• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    Would get too MV-ish? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24757

I'd be happy if this did go ahead, but I'd be even happier if they gave it to Giacchino.

You know this is going to Trevor Rabin or Harry Gregson-Williams or Tyler Bates or Klaus Badelt don't you?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Brian Tyler Bates maybe lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does anyone else agree that the best part of the Star Trek soundtrack is 3:32-4:47 of the End Credits? It's one of the few parts of the score that captures that "epic space adventure" feeling.
  2. Anthony wrote
    Does anyone else agree that the best part of the Star Trek soundtrack is 3:32-4:47 of the End Credits? It's one of the few parts of the score that captures that "epic space adventure" feeling.

Just listened to that section now, and I have to say "no".

For me, it's one of the lighter moments of the score. Track 1 is more of a statement of grandeur, of the epic.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Anthony wrote

I thought it was pretty good.

To be honest, by the end of the film, I was quite bored of the main fanfare Giacchino wrote in a way that reminded of being sick of the Fellowship theme by the end of FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. Nice idea, but it gets a bit irritating by the n-th repetition.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    Anthony wrote

I thought it was pretty good.

To be honest, by the end of the film, I was quite bored of the main fanfare Giacchino wrote in a way that reminded of being sick of the Fellowship theme by the end of FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. Nice idea, but it gets a bit irritating by the n-th repetition.

it is basically a one theme minded score yes, and you could get tired of all the statements
    but once the theme is pushed out right, I still die in awe wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009
    Could the Star Trek score be the Iron Man of 2009? (i.e. the one that really isn't that great but is still insanely popular). I say yes.

(Congrats to Giacchino however - I'm sure Varese will be very happy with him too!)
  5. Anthony wrote
    Could the Star Trek score be the Iron Man of 2009? (i.e. the one that really isn't that great but is still insanely popular). I say yes.

(Congrats to Giacchino however - I'm sure Varese will be very happy with him too!)

yeah, cool to read that.
    Filmmusic rocks punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote

I haven't heard it yet but surely Star Trek is a lot better than Iron Man? confused

The first (and only) time I ever listened to Iron Man, I could barely finish my lunch.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I didn't say Iron Man was good. Iron Man was immensely popular with non-soundtrack buffs, as is Star Trek.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Anthony wrote
    with non-soundtrack buffs

I see.
  6. Appearently "Land of the Lost" has been mostly, (if not fully) recorded. discovered this by accident while talking to someone in scoring world.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Appearently "Land of the Lost" has been mostly, (if not fully) recorded. discovered this by accident while talking to someone in scoring world.

considering it comes out in a couple of weeks, you may be right
  8. Maybe this will be Medal of Honor revisited. I have high hopes!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Maybe this will be Medal of Honor revisited. I have high hopes!

would be awesome, but I think it will carry the sound of today's Giacchino, not the earlier one
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009 edited
    I don't know how many people heard or saw this, but check out the music in the last 20 seconds. smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    I don't know how many people heard or saw this, but check out the music in the last 20 seconds. smile wink

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2009
    Try now
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009
    Anthony wrote

Am I missing something? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Appearently "Land of the Lost" has been mostly, (if not fully) recorded. discovered this by accident while talking to someone in scoring world.

considering it comes out in a couple of weeks, you may be right

Well, it's finishing recording over the next few days. I was close.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm waiting for any news on the Up score release...
  11. I answer is blowing in the wind... tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    If you take your score collection, put it in a giant box, and tie a thousand balloons to it...

...a few days later it will float back down to you with the Up score added to the box.

tongue
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2009
    Any news yet regarding whether or not Up will get a score release? confused sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Sylvos wrote
    There is, yes.

Sweet! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar