoy!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Cool, Erik, thanks. I think Giacchino seems like a really cool guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    He is indeed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011 edited
    thanks for the vid!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011
    Does anyone know if the Super 8 30 second TV spot is showcasing part of Giacchino's score for the film?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can't watch it because I'm at work but I don't believe they've followed the usual trait (MI:III, Star Trek) and recorded original trailer music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    A good friends tells me the trailer music is from Cocoon.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011 edited
    Anthony wrote
    A good friends tells me the trailer music is from Cocoon.

Wow! Your right! It's the beginning of the track: The Ascension. I've had this score for years. Tells you how often I listen to it. Thanks Anthony!
  2. I should've guessed this, I listened to Cocoon a few days ago. But I was too lazy to open that link. shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011 edited
    I really hope it is much better than what it looks in this trailer.
  3. That's only 30 seconds dude. rolleyes

30 seconds of a 90 minutes (or something like that) movie. You do the math!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011 edited
    Doesn't really mean much.

Looks like cheese-death.
  4. Death caused by cheese? confused

I've heard about violent attacks with fruit, but cheese?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011
    I can think of no better way to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    me neither man. Me neither.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What? Death by Richard Clayderman!? shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Michael Giacchino Scoring ‘The Ballad of Nessie’

Michael Giacchino will be providing the music for Walt Disney Animation Studio’s short The Ballad of Nessie. Disney’s press release describes the short as “a whimsical and colorful tall tale about the friendly Loch Ness monster, Nessie.

More here
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … of-nessie/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Awww! Why can't it be "the terrifying bone crunching flesh eating monster, Nessie"?

Oh yeah, it's Disney. rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Michael Giacchino Scoring ‘The Ballad of Nessie’

Michael Giacchino will be providing the music for Walt Disney Animation Studio’s short The Ballad of Nessie. Disney’s press release describes the short as “a whimsical and colorful tall tale about the friendly Loch Ness monster, Nessie.

More here
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … of-nessie/

I thought JNH already scored this film.

oh wait rolleyes
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    "A friendly Loch Ness monster"! Haha! biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed, whatever next? A friendly Dragon?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tree Fitty
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    We work hard for our money, and we don't just give it away!
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.