• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    HZ's AN EVERLASTING PIECE !

Fun ! punk

An Everlasting Piece doesn't sound good to me! dizzy

Which Zimmer sounds good to you ? tongue tongue

Ahhhhhh don't tempt me devil wink

I haven't heard An Everlasting PEACE smile

And I don't ever want to hear HZ's An Everlasting Piece of music that goes on forever spin cheesy

Hate to break it to you buddy (what am I saying, I love correcting you! biggrin ), but it is indeed Piece.

Uuuuhhhh ummmm...... shame

spin >>>>>>Move along everyone, nothing to see here.... spin >>>>>>
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited
    AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008
    Timmer wrote

Having a KHAAAAAN moment, Tim?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Having a KHAAAAAN moment, Tim?

A "moment"? Yes! slant

NP : GHOST STORY - Philippe Sarde

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    NP: Comes a Horseman - Michael Small

Few releases this year have been played by me as often as this one. Brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    NP: The Happening - James Newton Howard

UPS dropped this off about two hours ago. Just starting my second listen, and while I haven't formed much of an opinion yet, it has definitely made for a perfect listening experience during the gently rolling thunderstorms today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008
    ^ All the descriptions (early ones) i've heard 'till now make it sound like it's essentially drone...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I certainly wouldn't say that. It's definitely not a score that instantly grabs you. From the few listens I've had, I would say it's one that will require a more dedicated listen than say just putting it on while surfing the web. This is mostly why I haven't formed much of an opinion yet -- I haven't sat down and really listened to it, and with score likes this I think it's almost required to pick out the subtleties and appreciate them.

I will say though, there are some great moments of brutality and beauty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David wrote
    I certainly wouldn't say that. It's definitely not a score that instantly grabs you. From the few listens I've had, I would say it's one that will require a more dedicated listen than say just putting it on while surfing the web. This is mostly why I haven't formed much of an opinion yet -- I haven't sat down and really listened to it, and with score likes this I think it's almost required to pick out the subtleties and appreciate them.

Can you compare it to other JNH scores to give an idea of it's sound?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    David wrote
    This is mostly why I haven't formed much of an opinion yet -- I haven't sat down and really listened to it, and with score likes this I think it's almost required to pick out the subtleties and appreciate them.

That's pretty much been the way of almost every Howard score of the last 4 years or so...and given that this is Howard I'm SURE there are many subtleties. So I wouldn't be concerned, Demetris. It's the FILM I have no hope for :P just look at the way they're marketing it... the commercials are like

SHAMYALANS FIRST R-RATED MOVIE!!!!11!!!!!11

rolleyes
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Nautilus wrote
    Roar !

punk beer

Well, we were bound to run into a fan of the scoring for the TV series "Roar!". ;-)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Timmer wrote
    David wrote

Can you compare it to other JNH scores to give an idea of it's sound?

It's been a while since I've listened to it, but I would say it's closer to The Sixth Sense style wise. Don't take that as gospel though. It does have a recurring, almost schizophrenic, three note theme ala Signs, however.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Well, we were bound to run into a fan of the scoring for the TV series "Roar!". ;-)

Excuse me, but, in all honesty, IS there a score for that Heath Ledger series, promo or anything?
    I would deeply appreciate ANY info regarding to that matter. I NEED this music!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2008 edited
    NP:The Happening (The Dark Knight Co-composer tongue )

My first thoughts were...Am i listening War of the Worlds?

2 main influences:

1- It has something from this new Williams sound heard In WOTW and Minority Report.This kind of Xylophone (????!!!) wich are used by Giacchino too.

2- A little touch of a "monster" melodie as Roar!

Then It becomes a little bit more JNH with some little, little touches of The Village and Signs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CHRISTOPHE BECK - the sentinel

Cool, stylish and modern, Powel-ish. Nice listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Happening (The Dark Knight Co-composer tongue )

My first thoughts were...Am i listening War of the Worlds?

2 main influences:

1- It has something from this new Williams sound heard In WOTW and Minority Report.This kind of Xylophone (????!!!) wich are used by Giacchino too.

