• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014
    I'm sat here wondering why I don't feel even the tiniest smidgeon of excitement?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    If nothing else, we should get some good track titles? Dawn of The Planet of The Apes has cue sheets with titles like "Aped Crusaders" and "Dam Them All To Hell".

No "Dam the Dirty Apes?" I'm disappointed, Giacchino...very disappointed.
  2. Timmer wrote
    I'm sat here wondering why I don't feel even the tiniest smidgeon of excitement?

Surely you must have downed a box of tranquilizers. wink
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Apes and dinosaurs? Giacchino? Nothing? Damn.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Apes and dinosaurs? Giacchino? Nothing? Damn.

The films, Yeah! ( particularly Dinosaurs as long as they're not cute and don't talk ) But gratuitous BOOM! CRASH! WALLOP! type scores??? Not so much.

I do hope the scores will be good though.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yeah, and mostly it's because Giacchino doesn't really float my boat.
  3. I had my reserves about Giacchino as well but "John Carter" and the Star Trek scores have turned me into a fan of his.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    When Giacchino writes something that I like ( Star Trek's ) then all well and good. I've been disappointed enough times to not get excited about an upcoming Giacchino score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Great news. My hopes for Jurassic World have been multiplied with this annoncement. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014 edited
    New Apes footage online... Sounds like Giacchino's music that is used - I like it! smile
  4. Nice!
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014
    Yup, that's definitely Giacchino. Very catchy motif he has there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2014
    I guess it's too much to hope he'll combine that kickass thing with Doyle's magnificent little theme from the first film? "Off You Go" is very close to being my all-time favorite Doyle track, and combined with the gorgeous scene it's one of my favorite movie memories ever.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  5. Scribe wrote
    I guess it's too much to hope he'll combine that kickass thing with Doyle's magnificent little theme from the first film? "Off You Go" is very close to being my all-time favorite Doyle track, and combined with the gorgeous scene it's one of my favorite movie memories ever.

I love that theme too, and I wish there was a cue where Doyle combined the extended treatment in "Off You Go" with the satisfying conclusion of "Caesar's Home". Come to think of it, I might just edit that together. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Scribe wrote

I love that theme too, and I wish there was a cue where Doyle combined the extended treatment in "Off You Go" with the satisfying conclusion of "Caesar's Home". Come to think of it, I might just edit that together. smile

Some trivia for you - that theme was not originally in the score. Doyle came up with it during the hectic re-write of almost the entire score (in nine days) just before the recording sessions.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    Hear the "End Credits" of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", conducted by Michael Giacchino:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9XfxOU … 9byhEUIAyw

Michael Giacchino conducted the End Credits Suite as an Encore after the "Star Trek" - Live to Projection concert in Luzern, Switzerland, with the 21st Century Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, May 25 2014.

Enjoy!

Soundtrack of "Dawn of the Planets of the Apes" should be available on July 8 2014, released from Sony Masterworks.
  6. I like it, especially the initial portion before the strings begin. There seems to be a lot more heavenly choir than I was expecting.

But it's certainly got me wanting to hear more when the release finally appears.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2014
    Thanks for the link, Basil. I like what I've heard so far. Hopefully the rest of the score will be just as good. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2014
    Some slightly disappointing news - Jupiter Ascending has been delayed until 2015 as "more work is needed on the special effects."
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    Anthony wrote
    Some slightly disappointing news - Jupiter Ascending has been delayed until 2015 as "more work is needed on the special effects."

Not a good sign. The score was finished a few weeks ago and the film was due for release in just over a month!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I believe they are still due to have a pickup day, but who knows when that will be now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    I'm dreading another mess a la CLOUD ATLAS here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014
    Fuck that film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014 edited
    Only a thumbnail but rather disappointing artwork for Apes.

Why use that when you could have something like this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014
    Because they're idiots!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014
    It's cheaper. More profit. Welcome to the world of Sony Star Wars Classical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014
    Cheaper? How so? Both piece of art have already been created and yet they choose the less inspired one?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well, it could have been worse. FLOATING HEADS!

That reminds me of the similarly awful poster for Avatar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The artwork for Jupiter Ascending already looks cheesy and ridiculous though http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1713490688/ … f_=tt_ov_i
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.