• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2013
    Anyone seen this video? Alternate version of The Imperial March smile
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2013
    We're going through the archives, and we've just posted a web gallery of pix from Michael Giacchino's scoring sessions for Andrew Stanton's 2012 sci-fi epic, John Carter! ScoringSessions.com is excited to bring you the photos from the sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2013 edited
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013
    Yes, part of it sounds very Remote Controlish, although I think they added a lot of sound effects afterwards for the trailer. I think that Giacchino's score will sound much more "traditional" than presented in this trailer. That being said, I think it sounds awesome! Can't wait for the score to come out...

The movie looks interesting enough, although I'm not so hooked on Tatum... but guess I wasn't a big Keanu fan before The Matrix either smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
    In the trailer, is this Giacchino's music?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
    Yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014
    Great news! Apparantly "The Incredibles 2" is happening, which will probably mean a new score by Michael Giacchino.
  2. Friggin' FINALLY! cheesy

Seriously, why they'd waste time making unnecessary Cars and Monsters Inc. sequels when they had a property with as much franchise potential as The Incredibles sitting around is beyond me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No...don't do it! This is one of few films I can honestly say I'd prefer not to have a sequel to. They just won't be able to top the first one.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Friggin' FINALLY! cheesy

Seriously, why they'd waste time making unnecessary Cars and Monsters Inc. sequels

Merchandise!

Oh and by the way, Cars 3 is happening too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Friggin' FINALLY! cheesy

Seriously, why they'd waste time making unnecessary Cars and Monsters Inc. sequels when they had a property with as much franchise potential as The Incredibles sitting around is beyond me.

I think Brad Bird made sure it didn't receive the sequel treatment until he found the right script?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    No...don't do it! This is one of few films I can honestly say I'd prefer not to have a sequel to. They just won't be able to top the first one.

Agreed. God, has Pixar completely run out of original ideas? Sequel after sequel after sequel. :yawn:

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Well, there's The Good Dinosaurs...but yeah, they do seem to be running down the sequel road way too much lately.

Still, if they absolutely have to do it, then at least do it with The Incredibles. I trust Brad Bird. smile
  4. TI2 doesn't have to top the first, it just had to be as good as the first.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014
    I'll be a little more comfortable if Brad Bird has a major part in it, or is directing, though I can say right now that wanting a sequel will always feel better than actually getting one.
  5. Giacchino to score Jurassic World! cool

http://www.thewrap.com/jurassic-world-s … giacchino/

Full circle, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014
    Fuck. Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Fuck.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Get in! I was reading about Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes the other day and noticed the same producers were doing Jurassic World. Perhaps they were happy with the outcome (it's been recording over the past week). Whatever the case, HELL YEAH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan in the world (as I've made clear a few times), but I'm well aware that he can do good pastiche, so let's hope he's the right choice for this. For all the temptation to go completely original, here's hoping he refers to Williams in some form or fashion (either theme or style).

I'm a bit skeptical, but open-minded.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan in the world

No problem Thor. You are the biggest Jablonsky fan in the world and that is also okay!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    wink
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Giacchino to score Jurassic World! cool

http://www.thewrap.com/jurassic-world-s … giacchino/

Full circle, eh?

wow, now that's brilliant news.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Get in! I was reading about Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes the other day and noticed the same producers were doing Jurassic World. Perhaps they were happy with the outcome (it's been recording over the past week). Whatever the case, HELL YEAH!

Good lord, I didn't realise he was doing Dawn of the Apes too. This deal keeps getting better all the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan in the world (as I've made clear a few times), but I'm well aware that he can do good pastiche, so let's hope he's the right choice for this. For all the temptation to go completely original, here's hoping he refers to Williams in some form or fashion (either theme or style).

I'm a bit skeptical, but open-minded.

If nothing else, we should get some good track titles? Dawn of The Planet of The Apes has cue sheets with titles like "Aped Crusaders" and "Dam Them All To Hell".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan in the world (as I've made clear a few times)

Rumour has it that you're not a fan of lengthy complete score releases and loud action music? We can't quite be sure of this as you're usually so tight-lipped about your preferences.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'm not the biggest Giacchino fan in the world (as I've made clear a few times)

Rumour has it that you're not a fan of lengthy complete score releases and loud action music? We can't quite be sure of this as you're usually so tight-lipped about your preferences.

Also Alexandre Desplat, don't forget!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh really?