2- A little touch of a "monster" melodie as Roar!

Then It becomes a little bit more JNH with some little, little touches of The Village and Signs.

Well, Probably my first and my last listenint for a long time.

"the Happening" is not "drone". It's melodic. But it's like a very inferior version of "snow falling.." and "the village". It's good, effective, but I have a lot of music to listen before it.

"The End Title suite" is one of the highlights of the year for sure.

But like the Shaymalan's movies , this kind of "impressive ending" can't sustain the whole
    movie/score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Prince Caspian (HGW)

I know what some people here thinks, And I don't want to talk more about it.

IMHO (and How I saw, some reviewers too) I think this score is far better than the first one.

Less bland, more action, more thematic.... It has all HGW personality. Ironically some people who acclaimed his sound, now doesn't like it.

"battle of Aslans how" "return of the lion" and "the door in the air" are really impressive tracks (In HGW terms)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Prince Caspian (HGW)

I know what some people here thinks, And I don't want to talk more about it.

IMHO (and How I saw, some reviewers too) I think this score is far better than the first one.

Less bland, more action, more thematic.... It has all HGW personality. Ironically some people who acclaimed his sound, now doesn't like it.

"battle of Aslans how" "return of the lion" and "the door in the air" are really impressive tracks (In HGW terms)

Yeah, it's definitely a very fine score by HGW. Personally, though, I prefer the first score. But still, this is a great treat after listening to LWW, almost like a more mature extension of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: D-Tox (complete) - John Powell

Just got it. Not his best but it has some great unreleased action cues that made my day!! punk
  3. NP: Marco Polo - Ennio Morricone

First Listen. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: Marco Polo - Ennio Morricone

First Listen. cool

You're in for a treat, that score is very good! Moody and melancholic but melodic, it always drifts me with it when i play it smile
  4. MARCO POLO is only Asian-themed western score I've played at the office where my Chinese co-worker has mistaken the music for real Chinese traditional music at times.

NP: Batman Begins (NH and Zim)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

First Listen. cool

You're in for a treat, that score is very good! Moody and melancholic but melodic, it always drifts me with it when i play it smile

With one of the bests themes in Morricone's Career! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Metal Gear 4 - Guns of the Patriots (Harry Gregson-Williams)
    Wow, Gregson-Williams in his "The Rock"/electronic-orchestral mood punk
    The new heme for Snake is nice in all his variations and dramatic tracks like "Sorrow" or "Father and Son" make the score really good. And the epic finale in "Metal Gear Saga" is a homage to all of us that started playing Metal Gear back in 1987 (MSX rules!).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

First Listen. cool

With one of the bests themes in Morricone's Career! beer

I love the whole album! cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates of The Caribbean - Curse of The Black Pearl - Klaus Badelt

Before I didn't use to listen to this much as compared to its successors, as I preferred their full orchestral quality, but now I see that under the circumstances it was recorded, it is remarkably good quality and a nice score. It's nice to hear the half-developed Jack's theme which Zimmer fleshes out in the following scores. Great tracks are Will and Elizabeth, Barbossa is Hungry, Blood Ritual and Bootstrap's Bootstraps. Some great cues from the final battle and the gallows attack music are missing, but it's a great soundtrack nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote

Pirates of the caribbeeeee......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep

NP:Lair (Debney)

My third all time favourite score!

From Oveture to Darkness theme to Civilitation to Diviner's theme
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Pirates of the caribbeeeee......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep

Are ya feelin' ok today, matey? wink lol

NP: Cutthroat Island - John Debney

Another great Pirate themed score punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Lair (Debney)

My third all time favourite score!

From Oveture to Darkness theme to Civilitation to Diviner's theme

My mate Luke (flatmate) is probably one of the most least likely people to enjoy film/game music, but he loves Lair!

I've converted at least 4 people to film music since being at uni, and I've got countless others listening to the odd piece in their collection. cool

People do like good music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Hidalgo - James Newton Howard

Gorgeous. cool