• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Steven wrote
    Sabrina | John Williams

Thank you John. cool

But surely this is one of his worst scores!! sad

Nope.

Yes angry

Nope.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MIDNIGHT COWBOY - John Barry + various

Great album!

A deluxe release please?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    Saving Private Ryan - John Williams

Really beautiful and peaceful music. It's nice to listen this kind of stuff from Mr. Williams before Indy IV is released. Hymn to the Fallen is absolutely a brilliant piece of music, so heroic and heavenly. I just love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    JuPe wrote
    Saving Private Ryan - John Williams

Really beautiful and peaceful music. It's nice to listen this kind of stuff from Mr. Williams before Indy IV is released. Hymn to the Fallen is absolutely a brilliant piece of music, so heroic and heavenly. I just love it!

Excellent score. And I love the scores main theme... especially during the track "High School Teacher."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : I' ROBOT - Marco Beltrami

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : GOJIRA - Akira Ifukube

An excellent compilation from various "Godzilla" movies that a friend on MovieMusic.Com made for me many moons ago, this is corking music!

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE INCREDIBLES - Michael Giacchino

Great stuff! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    From Giaccino to Giacchino

NP:Speed Racer - Michael Giacchino

Sometimes it reminds me to Young's Ghost Rider and Danny Elfman.

Anyone with me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote

Anyone with me?

Hmm... crossed by the Looney Tunes, and a little less Ghost Rider or Elfman, then I'm game. But why this obsession with comparing everything to other material?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote

Anyone with me?

Nope, but Ghost Rider sounds just like Spider-Man 3 to my ears...or maybe it's the other way around...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Anyone with me?

Nope, but Ghost Rider sounds just like Spider-Man 3 to my ears...or maybe it's the other way around...

Ummm... maybe because they were composed by the SAME composer.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    "Mr. Glass and End Titles" from James Newton Howard's "Unbreakable"

Great cue!!
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    "Will and Anna"
    Trevor Jones - Nottin' Hill
    Very special and unique cue for me....
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Robinson wrote
    "Will and Anna"

Ahhhh yes, nice cue!

So, why is it so special to you Robinson?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Atham wrote
    Robinson wrote
    "Will and Anna"

Ahhhh yes, nice cue!

So, why is it so special to you Robinson?

It reminds me of a person smile
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Billion Dollar Brain---Richard Rodney Bennett

Doesn't get a lot of playing time from me but his work is certainly top notch.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008 edited
    sdtom wrote

My favourite score by this composer Tom ( though I also have a big soft spot for Far From The Madding Crowd ), I'd buy this in an instant if it got a legit CD release. Love the frantic piano work in the excellent main theme. cool
  1. NP: Tora! Tora! Tora! (Jerry Goldsmith)

Ah. Jerry Goldsmith at his best could do so much more with a 29 minute score than SO MANY other 'composers' could do with a score three times that length.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    sdtom wrote

Oh my gosh Tom..I just checked your profile pic and you look like a mad scientist...are you planning to conquer the earth through powerful chemicals? Now Im afraid......
    Robinson
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Robinson wrote
    sdtom wrote

Oh my gosh Tom..I just checked your profile pic and you look like a mad scientist...are you planning to conquer the earth through powerful chemicals? Now Im afraid......

LOL biggrin

Please Dr. Keifner don't drop that jar of Satan bug shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Tora! Tora! Tora! (Jerry Goldsmith)

Ah. Jerry Goldsmith at his best could do so much more with a 29 minute score than SO MANY other 'composers' could do with a score three times that length.

True!

Excellent film too.

Pearl Harbor should never be mentioned in the same breath.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Saving Sarah Cain - Mark McKenzie

A lovely soothing score from a fantastic composer!

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Peacemaker - Hans Zimmer

This goes great when playing Halo3 online, much better than the garbage O'Donnell and Salvatori came up with for the series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Stargate: The Ark of Truth - Joel Goldsmith

HO-LY SHIT!!!

shocked

This is easily one of the best scores I've heard this year. Fans of Jerry Goldsmith's action style and David Arnold's thick orchestrations - Ok, they are by Nicholas Dodd, joke's over - are going to be eating this one up. This is a monster score! Clanging percussion, meaty brass, sweeping strings, deep choral writing... Joel brings this score back to the origins of the first score by David Arnold, infuses some of his father musical sensibilities and brings in his own voice for the ride as well. This is superb film...errrr... direct-to-video music. I love it!

-Erik-
  2. NP Harry Potter and the philosophers stone J Williams

Havn't listened to this in a while, and the chess game and the quidditch match cues are action scoring at its very nearly but not quite best!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote

HO-LY SHIT!!!

shocked

Well well!
    Joel (standing on the shoulders of giants, of course) seems to be coming into his own then?
    I'll make a note to check this score out!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

HO-LY SHIT!!!

shocked

Well well!
    Joel (standing on the shoulders of giants, of course) seems to be coming into his own then?
    I'll make a note to check this score out!

I would also like to recommend Moon 44, Kull The Conqueror, and Stargate :Atlantis. Great stuff!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Kull I have and greatly enjoy: it's a fun and energetic romp, but -its splendid main theme notwithstanding- it's not terribly clever! (Though that may be more due to the nature of the film itself).

Have you heard Joel and Jerry's collaboration on The Hour Of The Gun, Erik?
    Fantastic main theme!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    Now Playing: Space Balls by John Morris. I truely enjoy this score and the movie...a whole lot of fun.

"They've gone to plaid!"
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Kull I have and greatly enjoy: it's a fun and energetic romp, but -its splendid main theme notwithstanding- it's not terribly clever! (Though that may be more due to the nature of the film itself).

Have you heard Joel and Jerry's collaboration on The Hour Of The Gun, Erik?
    Fantastic main theme!

I have listened to that score and YES, the main theme is incredible!

NP: Return to Oz - David Shire

Spectacular fantasy score with one of Shire's finest main themes. The solo violin version melts me.

-Erik-