• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Obama got Ohio and Penn.
    Two that McCain really needed
    Still waiting on FL but I don't think it can help him enough.
    There needs to be some major upsets in McCain's favor for him to win.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Obama won the race for President.
    It is indeed exciting having the first African American president!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is plus they have a big majority in the Senate (democrats) but they have there work cut out for them.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    indeed
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Best. Decision. By. Americans. Ever.

Thank you. Now we don't have to worry about madam nuke-em-all becoming vice president.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The best thing here is that a Democrat president with a Democrat house makes for the possibility of some non-partisan decision making.

For the rest...well, we'll just have to see. There's FAR more urgent and realistic challenges ahead than the possibility of someone generally considered to be rather gung-ho maybe becoming president. Rising taxes will mean protecting national interest by closing the borders economically. Disappointment in the Middle-East and Africa about Obama's perceived "black muslem brother"-ness will quickly yield the usual violent response.

Best decision by Americans?
    Experience teaches us that for some odd reason the whole world initially heralds a Democratic president as the second coming. History shows that it generally takes no more than two months for reality to re-asserts itself.

We'll see.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, a THANK GOD sentiment got me as well when i heard the news first thing in the morning but after a couple of minutes i went the "let's wait and see" route as well; i am positive but only time will tell.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    An Historical day for sure. As D and Martijn say, only time will tell if he's any good. My gut reaction is that this is very good news.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hope he's as good a leader as he is a public speaker. Certainly a refreshing change to have someone who can form a coherent sentence leading the super power of the world for once.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or "former" power of the world.
  1. The world needs another Franklin Roosevelt. Hopefully Obama will prove to be the closest thing possible in these times.

Christodoulides wrote

America hasn't quite joined the ranks of your ancient esteemed empire yet, warrior of Greece. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I hope he's as good a leader as he is a public speaker. Certainly a refreshing change to have someone who can form a coherent sentence leading the super power of the world for once.

George Dubya is a great loss for the worlds comedians wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    We shall see, we shall see rolleyes
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    The world needs another Franklin Roosevelt. Hopefully Obama will prove to be the closest thing possible in these times.

Christodoulides wrote

America hasn't quite joined the ranks of your ancient esteemed empire yet, warrior of Greece. wink

Greece, at its current state, isn't in a position to lead anything nor anyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Go China!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh, I wouldn't say that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, apparently that is an undisputed trophy for my country wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, apparently that is an undisputed trophy for my country wink

A worthy one! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There is a theory in this country that Hilliary C. backed off wanting Barack to win and then fail so she can step in as the true "voice of truth and reason" in this country. He has a challenge beyond my comprehension and I truly hopes he succeeds.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I just have one thing to say: the word "Barack" in Hungarian means peach. OK, it has nothing to do with the president, just as an interesting thing...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    IMPEACH THE PEACH!

(I always wanted to say that!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And peach means something else as well, i am sure in many languages too wink So, yeah; what Martijn said.
  2. Go Obama punk

Pfff, like I care, I don't even live there rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    IMPEACH THE PEACH!

And now you've said it!?

cue sound of a wind swept moor
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Go Obama punk

You're largely fooled if you really think that what goes on in the US doesn't affect you where you live.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Go Obama punk

You're largely fooled if you really think that what goes on in the US doesn't affect you where you live.

I know, but I hardly care about our problems in Belgium (which we have a lot off), why would I be bothered by the ones in other countries? That's typical about Belgium, we are so quiet in these times of crisis, we are hardly heard
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    And peach means something else as well, i am sure in many languages too wink So, yeah; what Martijn said.

biggrin

Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    IMPEACH THE PEACH!

And now you've said it!?

cue sound of a wind swept moor

shocked ... no, what I do??????
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    The world needs another Franklin Roosevelt. Hopefully Obama will prove to be the closest thing possible in these times.

Christodoulides wrote

That's what I meant. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Christodoulides wrote

That's what I meant. wink

Hmm....you have secret intelligence within the Hellenic nation?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh, I wouldn't say that.

I don't believe both of you!!! tongue This is not the only thing Greece is currently proud of!Yeah women here are wonderful (before you say anything I don't consider myself one of the wonderful,I'm average), but we have the potential of being great and we will. All it takes is work and faith. And a little help by our politicians but since we don't get anything important out of them, they don't count smile As for Obama I agree!Let's wait and see,but I can't help but being hopeful! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...