• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008
    dgoldwas wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Lower your parade, there's an audio cd rip circulating around it's just that the last track is problematic. It's no Youtube rip.

Oh, sorry. Too bad your bootleg isn't a perfect rip of the disc. rolleyes

It's a CD RIP, no matter the errors on the last track. NOT YOUTUBE CLIPS. End of discussion.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...End of discussion.

Is it? Is it really? I bet it isn't. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wonder if anybody in years to come will dig this thread up from the archives and be gobsmacked at how a score considered mediochre to ordinary at best was debated for page after glorious page after page? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I wonder if anybody in years to come will dig this thread up from the archives and be gobsmacked at how a score considered mediochre to ordinary at best was debated for page after glorious page after page? wink

I don't think anyone will be digging it up. The bloody thing will still be going.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't think anyone will be digging it up. The bloody thing will still be going.

Methinks you tell the truth cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Methinks you tell the truth cry

Indeed. Though a far more interesting (or perhaps relevant and important) thread is doing the same thing. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hadn't realised that thread had suddenly become interesting?

I try to stay out of religious debates but I enjoy reading and I'll comment if I feel necessary. Love the youtube clips You & Bregt posted cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited
    Really? Not interesting? Fair enough... kinda saddens me you would say that though since we've all been trying to make some good points. (Well, most of us. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's a CD RIP, no matter the errors on the last track. NOT YOUTUBE CLIPS. End of discussion.

That doesn't negate my point that it was a BOOTLEG. rolleyes
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I hadn't realised that thread had suddenly become interesting?

I try to stay out of religious debates but I enjoy reading and I'll comment if I feel necessary. Love the youtube clips You & Bregt posted cool

I don't understand why you'd want to stay out of religious debates though since I remember you listing it as one of your top ten pet hates? I've been busting my balls to inject a bit of logic into this forum with that thread. rolleyes

(I've put this post in small font as it's irrelevant to this thread.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Really? Not interesting? Fair enough... kinda saddens me you would say that though since we've all been trying to make some good points. (Well, most of us. wink)

re-read. I didn't say it was "not" interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2008 edited
    One of my favorite track from The Dark Knight

"Watch The World Burn" is string driven dirge, written in the same style as the piece "Am I Not Merciful" from Gladiator. It's a classic Hans Zimmer composition, using the new Batman theme/motif that was highlighted earlier in "Like a Dog Chasing Cars". Shitty sound quality though. Can't wait until the album is released next week. One week to go spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant it in a sarcastic way. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant it in a sarcastic way. shame

Re-reading it myself I can see why you thought that way wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    In my opinion, THE DARK KNIGHT is far more enjoyable if you take out all the garbage and just leave:

Aggressive Expansion
    Always a Catch
    Blood on my hands
    Like a Dog Chasing Cars
    And i thought my jokes were bad
    Agent of Chaos
    Introduce a little Anarchy
    A dark Knight

The rest is meaningless drone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote

You're quite wrong, but whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ok, whatever you say dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Yeah, cause the string dirge of "Watch The World Burn" is a meaningless drone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    What about Harvey Two-Face? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DemonStar wrote
    What about Harvey Two-Face? wink

Yeah! I mean, that's a pretty good track too, far from "meaningless drone".
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    In my opinion, THE DARK KNIGHT is far more enjoyable if you take out all the garbage and just leave:

Aggressive Expansion
    Always a Catch
    Blood on my hands
    Like a Dog Chasing Cars
    Agent of Chaos
    A dark Knight

It's what I said!!!! And How long is your playlist? because it's a long running time, so you have a great listening experience. Far from the longest 73 minutes realease.But the realease doesn't mean the music or the score is worst than the first one, in fact it's better!

Ok, So you edited the actual score and You leave the Suites aside. Anyway, I can add "Why so serious", "Harvey two face" and "watchthe world burn" (Curious Why you don't put this one) to your list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am listening to Beowulf and yesterday was playing JUDGE DREDD. Now imagine Silvestri on the batman films wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am listening to Beowulf and yesterday was playing JUDGE DREDD. Now imagine Silvestri on the batman films wink

Must say that's a nice idea! Silvestri sound would fit the Batman movies IMHO. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Aggressive Expansion
    Always a Catch
    Blood on my hands
    Like a Dog Chasing Cars
    Agent of Chaos
    A dark Knight

It's what I said!!!! And How long is your playlist? because it's a long running time, so you have a great listening experience. Far from the longest 73 minutes realease.But the realease doesn't mean the music or the score is worst than the first one, in fact it's better!

Ok, So you edited the actual score and You leave the Suites aside. Anyway, I can add "Why so serious", "Harvey two face" and "watchthe world burn" (Curious Why you don't put this one) to your list.

As it is, it runs on 43 minutes. It's a nice idea to add "why so serious" at the beginning to give you the build up (Which will make the playlist run at 52 minutes total) but depends on the mood 'cause it's too long and odd. I like it but not always.

As for "watch the world burn", why would i add it mate? Go on, replay it; it's pure drone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote

Well, if it's anything like Beowulf, then l'll not only postpone my listen, but just skip the whole score. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm interested what sound Silvestri gives to G.I Joe...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

As for "watch the world burn", why would i add it mate? Go on, replay it; it's pure drone.

I find it more dramatic than "Am I not Merciful?". The end of the track with the strings and the violin are touching.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I find it more dramatic than "Am I not Merciful?". The end of the track with the strings and the violin are touching.

But IMHO, nothing in TDK tops Am I Not Merciful? That is a Zimmer classic!! spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

But IMHO, nothing in TDK tops Am I Not Merciful? That is a Zimmer classic!! spin

Totally agree, not even logical to go into debating this wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

that's comming from a guy who compare the chorus in Am I not merciful? with LOTR dizzy biggrin wink