• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2009
    sdtom wrote
    I did dream last night and it seemed real enough for me to get up and out of bed (knock at the door) to open it and find nobody there (I thought it was Maureen).
    Thomas

I have that a lot, except I always wake up to the sound of the front door bell.
    Of course there's never anyone there.

I get that every fortnight or so, in every house I've ever lived at.

Maybe I'm being haunted. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Creepy.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    sdtom wrote
    I did dream last night and it seemed real enough for me to get up and out of bed (knock at the door) to open it and find nobody there (I thought it was Maureen).
    Thomas

I have that a lot, except I always wake up to the sound of the front door bell.
    Of course there's never anyone there.

I get that every fortnight or so, in every house I've ever lived at.

Maybe I'm being haunted. sad

Try looking down next time....maybe it's a small man. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Maureen is my new girl friend. We live about 6 blocks from each other.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Thanks for sharing your dreams Miya! A lot of fun to read in such detail. cheesy

Glad you enjoyed my silly dreams cheesy I wrote them down soon after I woke up, 'cause I wasn't enough hungry to have breakfast.

As reading through this thread, I realized I don't have any serious dreams... My dreams are usually silly, funny, ridiculous, or just meaningless (e.g. a dream of Zimmer & JNH just standing with smile). dizzy

I had "late for a class" or "forgot to bring an important thing to an important event" type of dreams sometimes, but those are not that serious. Of course, I had nightmares of scary monsters from movies or computer games when I was very little, but I haven't had any serious nightmare lately, as far as I can remember.

Maybe it's because I can have a good "Hakuna Matata" skill (if a bad dream happen, just forget it as quick as possible)...? Or is it just because I don't live my life seriously enough to have serious dreams? shame biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    When I took a nap this afternoon I remember a box of Epsom Salts? I've no clue what that is about
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Enjoying reading your dreams, Miya! beer biggrin

For some reason I'm not having many dreams these days, maybe because I'm exhausted after a lot of studying in the day! tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I find that I have (or at least remember) dreams more often when I'm stressed out. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I think the worst case with me was when in 10th I had Maths exam the next day, and I dreamt I had overslept and missed the exam! It was so realistic that it took me about 10 minutes to come to normal when I woke up tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009 edited
    I'm always surprised that so many of you have dreams with definite stories and logic (more or less), even though things change a bit along the way.

Lately, I've dreamt a lot, and it's mostly totally abstract scenarios as my synapses fire off randomly...extremely randomly.

For example, I remember one scene from the other night....I was at this big party with John Travolta, among others, and we were all watching a big screen television that showed animated Lego characters competing in lumberjack events (like chainsawing), untill a big plastic curtain obstructed my view. Christ. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Happens to me all the time.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Happens to me all the time.

What, the bit about the Lego characters and stuff?! cheesy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    wink

I can almost never remember my dreams, unless I'm aoken from a deep sleep, and even then they just evaporate in minutes. Strangely enough I very often remember them just before falling asleep again the next night...only to have it all disappear again in the morning.

Ahhh...the elusiveness of the subconscious mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I dreamed last night I was in a Wild West scenario riding on a horse with revolver-wielding gangsters pursuing me through a town!! shocked

Was a quite short dream, but it got me into the mood to play Broughton's Tombstone when I woke up wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    applause

Last week I had a dream about little grey mice walking though the living room who had paws like a cat. They were both a bit scary and cute. One minute I was afraid they would bite and infect me with a virus or something, the other minute I picked them up the way you would pick up a kitten and cuddled them.

Last night I had quite an emotional dream. I'm always amazed at how much stronger emotions are in dreams than in real life. That goes for both pleasant feelings and horrible feelings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009 edited
    Interesting you say that: I find that I am much more affected by negative emotions than positive ones in dreams.

I can't say I don't have any powerful positive emotions in dreams, because ...well... I generally don't remember my dreams. shame (but then I already said that dizzy )
    But the odd thing is that the deepest feelings of helplessness, loss, sadness and despair for me are always associated with dreams. It seems I experience my negative emotions far stronger there than in real life.

I guess that's better than the other way around, though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    applause

Last week I had a dream about little grey mice walking though the living room who had paws like a cat. They were both a bit scary and cute. One minute I was afraid they would bite and infect me with a virus or something, the other minute I picked them up the way you would pick up a kitten and cuddled them.

Last night I had quite an emotional dream. I'm always amazed at how much stronger emotions are in dreams than in real life. That goes for both pleasant feelings and horrible feelings.

Wow! Bregje.

That is so close to a recent dream of mine, Gomez had the hands and feet of a monkey and I couldn't get hold of him. He was creepy. He hid all my CD's but the CD cases were still there. I knew I had to tell the world not to buy monkey hands for their cats.

It was all jumbled up and I don't remember anymore than that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I knew I had to tell the world not to buy monkey hands for their cats.

There's greatness in there somewhere.
    If only for use in a signature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    He hid all my CD's but the CD cases were still there.

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    I had a dream last night that I had written The Lord Of The Rings.

This morning Mel told me I had been Tolkien in my sleep.
  1. lol

What does it mean that you were Tolkien?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

<groannnnn>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'd have prefered dreaming having written the Hellraiser score.

It might have made me look like I was Young.
  2. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nearly as bad as mine smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

*ka-ching*
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

*ka-ching*

Being Tolkien in your sleep might have been a good or a bad thing for her wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    You and Pawel can collect your coats.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I once had a dream of being an elf in Tolkien's world. Do you remember my name in SR? It was the name from my dream. God I loved the dress. Not particularly prone to the pointy ears though!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Merenwen, right?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.