• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Can't wait for Land Of The Lost!! Disney certainly gave good releases to the past Giacchino scores so I hope Up follows suit.

Gosh, so many great scores coming in the next few months!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    Bah! I don't like the new star trek score a bit.
    Never liked Giacchino much tbh, and this again proves why. sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Blasphemy! tongue

What don't you like about it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Goody, only four more days before I can comment on the score! tongue
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Goody, only four more days before I can comment on the score! tongue

What will you say?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I will be damning in epic fashion.
    And then I will go out and have ale and wenches.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Up is released in just four weeks, and there's still no announcement of a soundtrack album. Odd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009 edited
    Maybe they'll do a "iTunes Only" release for this again, with two or three score tracks... sad

Should I get my 200 bucks ready for the academy promo next year?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store … arch=10002

This is the only one news about the score of UP I've heard so far... Disney will release a compilation album "Pixar's Greatest Hits", including one score track from UP (Memories Can Weigh You Down).

It doesn't mean they won't release the score album, of course.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009 edited
    Praying for a score release!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd be shocked *SHOCKED* if Up didn't get a release. Every Pixar movie has previously, and it's Michael Giacchino for gods sake!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed. And judging from previous releases Mike actually cares about his scores being released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Patience. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh here we go again. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post things like that. ^ biggrin
  1. come on, if this score doesn't get a release, then I see World War III happening too
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    Rian wrote
    Bah! I don't like the new star trek score a bit.
    Never liked Giacchino much tbh, and this again proves why. sad

Theres one in every crowd, have you listened to any of his Medal of Honor scores?
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    Again, rather than blathering on about the new Lost release here, Bregt kindly hosted my review. smile

I'm eagerly awaiting more opinions on the score. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    I don't have any opinions on the score because I don't have it yet smile

But I am very curious, Anthony, what is your opinion of the music for Season 5 thus far? I am afraid that due to Giacchino's business scoring three blockbusters that he is not putting as much effort into Lost this year...absolutely nothing new has stood out to me this year. Then again, maybe I am just so engrossed in the episodes themselves that I am not noticing the music. I am curious to hear an expert's opinion...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lost season 5 so far is by.....far, the least interesting, least engaging of all Lost seasons; both musically and also plot-wise. The music is totally careless and fragmented, just recycling older material.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Lost season 5 so far is by.....far, the least interesting, least engaging of all Lost seasons; both musically and also plot-wise. The music is totally careless and fragmented, just recycling older material.

That is exactly the impression I am getting, at least about the music. I don't mind the plot. But "fragmented" and "recycling" are exactly how I feel about the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

Agree.

The problem is it lacks of focus. You don't have any interest, because you doesn't know where the writters want to go. Now with the incident arc , the thing works a little better but it's too late.

I remember Marselus posting a review from one guy who said exactly what happens with lost.
  2. A question for Erik:

Giacchino is the best of the new breed of composers. Amazing scores, which I have appreciated in Alias and the animated PIXAR films.

I've got a friend in Australia who needs to contact Michael Giacchino regarding a possible opportunity for Michael to perform some of his own music with one of our most renowned Symphony Orchestras. I've found who Michael's agent is and my colleague could go down that avenue, but if there was a way to offer a proposal straight to Michael, that would be even better, to gauge his interest or lack of interest. It's a great opportunity. If you can help me that would be appreciated.

Casey
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Casey Singleton wrote
    A question for Erik:

Giacchino is the best of the new breed of composers. Amazing scores, which I have appreciated in Alias and the animated PIXAR films.

Welcome aboard mate beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Casey Singleton wrote
    A question for Erik:

Email me - cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Casey Singleton wrote
    A question for Erik:

Email me - cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com

-Erik-

*copies and pastes the address into a new email*
    *sends*

Your email address is being bounced back to me!! angry

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Scribe wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That is exactly the impression I am getting, at least about the music. I don't mind the plot. But "fragmented" and "recycling" are exactly how I feel about the music.

Yup. This season is weak!

And look...we're three episodes from the end...and what's happened? rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24757

I'd be happy if this did go ahead, but I'd be even happier if they gave it to Giacchino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yes, a Giacchino score for that would be terrific! punk

I would consider John Powell for it too cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    I would consider John Powell for it too cool

No.