• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

BTW nice user pic, Miya! I love that and the following scenes from TLK biggrin

No, it's not. I prefer an image of Miya instead.

I didn't put my pic online because I'm not as sexy as Nala tongue wink Actually, I didn't take photos of myself recently... My albums are filled with pics of my dog and wild birds and landscapes.

NP: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Harry Gregson-Williams

Not as good as the 1st score, and there are some disappointments (mainly come from disappointments at the movie), but I still like it. "The Door In The Air" is what I expected for a Narnia movie.

Why did they remove the first part of "Raid On The Castle" including Reepicheep Theme? crazy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    NP: Michael Clayton - James Newton Howard

Please... send me to sleep!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Incredibles - Michael Giacchino

Great superhero score! I got this today, and am in no way whatsoever disappointed with it! Excellent blend of jazz and plain, old fashioned film score. punk biggrin

Favorite tracks:

1. The Glory Days
    2. Mr. Huph Will See You Now
    4. Bob Vs. the Omnidroid
    6. Life's Incredible Again
    9. Kronos Unveiled
    10. Marital Rescue
    13. 100 Mile Dash
    19. The Incredits
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Miya wrote

Not as good as the 1st score, and there are some disappointments (mainly come from disappointments at the movie), but I still like it. "The Door In The Air" is what I expected for a Narnia movie.

Personally, I loved the Prince Caspian score, and thought it was a whole lot better than the first film's score.

Miya wrote

Why did they remove the first part of "Raid On The Castle" including Reepicheep Theme? crazy

I know! I was so looking forward to that part! angry crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    NP: Howl's Moving Castle Image Album - Joe Hisaishi

This album is almost worth it just for the gorgeous opening track "Mysterious World" which contains an alternate title theme for the film. A few of the tracks are almost note for note the same as on the non image album, but most of the tracks contain new or reworked music. "War War War", "Wizard's Waltz", "Secret Garden" and "Sophie's Tomorrow" are real highlights. If you enjoy the the official film album, I definitely recommend getting the image album.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Shaolin Soccer - Raymond Wong

I really like this music. It was also really effective in the film itself. The track "Rooftop" is very heroic and is just one of the many parts of the soundtrack that worked well in the film. I don't think it is all orchestral, which might upset a lot of you, but beyond that the music should please (unless you hate MV/RC, because this sort of sounds similar at times). The track "Victory" sounds like The Lion King , but that doesn't bother me since I loved that music.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Wall-E - Thomas Newman

Although I'm not a big fan of Newman, the score works brilliantly in the film and on album. Particularly in tracks such as "Wall-E" and "Foreign Contamninant" where the guitar work and the quirky orchestration help illustrate Wall-E's personality and sense of wonder.

I didn't particularly care for Finding Nemo (both film and score), but I was genuinely pleased with Newman's score for the film. Just cute, enjoyable and entertaining. Although they should've tried to get the album rights for the two "Hello Dolly!" songs featured in the film.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Little Mermaid - Alan Menken

A great Menken Disney classic with great songs and score! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Panthera wrote
    NP: Shaolin Soccer - Raymond Wong

I really like this music. It was also really effective in the film itself. The track "Rooftop" is very heroic and is just one of the many parts of the soundtrack that worked well in the film. I don't think it is all orchestral, which might upset a lot of you, but beyond that the music should please (unless you hate MV/RC, because this sort of sounds similar at times). The track "Victory" sounds like The Lion King , but that doesn't bother me since I loved that music.

Hey, glad you liked it mate. Nice score for a great comedy. Football matches are scored with such energy, with some MV/RC influences as you mention, but the result is great.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP The Dark Knight ](HZ & JNH)
    Given this one another chance, the last one in fact. While Hancock grew on me after several listenings and I changed my mind about it, there´s nothing to do with TDK. Lazy, boring and uninspired.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    TheTelmarine wrote
    NP: The Incredibles - Michael Giacchino

4. Bob Vs. the Omnidroid

Listen to this LOUD for true justice! AWESOME brass writing! punk x 1,000,000!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    NP The Dark Knight ](HZ & JNH)
    Given this one another chance, the last one in fact. While Hancock grew on me after several listenings and I changed my mind about it, there´s nothing to do with TDK. Lazy, boring and uninspired.

Do you like the last 3 tracks?

And for you: Bruce Wayne theme is heard in Agent of Chaos, in a heroic way (not so obvious like in the End credits from the first film) and in a piano dramatic wa (yes, almost a copy and paste from barbastella).

What about "A dark Knight" ??? I think it's gorgeous! Mind blowing!

