• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    Bregje wrote
    Last night I had the 'late for work' kind of nightmare again.

I never have that one...but the number of times I've had the "late for my finals and just realized I forgot to study" dream? Too many times to count! dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    All of your dreaming is related to your life in someway.

Yup, and apparently everyone you see in a dream is someone you've seen in real life, even if you don't remember them (although faces of people I don't actually know always seem to be "blurry".)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2008
    And a person who you completely forgot about or have never seen can all of a sudden turn up in a dream.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    sdtom wrote
    And a person who you completely forgot about ... can all of a sudden turn up in a dream.

Most of the time when that happens to me, I bump into those people a few days later or I get an e-mail or something. That's weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    Bregje wrote
    Last night I had the 'late for work' kind of nightmare again.

I never have that one...but the number of times I've had the "late for my finals and just realized I forgot to study" dream? Too many times to count! dizzy

Yeah, it's that kind of dream. Sometimes I dream I have to perform on stage (?) and then I stand there and have no idea what I should do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have found that as it is cooling off I'm sleeping much better and don't remember any of my dreaming
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    It makes sense that it's related to body temperature, doesn't it? When we have a fever the dreams can become more vivid and stronger and weirder too. Sometimes I wake up very warm when I have too many blankets and I feel very confused and estranged too and I had more dreams or I remember better what it was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    It makes sense that it's related to body temperature, doesn't it? When we have a fever the dreams can become more vivid and stronger and weirder too. Sometimes I wake up very warm when I have too many blankets and I feel very confused and estranged too and I had more dreams or I remember better what it was.

I just had that when I woke up this morning!? shocked

Unfortunately it wasn't a particularly nice dream. One of those ones you just wish you could forget... aw. sad Time for some music methinks! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think I'll check out a book on dreams this week when I make my trip to the library.
    thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009 edited
    This morning I saw the weirdest dream I've ever had: I attended a Hans Zimmer concert! cheesy

At first, I was in a very small hall with a very small stage. Other audiences were all as young as myself, look like college students.

I bought a program... it was too thick for a concert program.

A staff lady, very polite but emotionless, gave out each of us a box of cakes (!?), and then we're told we have to pay for that. Gah.

Before the concert began, somehow the hall changed into a small classroom... it looks like the elementary school classroom I attended a long time ago. But the college student-like audiences were still there.

Now the concert program was written on a blackboard.

The concert began... Heitor Pereira and Martin Tilman appeared in the classroom and plunked their instruments, but I didn't know what they're playing. Hans came in and said it's written only for concerts, not for any films. I was wondering why he didn't play piano or keyboard, as he did on the Ghent concert. But there weren't any instruments other than Heitor's and Martin's! dizzy

The rest of the event was rather a talk show than a concert. I had some chances to chat with Hans. He understood my bad English. LOL.

But I also remember they performed Kung Fu Panda and P.S. I Love You. Oh wait isn't this Zimmer's concert, or Powell's? rolleyes

The weirdest part: At one point, a group of people who wear the lioness costumes of The Lion King on Broadway passed outside the room, singing Lioness Hunt song loudly. I explained to everyone it's from the stage version of TLK, and how strange they're here because this place is not Shiki Theatre (where Japanese version of TLKoB showing). I said to a girl on the next seat that I can't stand listening to the Broadway version of The Stampede because I love Zimmer's score so much. But also I said to Zimmer that I saw the stage version and it's brilliant, and he only responded "uh huh" or something like that.

Then this event really turned into like a elementary school class. Each of us received a paper and drew something on it at desk. And we handed in them to the teacher (who? Zimmer? Not remember).

And I eagerly tried to ask some questions to Zimmer but he or someone else said we have a Q&A session after the class. I chatted with him again at the session, maybe something about TLK and Spanglish (my favorites...).

