• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008
    Matt C wrote
    Even the number of pieces used for the Star Trek score is kept under wraps? Man, Hollywood is so secretive all of a sudden. It's better than a blackout session, but still...

It's probably not just the plot they're keeping secret, it's in general the air of mysterie and as such peaking the anticipation of the fans. 'Cause isn't it even a bit more exciting when you'll finally hear the score when everything about it is a big surprise you didn't know of before? We're in a way going back to before the internet, when suddenly a trailer popped up in the cinema of a film you hadn't heard of before but TURNED OUT TO BE THE SEQUEL TO JURASSIC PARK!. Its the Cloverfield-effect, if you will.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope it's nothing like what happened with Cloverfield as that movie was awful! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'm with Anthony. He better have a complete work to show first, Giacchino doesn't know how Anthony is and what he's capable of.

If I were Giacchino, and somebody sent me his "Four Trombones" work, I´d be totally in for requests and support at the very first second. I´ve barely seen such passion and effort in a particular subject as the one I saw (and enjoyed) with Anthony´s work.

I'd too. But working around professionals during the last years i have come to the conclusion that for most of us, PASSION levels are very high whereas most of the professionals out there would instantly kill it for the factor BUSINESS. You say IF you were Giacchino you would *blah* and i wholly agree on the point you make too, but then again neither you or me ARE Giacchino actually. I am not saying Anthony shouldn't contact him now, he should do whatever he wants. I am saying what i would do if i started the website right now. Professionals and film composers in particular tend to get sensitive and sometimes behave even oddly on subject matters and occasions one would never normally expect them to.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well said, and I mirror your thoughts, smile
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Btw if you try and link to it from STN you get this. spin

Whoops - thanks, fixed that!!

Anthony wrote
    I want to nab the scoring session photos off the official site. sad

.... what do you mean by that? Are there more pix elsewhere....?
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, unrelated. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    I hope it's nothing like what happened with Cloverfield as that movie was awful! vomit

No, no, you seem to have mistyped. That film was actually excellent and one of the most fun and cleverest genre-benders to come out in a long time! (is obviously what you wanted to say).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, my keyboard was broken at the time. sad

Admittedly, on a technical level it was excellent, but they could have come up with a much better monster and had a more satisfying ending.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I have the main theme, but I'm not sure where it came from. A promo or something?

I'm pretty sure someone ripped it from my radio show when I played it back in 2005. I'm shocked that my 15 minute suite from my Giacchino special in 2006 wasn't ripped and bootlegged. Anyway, I can recall someone talking about having that track and that they downloaded it from a "radio show." And I'm the only one in the radio industry who owns the score.... as far as I know. But Michael could have pressed a personal promo with that track on it... who knows.

-Erik-

Well Erik I'm sure some of us did "rip" that show... I know I did... but as you and Mr Giacchino were nice enough to both produce and alow it to be put up for us I'm not going to be spreading it around for everyone to download and ruin what was a rare and very delightful surprise!...

Again thanks for that show it's easily one of my favorites you've ever done! Here's hoping this happens again someday... wink wink nudge nudge smile

Jmoss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    How's this for a teaser!

Please do criticize the hell out of it! wink

(But be nice as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on that!) angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, it looks good Anthony. Go ahead!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Looking good! Can't wait to see the rest!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony, did you emailed Giacchino or you´ll wait ´til the page is finished? (either if you have or not emailed him I think you should send him your Four Trombones work eventually).
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Its a good job, and very easy to read (unlike a certain movie-wave.net at the moment).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009 edited
    Panthera wrote
    (unlike a certain movie-wave.net at the moment).

cry My eyes... they're bleeding! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Make it go away! Please for the love of God!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony, did you emailed Giacchino or you´ll wait ´til the page is finished? (either if you have or not emailed him I think you should send him your Four Trombones work eventually).

Not yet. I'll wait until the site is (practically) done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Not yet. I'll wait until the site is (practically) done.

Sweet!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Contacting Giacchino about TFT is also a big no no for now. There's just simply too much music available on there. If I add anything like that to the site I'm certainly going to have some omissions (only character themes for example). I'll still keep TFT running separately for us lot though.
  2. Let's see ... how many spoliers for the score can I come up with since their being all secretive?

Recorded from September 23rd (starting with some instrument stuff) to about October 14th, Sony Recording Stage.

Musicians:
    Karen Han (Er-Hu)

Let's see if I can find anything else. ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Good job, Anthony!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    Should I really spend close to $50 to get a copy of MOH Frontline on CD? shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

It's a fine score.
    In my opinion though it's not 50 dollars worth of "fine", unless you're a really big fan (I sure spent (far) more than that on some Delerues, Rozsas and Williamses...shame )

Doesn't Buysoundtrax carry it any more?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    How's this for a teaser!

THAT looks VERY nice.
    Extremely readable and -by the look of things- very intuitive and user-friendly.
    GOOD job, Anthony!

OK. christmas_biggrin
    I would prefer less scrolling: I sincerely think -and some research seems to back this up- that the best frontpage is one where all the (relevant) info is visible on one screen (i.e. without scrolling or clicking: that is to be reserved for secondary information).

I certainly acknowledge the need for a comprehensive "one-bigass-page" discography/filmography though! Possibly that could go under a sort of secondary link (through the menu headers, for example)?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009 edited
    I said be nice. cry

tongue

But the scroll issue is my biggest quibble too. The filmography shouldn't be as bad - as you've said - we need one big-ass giant list. But I'm certainly NOT going to do the discography like the Powell site with the pages that never seem to end.

Edit: Also, are the spinning covers again a good idea?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Edit: Also, are the spinning covers again a good idea?

Oh yes, I love it in the Powell page. Not that it provides important info, but it is sooooo cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009 edited
    Spinning covers = über cool
  4. Anthony wrote
    How's this for a teaser!

Sweet! If this is only the teaser, I cannot wait for the trailer, and the eventual movie of course. But maybe you could link to the videogame websites for the videogames, and not IMDB. Just a thought.

Anthony wrote

You must anthony! It's actually my favourite Giacchino... when it comes to the most thematic, developed, exciting, and emotional work any composer has done, this ranks right up there. 5 STARS in my book. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And I agree it's one of his best, but I'm not talking about music quality. I already have the digital download of it...I'm just wondering whether to pay $50 for a case and some cover art. If it's going to disappear/become even more expensive soon then I'd damn well better grab it now!
  5. Anthony wrote
    How's this for a teaser!

oh it looks wonderful Anthony
    keep up the good work

and if you ever contact Michael, don't forget to mention the names MAINTITLES, BREGT and THOMAS biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited
    Yeah and tell him there are actually people on the planet (for instance myself) who would shell out for any unreleased music he has written. hint hint

I know it's never up to the composer, but it could help him push the record companies to release his criminally unreleased stuff!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.