• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008
    NP: Possums - Justin Caine Burnett
    A very nice little synthy score for a football movie. Nothing original or terribly clever, but full of pleasant upliftingness as sports scores usually are smile

Also a little more laid-back than "Rudy" or "Remember the Titans"
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    NP: Armand Amar - La Piste

Very nice! More delicate and reflective than his other scores (Amen, Le Premier Cri).
    I've been on an Armand Amar phase since last week and I'm loving the ride. I'll put him alongside my fave composers smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Transformers - Steve Jablonsky

After the final relief of the end of exams, this score screams "JUST CHILL, DUDE!!!" cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Mutant - Richard Band

I had this on LP back in the mid eighties. Fun zombie horror score performed by the Nation Philharmonic Orchestra. With more than a nod to Goldsmith's Poltergeist score.
    I bought the expanded version which has good liner notes and is signed by the composer.
    However, over half the album has poor sound including some of the original LP & CD tracks without explanation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ALBERTO IGLESIAS - lovers of the Arctic circle

One of his darkest, most intimate and eerily atmospheric but also deeply moving scores. "De Corazon a Corazon" for example, a track running barely at 1 and a half minute, makes much more sense than the vast majority of the current trends of film music.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    NP: Armand Amar - La Piste

Very nice! More delicate and reflective than his other scores (Amen, Le Premier Cri).
    I've been on an Armand Amar phase since last week and I'm loving the ride. I'll put him alongside my fave composers smile

I'm a newby when it comes to his music, but so far I liked every score a lot! Especially Bab'Aziz and that compilation from last year. Pity they're so hard to get or are more expansive than usual sometimes.

Where do you buy them Bhel?
    Kazoo
  1. NP: 'Call of the Crystal' from INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE ... (Williams)

I think this particular theme and concert suite is superb. Had Williams used something like this to represent the musical allure of the Dark Side of the Force for Anakin in the prequel trilogy, it would have had more power for me than the much-vaunted 'Battle of the Heroes'.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Prisoner of Azkaban (Williams).

Pure magic. Pure medieval feeling.

I can't wait to arrive at home and listen it while im playing to "Zelda".

"double Trouble" theme is GREAT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stargate David Arnold

Sometimes you're just not in the mood for anything less than one of your favourite scores! This of course is how we - or at least I - know which scores are our favourites, i.e. when you say "F*ck it, I'm putting on "X" score". biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008 edited
    After reading the McNeely thread I felt compelled to play this....

NP : THE AVENGERS - Joel McNeely

Fantastic Main Titles theme that, unfortunately, doesn't get much more of a workout slant

Although generic at times this is a damn fine score. It's a shame the film was crap because if it had been good and been a hit we'd probably have many more main stream films scored by McNeely.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    *cough* McNeEly *cough*

kiss wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    *cough* McNeEly *cough*

kiss wink

ooooppp'sssssss! shame

Corrected smile beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Guinevres Abduction - Lancelot to the rescue Scape from Malagan's Cave (From Goldsmith's First Knight)

You can't get better Goldsmith Action stuff like these.

The love theme in his action version, or Lancelot Fanfarres are worth to die for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Finale from Cutthroat Island - John Debney

I never feel motivated to listen to the whole album but the ten-minute finale piece is worth buying it for alone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Timmer wrote
    After reading the McNeely thread I felt compelled to play this....

NP : THE AVENGERS - Joel McNeely

Fantastic Main Titles theme that, unfortunately, doesn't get much more of a workout slant

Although generic at times this is a damn fine score. It's a shame the film was crap because if it had been good and been a hit we'd probably have many more main stream films scored by McNeely.

Listened to that just last night. One of the few McNeely scores I own, but as you said, it's a damn fine one.

NP: I Am Legend - James Newton Howard

This is the third JNH score I've played today, along with The Village and Wyatt Earp. Each time I listen to this album, I'm amazed at the great music that was composed for the film and not used. Granted, I liked the silence of the film, but I still find it interesting at the wealth of good music written.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow The Happening will just happen (sorry) to be in my CD player.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : AGNES OF GOD - Georges Delerue

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    ALBERTO IGLESIAS - lovers of the Arctic circle

One of his darkest, most intimate and eerily atmospheric but also deeply moving scores. "De Corazon a Corazon" for example, a track running barely at 1 and a half minute, makes much more sense than the vast majority of the current trends of film music.

"eerily atmospheric"? Hmmmmm?? could be my kinda thing.

NP : GODZILLA COMPILATION - Akira Ifukube

Excellent compilation made by an old friend over at Moviemusic.com cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Finale from Cutthroat Island - John Debney

I never feel motivated to listen to the whole album but the ten-minute finale piece is worth buying it for alone.

The same happen with me.

Give me Lair as a whole score any day, and some tracks from Cuthtroat island.
  2. About half the Varese Club "Ghostbusters" (Elmer Bernstein, R.I.P.)

Now THIS is scoring. Forget Gustavo, Zimmer, or Iron Man.

I even heard a couple things I hadn't noticed before and will have to examine later to see if they are "hidden" themes.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. NP: The Claim (Nyman)

Beautiful, moving score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Water Horse - Legend Of The Deep by James Newton Howard

My absolutely favourite JNH score from last year. The action tracks towards the end, combined with the classic JNH strings stuff are one amazing experience!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Roar !

punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Roar !

punk beer

That's a lovely noise you can make Jordi, but what are you listening to?

Call of Duty 3 Joel Goldsmith

Mmm, melodic... lick (I'm enjoying this one a lot more than Giacchino's Call of Duty score!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Roar !

punk beer

A Leopard? Any more big cat impressions Jordi?
  4. HZ's AN EVERLASTING PIECE !

Fun ! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    HZ's AN EVERLASTING PIECE !

Fun ! punk

An Everlasting Piece doesn't sound good to me! dizzy

NP : BLUE PLANET - George Fenton

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    Raiders of the Lost Ark John Williams

Much like Conan, this one gets a lot of hype on this forum. Though, like Conan, it is well deserved.

As much as I enjoy Williams' new Indy score, it's nothing compared to this. Every cue is a gem, every note is perfect. I am constantly astounded at the level or artistry Williams brought to this film, it's genius (and I rarely use that word). Add to that an awesome recording and performance and you have a genuine 5 star score the likes of which you won't find these days.

It's definitely one of the best scores I've ever heard. And I love every second of it!

punk punk punk punk punk
  5. Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

Fun ! punk

Which Zimmer sounds good to you ? tongue tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

Fun ! punk

Ahhhhhh don't tempt me devil wink

I haven't heard An Everlasting PEACE smile

And I don't ever want to hear HZ's An Everlasting Piece of music that goes on forever spin cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote

Fun ! punk

Ahhhhhh don't tempt me devil wink

I haven't heard An Everlasting PEACE smile

And I don't ever want to hear HZ's An Everlasting Piece of music that goes on forever spin cheesy

Hate to break it to you buddy (what am I saying, I love correcting you! biggrin ), but it is indeed Piece.