• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008
    NP:Robin Hood (Kamen)

I remember how I rewind the movie only to listen the Overture!!!!

Anyway, listen it more carefully ...some parts sounds bad played, is it just me?

the last track, the battle, contains a bad performance of the horns.

Anyway..the 2 main themes are really great. probably Kamen's best themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Three Choral Suites - Miklós Rózsa (Erich Kunzel & The Cincinnati Pops)

Film music at its best.

...have I redeemed myself at all for my Beatles comment?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Die Hard (Kamen)

Incredible How Kamen did the own Die Hard Sound with so little elements.

The final 10 minutes track, the battle in the towe, is just breathaking!

Let's snow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

Film music at its best.

You listened to a RErecording?

the hole you dig is getting deeper and deeper...

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    In my office are doing some Constructions So I need a really loud music, to combat this noisy sound..

NP:AVP:Requiem
    Thanks My Tyler, Now I hear more your orchestra than the Broker-machine...

"Decimation" with the Bishiop's countdouwn and Alien Resurrection Homenages is pretty damn Cool.
  1. NP: Munich John Williams

cry
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
  2. Nautilus wrote
    Let's snow!

biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Film music at its best.

You listened to a RErecording?

the hole you dig is getting deeper and deeper...

wink

And it's a FANTASTIC re-recording! punk

How can you say he's digging a deeper hole when he's listening to Miklos Rozsa fer cripes sake!? dizzy

( and Steven, no! you haven't escaped the Beatles comment tongue )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I was trying to let the lad squirm in embarassed agony, Timmer...but now you've gone and ruined it! angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I was trying to let the lad squirm in embarassed agony, Timmer...but now you've gone and ruined it! angry

He's not off the hook, he hasn't dug himself out of the Beatles comment yet.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. NP Home Alone John Williams

A nice pleasant listen.
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Might as well keep digging. I've always wanted to visit Australia.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Might as well keep digging. I've always wanted to visit Australia.

The way your digging you'll end up in North Korea tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Brothers Grimm - Dario Marianelli
    Awesome! punk
    I watched it today again on Greek tv and of course I had to listen to the score now!

I still can't believe it about Heath cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Brothers Grimm - Dario Marianelli
    Awesome! punk
    I watched it today again on Greek tv and of course I had to listen to the score now!

I still can't believe it about Heath cry

A very sad statistic indeed, reminds me of the equally talented River Pheonix, a man who was supposedly a "clean living" individual.

Sadly, there'll be more gravestones to come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited
    NP: The Life Before Her Eyes - James Horner

Exactly what I need to listen to right now. A score that's not intrusive and undemanding. Just a soothing, relaxing listen from start to finish. It's dark, haunting and mostly atmospheric written for piano, guitar, strings and synths. It just floats along from one track to another. It sounds almost ad-libbed as if Horner watched the picture and played along with it transitioning from one synth cluster to the next and let the emotions come to him in real time. Overall, it's a rather dull album but if you are looking for something relaxing or something to play that isn't demanding - maybe just to kill the silence in the room while you do something else - then I recommend you check this out. Personally, I'd rather listen to something like The New World or Vibes. Actually, I'm going to load those two into my NOW PLAYING playlist right now!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

Exactly what I need to listen to right now. A score that's not intrusive and undemanding. Just a soothing, relaxing listen from start to finish. It's dark, haunting and mostly atmospheric written for piano, guitar, strings and synths. It just floats along from one track to another. It sounds almost ad-libbed as if Horner watched the picture and played along with it transitioning from one synth cluster to the next and let the emotions come to him in real time. Overall, it's a rather dull album but if you are looking for something relaxing or something to play that isn't demanding - maybe just to kill the silence in the room while you do something else - then I recommend you check this out. Personally, I'd rather listen to something like The New World or Vibes. Actually, I'm going to load those two into my NOW PLAYING playlist right now!

-Erik-

Iris'esque? (As far as the 'musical experience' goes?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Justice League: The New Frontier - Kevin Manthei

Such a pity it's not orchestral, it would sound so much better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Iris'esque? (As far as the 'musical experience' goes?)

Nope... not as good.

Southall wrote
    Justice League: The New Frontier - Kevin Manthei

Such a pity it's not orchestral, it would sound so much better.

Agreed! But a damn fine and very enjoyable score nonetheless.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. NP: The Secret of NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith

Definitely another lost treasure. "Flying Dreams" is one of the most gorgeous theme of the late maestro.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    The Deep End of the Ocean - Elmer Bernstein

A complete gem that somehow seems to have slipped between the cracks. And I just noticed that the main theme is virtually identical to the much-lauded Far From Heaven, to which this is very similar overall.
  5. NP: Rashomon and The Seven Samurai (Fumio Hayasaka, both)

Film music with real character.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Wind & The Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

That theme.... that theme! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote

Which one? wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jerry Goldsmith - themesmith extraordinaire! punk
    • CommentAuthorJuPe
    NP: Poika ja Ilves - Søren Hyldgaard

My ordered CDs arrived today and I'm now listening to them. The music for this film is very good, but there is a lot of mickey-mousing. There are also a couple of homages to Jean Sibelius in the score. The main theme gets a bit irritating because it shows up in every track of the album. However the versions of the theme are quite versatile. The final track of the score is the best and it has the most beautiful version of the main theme performed by high string instruments cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote

Which one? wink

-Erik-

I don't think there's a single bad moment on the album.

It's that main thunderous theme that's corking! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Starship Troopers - Basil Poledouris

IMO, this is a miracle of a score. I love it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Did god do it? cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Did god do it? cheesy

He might as well have. Shit! shocked