"Harvey dent", " Like a dog Chasing cars", "I thought my jokes were bad" , "little anarchY" or "watch the world Burn" makes a perfect sound for this gotham!

NP:Hanckock (Powell)

A selection of tracks : SUV chase , To war and the last 3 tracks!. The rest is boring , but when it's good it's good enough (but far to Evolution wich It's the same style of score).

How I said , Hollywood BLV has the reasons why i love powell!
  1. John Murphy & Underworld - Sunshine

I love it... wink

I love synths... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    John Murphy & Underworld - Sunshine

I love it... wink

I love synths... biggrin

SUNSHINE is a gem! punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    John Murphy & Underworld - Sunshine

I love it... wink

I love synths... biggrin

And a favorite of mine, too.

NP: Daylight - Randy Edelman

Could have been better, could have been worse. Simple and enjoyable.
  2. NP: Van Helsing - Alan Silvestri

Ugh. Definitively the wrong score for a sunday afternoon. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: Van Helsing - Alan Silvestri

Ugh. Definitively the wrong score for a sunday afternoon. slant

Ahahaha...it depents of your saturday's night party cheesy

NP:The Dark Knight (HZ/JNH)

Why I think it's better than BB? Just a few examples:

"Molossus" vs "Like a Dog Chasing cars": While the first was only batman's theme (the 2 note motif and his heroic theme), "Like a Dog" contains Gotham theme, Batman's theme, The noble Theme and Joker's theme....

Macrotus vs Harvey Dent : The first had the first 2 minutes the love theme and then 4 minutes of almost silence...Harvey Dent contains Gotham's theme and the Love theme in a much passionate and a much more Newton howard arrengement.

Lasiruius Vs A Dark Knigth : Both touching. But "lasirius " was like a track from another movie, while A Dark Knight contains renditions of the noble theme and the new theme (wich I don't know from who or what it is).

More? it's a far more action packed and contundent.

Anyway, makes me angry why the magnific Big batman theme is not used. specially the Bruce Wayne theme wich is far more dramatic but at the same time heroic wich fits very well the character.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    Une Hirondelle A Fait Le Printemps — Philippe Rombi

First listen. I'm pretty sure it's going to be lovely, at least.
    By the way, is it me or Philippe Rombi doesn't have his own Fan page on Facebook yet? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Twister - Mark Mancina

A very beautiful score by Mancina. This is growing on me day by day! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

NP:The Dark Knight (HZ/JNH)

Blah blah blah etc. etc.

sleep

Anyone want to take bets on how many times Jordi will post his thoughts on this score in the Now Playing thread? Shall we start the bidding at 1,000,000?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Space Mountain | Michael Giacchino

Theremin!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am thinking of starting a petition to ban the theremin from any future film music production or general music production whatsoever. Forever. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am thinking of starting a petition to ban the theremin from any future film music production or general music production whatsoever. Forever. biggrin

Isham used it well in The Black Dahlia though. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    NP: The Empire Strikes Back - John Williams

I'm pretty sure there will be no controversies with this one!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Miya wrote

Personally, I loved the Prince Caspian score, and thought it was a whole lot better than the first film's score.

What I loved in the first score (and film) is "children's fantasy" side rather than "epic fantasy" side, so naturally I prefer LWW to action-based Prince Caspian. Though I enjoy some action tracks on PC (mainly Prince Caspian Flees and Raid On The Castle), I hoped there were more 'tender' music like "The Wardrobe" or "Lucy Meets Mr. Tumnus"... but this disappointment came from the movie's nature, and at least I have fantastic The Door In The Air, so I can't complain.

I was also disappointed that Harry hardly used "Historical Narnia" theme, but I'm amazed how he adapted heroic "Beauty Of Narnia" theme into quiet scenes. And at first I thought Caspian's theme didn't stand out, but after listening to the album several times, it has grown on me.

NP: The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Harry Gregson-Williams
    smile

...eek, I hate the horrible "Memory Tree" song! slant
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Iron Man - Ramin Djawadi

For reasons beyond normal human understanding, I've decided to listen to this. Go on, everybody do it. Press play and gape in astonishment as your speakers fire handfuls of molten crap directly into your ears.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Lost World: Jurassic Park - John Williams

I'm not a Williams super-fan but this is a pretty awesome score, as many have noted, and probably my favourite out of all his 90's work.

cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Lost World: Jurassic Park - John Williams

I'm not a Williams super-fan but this is a pretty awesome score, as many have noted, and probably my favourite out of all his 90's work.

cool

But why? I want my CD to arrive! crazy cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    tongue