Hans gave us another box of cakes, and said we don't have to pay for that. Hooray! biggrin

I don't remember anything else happened. I saw this dream after my alarm clock ringing, so I was half-awake. Probably what "I said" or "I thought" in the dream were actually what I was thinking in half-asleep.

Also last night I was thinking about the Hisaishi's concert which I missed, and I swore that if my another favorite composer will do a concert in Tokyo, I won't miss it. That's why I had such a dream this morning...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009
    I know you've liked the Lion King but????
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Do you ever have dreams where you are listen to music you know, but it's somehow...different, and never from the score it should be?

Last night was Colosseum Fight (Jumper) from BRIAN TYLER'S Spiderwick Chronicles! dizzy
  1. Anthony wrote
    Do you ever have dreams where you are listen to music you know, but it's somehow...different, and never from the score it should be?

Last night was Colosseum Fight (Jumper) from BRIAN TYLER'S Spiderwick Chronicles! dizzy

I may be obsessed with film music, but at least I dream about girls every night wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Yeah, I vaguely remember dreams like that

I didn't go out last night but spent the evening reading and experienced a weird betwixt and between period where I was too tired to read the book but wanted to finish the chapter I was on, the book is set in the 14th century and I just couldn't figure out why TOM HANKS was starring in my book shocked dizzy then I woke up from the half-sleep still bewildered enough to wonder what had happened to Tom Hanks!?

Conciousness is weird.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's fun to observe you dream about film music; i prefer to dream about..other things, and leave film music to my ears only, when i'm awake that is wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's fun to observe you dream about film music; i prefer to dream about..other things, and leave film music to my ears only, when i'm awake that is wink

You get to control your dreams!? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not directly, but the things that i live and think of the most, are the ones i dream of, most of the times. However,film music never comes up though, when i'm asleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Most of the times i don't even remember what i dream about anyway.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    My theory is that we often dream about things floating around on a subconscious level.

For example, one peaceful sunday morning as I was leaving my flat I spotted a sharp knife lying on the ground in the parking lot. My first thought was something like "oh God, don't tell me there was a fight outside my window last night!" But then I immediately forgot all about the knife and didn't think about it the whole day.

Then that night I dreamed that I was back in the prison (I worked as a prison officer a few years ago) chasing an escaped convict through the corridors with the very same knife in his hand!

After waking up I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that since my brain had not properly digested my experience of seing that knife lying on the concrete, it needed to compensate by dreaming about it? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't know much about dreams, but that sounds like a sound theory to me.

What I do know is that dreams are incredibly revealing. And I keep dreaming about my ex, which I'm sure many can appreciate it SUCKS.

Um. I fear *I* may have revealed too much... shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That says a lot about you and your feelings towards her but i am sure you already know that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2009 edited
    I'm not sure I have feelings for her per se, just the actual relationship. But I'm in a relationship at the moment which is not matching the awesomeness of my last relationship. Which kinda sucks.

Ahh to be young.

Hey, an original idea for a Hollywood movie; guy still prefers his ex. rolleyes biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009 edited
    Whoa, I had a weird dream again! dizzy

I got a call on my cellphone at an university classroom (it was university in the dream, but again it looked like the elementary school classroom where Zimmer talk show was held in my dream yesterday). It's from an unknown woman. Her voice was too small to hear what she exactly said. But it seemed she had some complain about our uni, so I suggested she should phone the uni office, not me.

Then suddenly I understood what she was saying. She complained about pigs (!) our lab keeps outside uni, for ecological studies. She said pigs ran away from the enclosures and now running around the town.

So I went in the classroom and said to our lab members (they're actually other lab's undergrads, but in this dream they're belonging to our lab), and they said we don't have any pigs, only rabbits.

In reality other members of our lab keep some mice and finches, but no pigs and rabbits! pig bunny dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2009
    markrayen wrote
    My theory is that we often dream about things floating around on a subconscious level.

