• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    How can you hear anything "random" or "buzz-y" in Giacchino's music at the same moment he's one of the few composers today to actually base his scores on strong thematic material?

Demetris, who said that, about Giacchino's music? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    fommes wrote
    I honestly can't remember watching anything so bad paying for it... (Trying to remember... No, sorry.)

*cough* The Avengers...

shakes head from side to side in despairing rememberance

.....good score though cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    So, I got bored and decided to mess around with Michael's Medal of Honor: Allied Assault main theme. It's not too long; I may tinker with it a bit in the future. I simply mixed sections of the first and third cues on the (short) soundtrack.

http://wdbard.googlepages.com/mohaaremix.mp3
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Now The Avengers was maybe the most unintentionally hilariously funny film I've ever seen. We were literally rolling on the floor crying tears of laughters, me and Thomas.

I was just sad.
    But then I LOVE Connery, I LOVE Fiennes, I LOVE Thurman, and above all I LOVE and CHERISH The Avengers (Bought all the DVDs -well the Emma Peel years, anyway-, for a pretty penny...but it was so bloody worth it love ), so seeing this film meet them in what amounts to a deeply unfunny, uninvolving and embarassing creative and artistic TRAIN WRECK was extremely upsetting for me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsimplyjosh
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    WOW! No comments in this thread for 3 days!

Has anyone (other than me) heard Land of the Lost yet? I was going to wait for the CD, but my resolve was short-lived and I purchased it from iTunes.

I gotta say...as much as I loved Up, Land of the Lost is my favorite of Giacchino's three this year. It's so much FUN! It's intensely creative and has Giacchino's musical personality written all over it.

I'll add more detail later, but I have one more thing to say here: the "End Credits Can Suck It!" track absolutely MUST be included in ANY Giacchino compilation. With the focus primarily on the score's catchy main action motif, we get lots of brass awesomeness, along with an electric guitar, creative percussion layers (including a rock-band drum kit), and a banjo. Oh yeah, and an adult choir comes in for some added drama. It's astonishingly catchy!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Now The Avengers was maybe the most unintentionally hilariously funny film I've ever seen. We were literally rolling on the floor crying tears of laughters, me and Thomas.

I was just sad.
    But then I LOVE Connery, I LOVE Fiennes, I LOVE Thurman, and above all I LOVE and CHERISH The Avengers (Bought all the DVDs -well the Emma Peel years, anyway-, for a pretty penny...but it was so bloody worth it love ), so seeing this film meet them in what amounts to a deeply unfunny, uninvolving and embarassing creative and artistic TRAIN WRECK was extremely upsetting for me.

Sadly, very true Martijn. Worst of all for me was that the two leads had no chemistry whatsoever, something the TV show had in spades.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Just received my ordered copy of Secret Weapons Over Normandy! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote

punk

-Erik-

beer
  1. William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote

punk

-Erik-

beer

bounce
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DreamTheater wrote
    William wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote

punk

-Erik-

beer

bounce

Yeah. So far, it's AWESOME! cheesy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I have one word for you... Peenemunde!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Haven't gotten that far yet. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

You mean... Stealing The Me262! wink cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

You mean... Stealing The Me262! wink cool

I mean... THE WHOLE FRACKIN' THING!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Pee in a what?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Pee in a what?

It's a village in Germany on the Baltic Coast where which was the home of a German rocket research station during World War II.

-Erik-
  2. I wonder if Peenemunde wasn't Polish then. It was the Polish underground intelligence that found and documented the station, which led to pretty quick demise of V1 and V2 rockets.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Pee in a what?

That's one way to look at it. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pee in the mud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Pee on a monday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Pee in the mud.

lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pee on the monkey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Pee on a monday.

^This. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Pee on the monkey.

You could pee on the fire.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Pee easy mmm'kay.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Pee on the monkey.

You could pee on the fire.

Not on any of the golf course!!! It. Must. Burn.
  3. applause lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009
    Erik, looking at my CD booklet here, I see you got your name in the liner notes for Secret Weapons Over Normandy! shocked Nice! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Erik, looking at my CD booklet here, I see you got your name in the liner notes for Secret Weapons Over Normandy! shocked Nice! beer

There's even a picture of me, too! Page 5. Group shot. I'm on the far left. Also, check out the music video on Disc 2. wink Video #5. I also took a majority of the photos for the booklet.

-Erik-