• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    Le Mepris - Georges Delerue

It doesn't get much better than this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Masters of the Universe (Conti)

Why people seems to dislike this score??

The orchestra shines and the main theme is pretty good! crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Masters of the Universe (Conti)

Why people seems to dislike this score??

The orchestra shines and the main theme is pretty good! crazy

I don´t think people dislikes it if they have released the complete score, do they?
    Not that I like it though, it was so over the top in the movie that I got bored of it after watching it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Steven wrote
    Too much sugar!!! icecream

I need a coffee... beer <-frothy lattes

biggrin

But if you can appreciate sugars, Parent Trap is a good score, isn't it? It's an inoffensive music, in a good way, and suits the movie.

NP: "Godspeed" from The Time Machine - Klaus Badelt

I happened to get this track recently... so far I liked it. Adiemus-like song is a kind of deja vu, but I like it tongue Is the whole album as good as this track? Worth buying? (I haven't seen the movie, by the way)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The Wind And The Lion Jerry Goldsmith

Not too keen on the sound quality (whether it be its age or the recording), but it doesn't bother me too much when the music is so good. A damn fine score, and precursor to The Mummy and The 13th Warrior.

And better than both those scores combined IMO.

The sound is bad though, a re-recording of this score would be a revelation and I believe it would garner more fans for that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Miya wrote
    Worth buying?

Score: Yes
    Film: No

wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    Steven wrote
    Too much sugar!!! icecream

I need a coffee... beer <-frothy lattes

biggrin

But if you can appreciate sugars, Parent Trap is a good score, isn't it? It's an inoffensive music, in a good way, and suits the movie.

I happened to get this track recently... so far I liked it. Adiemus-like song is a kind of deja vu, but I like it tongue Is the whole album as good as this track? Worth buying? (I haven't seen the movie, by the way)

It's very pleasant! smile

But with nowhere near the quality or wonderful themes of the original by Russell Garcia.

i'm really so not the person to comment on klaus badelt wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Return of the King Complete recordings (Shore).

You know im not a great fan of this trilogy of scores. but ROTK complete it's highly impressive. CD1,CD3 and CD4 amazing, and it's incredibly how it keeps the interest the whole 4 hours.

One of my all time favourite scores for sure.

Yup! I love this one!! Actually my 1st top score right now, tied with TLK.

NP: Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End - HZ

Just saw the movie again, and the experience is more fun!! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Now that's a great idea, some Delerue....

NP : TRUE CONFESSIONS - Georges Delerue

Such a short album but worth every single note.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote

You know im not a great fan of this trilogy of scores. but ROTK complete it's highly impressive. CD1,CD3 and CD4 amazing, and it's incredibly how it keeps the interest the whole 4 hours.

Your journey to the dark side of Jordi is complete slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Your journey to the dark side of Jordi is complete slant

Dark side? LOL biggrin
  1. What´s TLK?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    What´s TLK?

The Lion King

sorry Steven that was the last time, spare that bunny cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Thomas wrote
    Miya wrote
    Worth buying?

wink

lol, okey biggrin

Timmer wrote
    Miya wrote

But with nowhere near the quality or wonderful themes of the original by Russell Garcia.

Well, I love pleasant music. smile And I'm thinking about seeing the original movie...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008 edited
    Miya wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Miya wrote
    Worth buying?

wink

lol, okey biggrin

Timmer wrote
    Miya wrote

Well, I love pleasant music. smile And I'm thinking about seeing the original movie...

The original movie is great ( and, coincidently, starting on Brit Channel 5 in five minutes ), it has a soul and a heart, a touching little sci-fi masterpiece, I'd still rather watch the effects in this than the remake.

Thomas is right too.....the remake is bad. IMO a complete pile of stinking festering junk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Not too keen on the sound quality (whether it be its age or the recording), but it doesn't bother me too much when the music is so good. A damn fine score, and precursor to The Mummy and The 13th Warrior.

The sound is bad though, a re-recording of this score would be a revelation and I believe it would garner more fans for that.

Better than both combined? I think I prefer it to The 13th Warrior, but it will never ever ever ever remove The Mummy from my top ten scores of all time. The Mummy is a far more enjoyable listen than The Wind And The Lion could ever be for me, regardless of its classic status.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Better than both combined? I think I prefer it to The 13th Warrior, but it will never ever ever ever remove The Mummy from my top ten scores of all time. The Mummy is a far more enjoyable listen than The Wind And The Lion could ever be for me, regardless of its classic status.

Okay, a slight exaggeration on my part shame wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I always listen to my edited version of the complete Mummy score whenever I listen to it, it's a definite improvement on the original album! Though the official album does have one particular cue/track that the complete score is missing, and that's the bonafide 5 star track album version of 'The Sand Volcano'. Awesome stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    I always listen to my edited version of the complete Mummy score whenever I listen to it, it's a vast improvement on the original album! Though the official album does have one particular cue/track that the complete score is missing, and that's the bonafide 5 star track album version of 'The Sand Volcano'. Awesome stuff.

Absolutely. The DVD isolated version is terrific!
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    What´s TLK?

The Lion King

Sorry. I should have guessed. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Pulp Fiction - Various Artists

Easily one of the best song-tracks of all time. Groovy!

"Royale with Cheese"

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Pulp Fiction - Various Artists

Easily one of the best song-tracks of all time. Groovy!

"Royale with Cheese"

-Erik-

Yeah, damn good! I also love Trainspotting and O'Brother Where Art Thou.
  3. James Horner - The New World

Haven't listened to this one for a while and I am in a Horner mood, so...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Good choice.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    i,Robot | Marco Beltrami

A damn fine effort, especially considering it was composed in just over two weeks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Vertical Limit - James Newton Howard

I don't see this one mentioned very often here. Any other fans?

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    James Horner - The New World

Haven't listened to this one for a while and I am in a Horner mood, so...

Excellent score!

Anthony wrote
    i,Robot | Marco Beltrami

A damn fine effort, especially considering it was composed in just over two weeks!

Indeed, i always thought it was very enjoyable and somewhat underrated.

n.p. BASIL POLEDOURIS - Amerika

Mindblowingly good stuff!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote

...apart from...

The Last Metro - Georges Delerue

Probably my favourite film theme of them all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Christopher Columbus: The Discovery - Cliff Eidleman

There was no stopping Cliff Eidelman in the late 80's and early 90's. He just kept on cranking out one great score after another; Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, Triumph of the Spirit, Magdalene, etc. He was destined to become one of Hollywood's most successful composers. A composer with a vast musical knowledge and a gift for crafting strikingly original scores for each of the films he worked on. To quote Jon Broxton, he was a film music prodigy!

It's incredibly sad to see such a talent wasting his time with chick flicks and teeny-bopper fluff but at least he is still working. Hopefully, one of these days a young, bright director will take Eidelman on and begins a fruitful collaboration that will truly challenge Eidelman one more time, give him the opportunity to breakout of this funk and bring him back out of the darkness.

Oh ya, Christopher Columbus: The Discovery is one helluva score! Swashbuckling action material, a variety of different musical styles and moods, a brilliant adaptation of "Gloria in excelsis Deo", and a main theme to die for. And Eidelman wraps up this masterpiece with a brilliant flourish; A 7 minute end title cues that we rarely hear in film music today.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. A must have for any film music fan!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    LSH wrote
    NP: Vertical Limit - James Newton Howard

I don't see this one mentioned very often here. Any other fans?

cool

A very good Newton Howard score. The first thing I did after watching the movie was buying the cd. The main theme is so addictive!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you