• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well, the article said the last film took over 200 million dollars to make, so I doubt they will find a partner.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    Disney has pulled out of doing the next Narnia movie, so at this point it will not be made. Which means no Arnold score.

wow, now there's a suprise

our chance to hear a fine score and it's put on HOLD angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2008 edited
    *Cough* *Splutter*

WHAT!? slant FUCK. angry
  3. Since Walden has a couple of partnerships, there are some possibilities. One of their partners is FOX, which would be the perfect mate to finance such a big project, BUT we all know that FOX is very well known for messing things up for everyone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2008
    Well, we lost a most possibly good (or even very good) score and yet another crap movie. I'd gladly take the score and skip the film AS HELL, like i did with the other 2. Damn; hope they re-launch it soon, something i am positive they will; that movie has (surprisingly) a lot of audience.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Do you think with enough support we could ask David to write some Narnia-inspired music?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Do you think with enough support we could ask David to write some Narnia-inspired music?

......must.........resist.........
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

So help me god you better resist!
    So help me god.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

So help me god you better resist!
    So help me god.

If I unleash you'll need more than "god's" help boy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    .....finding it.......harder..............to resist.........
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't, don't! Unleash! punk biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    okay!

tomorrow it is devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    justin boggan wrote
    Disney has pulled out of doing the next Narnia movie, so at this point it will not be made. Which means no Arnold score.

Ouch! Hadn't seen this yet. This quite sucks actually. He was enthusiast about it when we last saw him in Ghent, already brewing ideas and themes.

But perhaps it's better for mankind that the movie isn't made.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    okay!

tomorrow it is devil

I'll get my 5 iron...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2008
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    okay!

tomorrow it is devil

I'll get my 5 iron...

I'll get my pool errrrrrr wooden cue.....ummmmm.....damn! slant
  4. I seem to get some negative feelings about those movies... smile

To be honest, I think they are very nice adaptations of the books, certainly very Disney-like, but with Eragon on one end of the spectrum and stuff like Pan´s Labyrinth or LOTR on the other, there has to be some stuff in between, something children can watch without burning there eyes out or stupidify them. I think both Narnia movies did a good job getting their messages across while still being entertaining and not as gut-wrenching stupid like Eragon. I even thought Caspian was better than the first one, and would have loved to see the next and more.
  5. Bregt wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Ouch! Hadn't seen this yet. This quite sucks actually. He was enthusiast about it when we last saw him in Ghent, already brewing ideas and themes.

But perhaps it's better for mankind that the movie isn't made.

I don't give a shit about the movie, I give a shit about the music

But I'm confident this one will be made in the end, very confident smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I seem to get some negative feelings about those movies... smile

To be honest, I think they are very nice adaptations of the books, certainly very Disney-like, but with Eragon on one end of the spectrum and stuff like Pan´s Labyrinth or LOTR on the other, there has to be some stuff in between, something children can watch without burning there eyes out or stupidify them. I think both Narnia movies did a good job getting their messages across while still being entertaining and not as gut-wrenching stupid like Eragon. I even thought Caspian was better than the first one, and would have loved to see the next and more.

I think the Narnia films are quite well-done if you treat them as being children's films. They don't have the broad appeal of Lord of the Rings, clearly, but they're nicely-made films for kids.
  6. Which counts as "mission accomplished", since the original books are child(ish) stuff. I was stunned how they were able to actually make something that decent out of them, considering the source material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    I watched some of the first film on TV the other day, and it is a bit like being preached to - and I can now see why these stories appeal to Christians! ("Jesus, my what big teeth you have?")
  7. I know what you mean, and I agree, but if you look at some of the old Disney animated movies, you´ll see a similar degree of "preaching" about a lot of different topics.

Thinking about the time those books were written, it´s understandable, as is giving weapons to children for christmas gifts. Those were the times...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    This may have been brought up, but does anybody know how to buy or get the Crawl, End Crawl piece as a non-American, meaning a European customer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I know what you mean, and I agree, but if you look at some of the old Disney animated movies, you´ll see a similar degree of "preaching" about a lot of different topics.

Not a bit of it!
    There's obviously a big hoo-hah about such Great American Values like "you can do/become anything, if you apply yourself", but of preaching as such there is none! The daytime cartoons from the early eighties pretty much got that part sown up with their "Today kids, we have learned that <insert insepid generalism about friends, good and evil, doing your homework, eating your vitamins or saying your prayers here>"

Even the first few episodes of The Simpsons (oh yes!) had such a proper educational message tagged on.
    Thank God they dropped it after four episodes or so.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I liked both the Narnia films. Prince Caspian is my favorite of the two, I think. I hope the third one gets made soon enough for the current actors to return.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2009
    I'd very much like to see it made, I liked the first two films. But what concerns me most is the Arnold score! And I'm kinda glad Disney Records won't be in charge of this, I hope someone like Warner Bros. manages to get it instead so we can possibly hope for a complete score release someday!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Mate, Arnold hasn't even written it yet. How can you possibly know it will be worthy of a complete release? dizzy spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sixth sense biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Mate, Arnold hasn't even written it yet. How can you possibly know it will be worthy of a complete release? dizzy spin

Considering none of his other scores are, it's a rather ambitious hope!
  8. Amazing Grace is great in a complete form. Except the source cues, maybe.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. Panthera wrote
    I liked both the Narnia films. Prince Caspian is my favorite of the two, I think. I hope the third one gets made soon enough for the current actors to return.

I remembered him saying most of the actors won't return, because it was sort of a spin off, perhaps this is the reason it has been cancelled

am I right about this Bregt, didn't he say that?