For example, one peaceful sunday morning as I was leaving my flat I spotted a sharp knife lying on the ground in the parking lot. My first thought was something like "oh God, don't tell me there was a fight outside my window last night!" But then I immediately forgot all about the knife and didn't think about it the whole day.

Then that night I dreamed that I was back in the prison (I worked as a prison officer a few years ago) chasing an escaped convict through the corridors with the very same knife in his hand!

After waking up I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that since my brain had not properly digested my experience of seing that knife lying on the concrete, it needed to compensate by dreaming about it? rolleyes

Interesting theory! In my case, I dream about what happened and what I was thinking, or I was afraid in real life. These things are mixed up weirdly in my dreams.

So I analyzed my dreams...

1. Lately I often think about Hisaishi's concert I missed last summer.
    2. I watched that Hisaishi concert on TV earlier this month.
    3. At StreamingSoundtracks.com chatroom, I met a person who attended Zimmer's Ghent concert.
    4. I saw too many photos of Hans while I was searching pics for this album cover.

* 1+2+3+4 --> weird dream about Zimmer's concert in Tokyo.

5. I'm worried about Q&A session after presentation of my study next month. --> Q&A session with Zimmer.

6. My mom and I talked about my friends at elementary school on New Year's Holiday. --> everything happens in the elementary classroom.

7. Now I'm (supposed to be) busy working on my study about animal ecology (bird researching).
    8. I read and talked about keeping mice in captivity for behavioral studies.

* 7 + 8 --> weird dream about pigs and rabbits.

9. I went to the uni office a few days ago --> woman complains about our uni.

... oops I'm supposed to analyze the data of my study, not my dreams! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks for sharing your dreams Miya! A lot of fun to read in such detail. cheesy

Steven wrote
    I'm not sure I have feelings for her per se, just the actual relationship. But I'm in a relationship at the moment which is not matching the awesomeness of my last relationship. Which kinda sucks.

Ahh to be young.

I'm not an expert but I always think it has to do with letting things go, finishing things, rounding it off, having closure. I dream a lot about things I do not speak out. Those things keep haunting me in my dreams and I am often literally shouting it out in my dream.

Another experience I had with letting things go. I used to dream a lot about a favourite teacher who died right after I graduated 10 years ago. In those dreams he was also dead but I could see him and hug him and say goodbye.

Once in a while I thought about asking around to find out where his grave was but I never did. Until last summer when I searched on the internet and found his son. I told the whole story, who I was and if he could tell me where his dad's grave was. He helped me out and was glad there were people still thinking of him. I visited the grave and never had a dream about him again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You've hit the nail on the head there Bregje! Luckily dreams can be more positive too... I have this semi-reoccurring dream that I have composed my own symphony. It sounds good in the dream. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I dreamt a lot last night but the only bit I remember was getting on a flying machine and thinking "surely this doesn't work", it was a very small and flat wooden crate with pram wheels and long cardboard wings attached with cellotape, I was thrilled that it took off but I didn't fly too much higher than the cars that were in the street because I was concerned about the safety of the "plane".

I was irritated when I woke up because I wanted the dreams to go on longer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    Not really a dream, but just an idea for a movie:

My idea for a new Predator (no vs Aliens) movie...

New Found Land... the year 1000 something... the Vikings discover and settle there (fact), however history tell us that they left. Why should they have left such a green and bountifull land. Rumors says it was because of the Skraelings... (indians)... but what if those Skraelings were actually not indians... but Predators? (or perhaps only one Uber Predator)

Should be cool... in a Predator's point of view, the Vikings would have been worthy trophies. Willing to fight, sword in hand till death, that kind of stuff. Yeah, great!!! Throw in a solid Silvestri score and it will rock. The movie must be edgy and realistically shot.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    I did dream last night and it seemed real enough for me to get up and out of bed (knock at the door) to open it and find nobody there (I thought it was Maureen).
    Thomas
  2. Maureen? Your ex-wife?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website