• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    am I right about this Bregt, didn't he say that?

I don't remember.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't remember.

Wahhh!!!? The 'ALL KNOWING' Bregt doesn't know something!?? shocked

Call the thread police....
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Call the thread police....

I threw in my badge a long time ago...
  1. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't remember.

what on earth did you do then when we were talking to him?
    Checking him out? biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    "We're hoping Fox can help bring the magic back to Narnia, after the gritty-yet-strangely underwhelming Prince Caspian"

What an intelligent way to say "crap".
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24093

YES! Back on track! cool

Oh baby! Yes! Honestly, I enjoyed the first movie and score. Didn't see the second film and didn't enjoy Gregson-Williams retread. I can't wait for the third film if only for David Arnold's score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too bloody right!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

YES! Back on track! cool

Oh baby! Yes! Honestly, I enjoyed the first movie and score. Didn't see the second film and didn't enjoy Gregson-Williams retread. I can't wait for the third film if only for David Arnold's score.

-Erik-

And that's a sure thing!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

YES! Back on track! cool

-Erik-

And that's a sure thing!?

Well, back in March he was talking about it during his interview with Bregt for Maintitles

http://www.maintitles.net/features/inte … nold-2007/

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009 edited
    This I found on AICN:

"I’m sure many will share my level of excitement as the studio behind “Eragon” is now helping to steer the adventures of the plucky Pevensie clan."

Signed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    "I’m sure many will share my level of excitement as the studio behind “Eragon” is now helping to steer the adventures of the plucky Pevensie clan."

Haha! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

YES! Back on track! cool

-Erik-

Didn't enjoy Harry Gregson Williams' retard either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's not a very nice way to talk about his brother.
  2. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    That's not a very nice way to talk about his brother.

Yeah, besides, his brother writes better music anyway!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not that that's a hard thing.

Oh he di'nt! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    Prince Caspian may have been a retread (or even a "retard") but I'm curious to know where his brother has written better music than it... I'm not the world's biggest HGW fan, to say the least, but surely he hasn't gone from "Best composer ever!" to "Worst composer ever!" in such a short time with you guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who said he was ever one of the bests?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who said he was ever one of the bests?

People used to love him four or five years ago. Until everyone (rightly) decided that, actually, Powell was better.

I certainly don't think he's great, but there are worse MV graduates around, that's for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, but none of them gets projects of magnitudes similar to HGW's. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, but none of them gets projects of magnitudes similar to HGW's. smile

Jablonsky got Transformers and Djawadi got Iron Man... has HGW ever scored anything of that magnitude?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited
    Narnia is bigger, the way i see it. And in case you're asking, i consider Jablonsky a far better craftsman than HGW, who knows exactly what his movies need, but sadly doesn't have an original identity of his own. The latter, in contrast, does have one; only it's not very good.

As for Djawadi, i do consider him a talentless hack in the same company as Tyler Bates, BT, Haslinger and people like them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Narnia is bigger, the way i see it. And in case you're asking, i consider Jablonsky a far better craftsman than HGW, who knows exactly what his movies need, but sadly doesn't have an original identity of his own. The latter, in contrast, does have one; only it's not very good.

As for Djawadi, i do consider him a talentless hack in the same company as Tyler Bates, BT, Haslinger and people like them.

I don't think HGW is a very good film composer either. He doesn't seem to have the creative thought process required to be considered one of the really good ones. But Jablonsky knows exactly what his movies need? It that's true, then why does he then write a score which does the exact opposite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't think many will agree with you on this on dear friend smile When i see THE ISLAND or TRANSFORMERS, i can't think of anything different i'd prefer to have accompanied those visuals instead.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think many will agree with you on this on dear friend smile When i see THE ISLAND or TRANSFORMERS, i can't think of anything different i'd prefer to have accompanied those visuals instead.

true, I'm not saying others wouldn't write something better but Transformers has an incredibly effective and fitting musical score, part of the reasons why I love the movie so much

and at least it has themes shocked wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked

I'm truly shocked by that. I can't imagine that many film composers through history have two scores that bad on their resume. Some of them manage it once... few of them twice... and fewer still in such a short career.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited
    Well, I LOVE the first Narnia score. My gut says it's good when I see the film and hear the album. There is no other intelligent reason. tongue

I like the new themes and new arrangements in Prince Caspian. Especially Reepicheep's theme, which is sadly not on the album. But HGW recycled too many old materials from the 1st score. That's true.

Besides Narnia, the only one HGW's solo work I know is Sinbad (it's really fun). So I can't say anything about how good he is as a film composer... but I think his personality is criticized too often since the day he teased LotR scores... dizzy

Back on topic. Can David still use HGW's themes on the third Narnia without Disney? I hope he'll keep at least the main theme and Reepicheep's "muted trumpet" idea...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i don't think is arguing that they're the perfect examples of film scoring or great musical works, but they're damn fitting and bold FUN!
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Well, i don't think is arguing that they're the perfect examples of film scoring or great musical works, but they're damn fitting and bold FUN!

Thank you Demitris kiss