• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    I'll first listen to the actual album in its full glory before saying anything else I think! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008
    Did anyone notice Horner's Clear and present danger (and other scores) percusion in the Dark Knight???
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    The Dark Knight score that's a whole lot more

Marc Lee meets the two men who wrote the music for The Dark Knight

When Heath Ledger died, film composer Hans Zimmer was determined not to let it affect the way he scored the Joker's scenes in The Dark Knight. "There's nothing worse than suddenly sentimentalising somebody," he says. "The worst thing I could have done was not to - it's pretentious, but I can't find a better word - honour his performance."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh … ark211.xml
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2008 edited
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh … ark211.xml

My favorite part about the entire article...

That said, Zimmer suddenly announces: "I'm just about to chuck the whole thing in."

He has, he says, no interest in playing the Hollywood "game": winning an Oscar made no difference to his life (and, since he no longer submits his scores to the Academy, he won't be winning any more).

But is he really quitting the business altogether? "At least for a period of time. Maybe it's how I'm dealing with my mid-life crisis. I thought, 'Hang on - I'm 50, I've done a hundred movies; it would be lovely to go out and do some live concerts. I don't want to leave it too late."

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I think it would be a shame if he finished...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2008
    Notorious 'Zimmer-basher' Christian Clemmensen reviews The Dark Knight:

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/dark_knight.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LSH wrote

His reviews are just to Goddamn long. When I have to scroll a million times just to get through his first thought then I have no interest in reading the rest. It would be good for Clemmensen to read through some of James Southall's review to see how a proper on-line review should read. Short and to the damn point!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSirCaledor
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote

His reviews are just to Goddamn long. When I have to scroll a million times just to get through his first thought then I have no interest in reading the rest. It would be good for Clemmensen to read through some of James Southall's review to see how a proper on-line review should read. Short and to the damn point!

-Erik-

I enjoyed the review. I didn't mind the length of it at all, but found it very informative and detailed. I could've done without some of the personal anti-Zimmer remarks, though.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I am listening to Beowulf and yesterday was playing JUDGE DREDD. Now imagine Silvestri on the batman films wink

Yikes. I think you just stumbled onto a combination I would stay away from the film to avoid hearing. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am listening to Beowulf and yesterday was playing JUDGE DREDD. Now imagine Silvestri on the batman films wink

Yikes. I think you just stumbled onto a combination I would stay away from the film to avoid hearing. wink

Not sure about that approach but I can definitely imagine Silvestri on The Dark Knight.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote

-Erik-

Totally agree with you, what a long winded review, I ended up glancing over most of it just to get to the meat of what he was saying about the music. And yes, I think he could learn something from our own Mr. Southall.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote

-Erik-

Totally agree with you, what a long winded review, I ended up glancing over most of it just to get to the meat of what he was saying about the music. And yes, I think he could learn something from our own Mr. Southall.

In a personal level, too.

NP:Jason and the Argonauts (herrman)

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

NP:Jason and the Argonauts (herrman)

beer

*waits for the obligatory Jordi edit* biggrin
  3. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    LSH wrote

-Erik-

I will not join the chorus that his reviews should be shorter. Not because I don't agree, but because it would be hypocritical for me of all people to say that. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote

I will not join the chorus that his reviews should be shorter. Not because I don't agree, but because it would be hypocritical for me of all people to say that. dizzy

lol

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

biggrin
  4. This thread just got double-meta on us. shocked

Since I know there's no chance anyone on that message board will see what I say here, I can speak my true thoughts: Clearly those people over there DON'T VALUE LIFE LIKE THE NORMAL PEOPLE HERE DO. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    WTF? I make one simple little comment HERE and all hell breaks loose over THERE. Jesus!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    And I'm also ("an admin") attacked????

I haven't said anything at all. confused
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Anyone who visits some special websites should know what trolling is. The only solution is to ignore them (which doesn't happen at Filmtracks...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thomas wrote
    Anyone who visits some special websites should know what trolling is. The only solution is to ignore them (which doesn't happen at Filmtracks...).

confused

I may have missed a couple of things. What special websites? Trolling?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas wrote

confused

I may have missed a couple of things. What special websites? Trolling?

Nothing film music related, like Heise.de here in Germany.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    This is a bit off topic, isn't it? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    SOOOOOO

Finally got my copy in the mail and ripped into iTunes. Sound quality is definitely night and day compare to the crappy bootleg rip that was available. Natch!

The album is more intense than the original. Using "Why So Serious" as the starting point was the right choice. I'm loving the NIN-esque styling. It's a full 360 back to his first attempt at this of industrial rock sound, The Fan, complete with the detuned piano motif and dark string base.

The new Bat motif and theme ("I'm Not A Hero", "Like A Dog Chasing Cars", "Introduce A Little Anarchy") is a uniquely Hans thing, full of undulating motion, maybe suggesting Batman's moral struggle. And it's great to hear JNH's themes from the first movie reappear again ("Harvey Two-Face" and "Agent Of Chaos"). I would have liked to hear more of the Harvey/Two Face stuff but the album might have been mixed prior to final scoring sessions...

The penultimate track "Watch The World Burn" is still good. I don't know how anyone could thinkg it's ambient music? Tons of angst and dread, with a mournful ending.

The last track is nice and long, though I wonder how it'll fit into the movie. Does it score the final scenes and leads into the end credits? or just a compilation of odd bits? I hope Mr. Goldwasser will be able to clarify.

Can't wait until opening weekend. I'm seeing it on Sunday @ 6pm at the Imax theater.

SOOO EXCITED punk spin dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    WTF? I make one simple little comment HERE and all hell breaks loose over THERE. Jesus!

-Erik-

Ridiculous, all of it. Pathetic at pats rolleyes

And people, i don't care if you open a thread about me as well, but maybe you should really consider getting something more worthwhile to do with your lives other than ranting about us here - SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T TAKE CRITISISM CONSTRUCTIVELY? I know we are special but don't you have anything better to do? tongue rolleyes

Oh and Christian Kühn, i know you're reading this. I thought you were a member of scorereviews.com once and you exchanged several honest and heartfelt (at least to my impression) extensive debates in the past with lots of our members, including me, even personal messages? Wasn't it a community that totally embraced you despite you doing nothing else but constantly whining in defense of Mr.Clemmensen? I don't care about your personal choices and they are yours to make but one thing i hate is backstabbers.

Pfff...Whatever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They all just need to get laid I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    They all just need to get laid I think.

Spot-on dear Sir, spot-on! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  5. Well, Christian Clemmensen does get laid, which is shown by the fact that he has a kid already biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Ridiculous, all of it. Pathetic at pats rolleyes

And people, i don't care if you open a thread about me as well, but maybe you should really consider getting something more worthwhile to do with your lives other than ranting about us here - SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T TAKE CRITISISM CONSTRUCTIVELY? I know we are special but don't you have anything better to do? tongue rolleyes

Oh and Christian Kühn, i know you're reading this. I thought you were a member of scorereviews.com once and you exchanged several honest and heartfelt (at least to my impression) extensive debates in the past with lots of our members, including me, even personal messages? Wasn't it a community that totally embraced you despite you doing nothing else but constantly whining in defense of Mr.Clemmensen? I don't care about your personal choices and they are yours to make but one thing i hate is backstabbers.

Pfff...Whatever.

Seems to me that you're being just as overly sensitive and needlessly dramatic as the two Christians. Drink a beer and relax, that's my advice. Or take Steven's advice.

Peter beer