• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Keep going on about it on this forum isn't going to get you very far unfortunately!

There will be other ways too wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Antineutrino wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

SOMEONE RESCUE THIS FROM DISNEY'S JAWS!!! NOW!!!!!!!! crazy kill explode

You do know that there are other good scores except Lion King? tongue

Of course I do, but everyone has a special one... wink

Like...

NP: Hook - John Williams

At least this has a quite satisfactory release! punk (unless this 2 CD Concorde edition is a bootleg...)
  1. DemonStar wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    DemonStar wrote

You do know that there are other good scores except Lion King? tongue

Of course I do, but everyone has a special one... wink

Like...

NP: Hook - John Williams

At least this has a quite satisfactory release! punk (unless this 2 CD Concorde edition is a bootleg...)

Well, I couldn't listen to same piece(s) of music over and over again, no matter how good it actually may be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    You realise there are all manner of bootlegs out there with the full score on? Not that hard to get hold of either. Can't see why you're so angry about it not being released when the music is available anyway? And as has been said, there are hundreds of other amazing scores out there too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    You realise there are all manner of bootlegs out there with the full score on? Not that hard to get hold of either. Can't see why you're so angry about it not being released when the music is available anyway? And as has been said, there are hundreds of other amazing scores out there too.

Ah, but the generally available bootleg of TLK has terrible mono sound in great tracks... sad And only some people have the alleged academy promo with perfect sound. Yup, I do have several other fav scores and love 'em too, but as I said we do have 1 special score forever.. wink

Anyway, now enjoying the Final Battle cue from Hook LOUD!!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote

Ah, but the bootleg of TLK has terrible mono sound in great tracks... sad Yup, I do have several other fav scores and love 'em too, but as I said we do have 1 special score forever.. wink

That's true, but then I don't listen to The Empire Strikes or Under Fire or Braveheart or Independence Day or Close Encounters or Back To The Future or Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Balto or Shawshank Redemption (etc.) every second of every day do I? biggrin I like to savour my favourite scores so that each listen is as special as the last. And more to the point, I don't think I can really pick one as a top favourite!? I've always thought it was Empire, but I'm not so sure anymore. I love many things with equal weighting.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Far Off Place James Horner

A hidden gem? Definitely one of his more unique scores, particularly in the action writing. I don't think I've ever heard action writing quite like this in another Horner score? It sounds so fresh and energetic and very richly orchestrated. Some parts remind me of Broughton's and Silvestri's style of action scoring.

Agree, this is a seriously good score, I would particularly single out the track The Swamp as a higlight.

In fact I'm going to play this as soon as the Olympic closing ceremony is over.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    That's true, but then I don't listen to The Empire Strikes or Under Fire or Braveheart or Independence Day or Close Encounters or Back To The Future or Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Balto or Shawshank Redemption (etc.) every second of every day do I?

I happen to, for TLK (well not every sec, but every day for sure) biggrin But that doesn't mean I neglect other stuff! Like -

NP: Happy Feet - John Powell

One of his magical stuffs! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote

If by some strange impossible but wonderful position to liberate scores from Disney's vaults arose I sure would get it for you.

But not before I got my hands on John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE, Ron Goodwin's ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING, Henry Mancini's CONDORMAN and George Bruns THE LOVE BUG.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote

If by some strange impossible but wonderful position to liberate scores from Disney's vaults arose I sure would get it for you.

But not before I got my hands on John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE, Ron Goodwin's ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING, Henry Mancini's CONDORMAN and George Bruns THE LOVE BUG.

True. That vault of theirs is not less than a treasure room for many of us score fans! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote

NP: Happy Feet - John Powell

One of his magical stuffs! punk

This is my favourite Powell score.

Touching and very powellish themes, crazyness, drama, epic, orchestra, electronics.....

The whole Powell thing here!!!

(Sadly, how a lot of songs are used, there are no a satisfactory climax)

I have Played :20000 leagues under the Sea (John Scott)

beer

NP:Black Rain (Zimmer)

The Dark Knight reminded me this kick strings.

Chase to the steel plant and Nick and Nasa are the reasons why I started to love Zimmer!

I don't dinf this score so original...I mean Harold Faltelmeyer or Christopher Frank didn't compose something like that before Zimmer?????
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote
    That's true, but then I don't listen to The Empire Strikes or Under Fire or Braveheart or Independence Day or Close Encounters or Back To The Future or Star Trek: The Motion Picture or Balto or Shawshank Redemption (etc.) every second of every day do I?

I happen to, for TLK (well not every sec, but every day for sure) biggrin But that doesn't mean I neglect other stuff!

I'm sure it doesn't, but personally I couldn't stand to listen to the same music over and over again, after a while the novelty would wear off (or at least a lot quicker than it would if I gave a piece of music breathing room). The more you have of something, the less special it becomes, so personally I'd rather retain some of that novelty for each preceding listen so that I get the best possible listening experience. Of course I like familiarity in music, we all do, but there is such a thing as being too familiar I think!

My point is YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT, WE GET IT!!! dizzy dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    My point is YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT, WE GET IT!!! dizzy dizzy

Right, right wink

NP: Still Happy Feet! Loving it!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

A hidden gem? Definitely one of his more unique scores, particularly in the action writing. I don't think I've ever heard action writing quite like this in another Horner score? It sounds so fresh and energetic and very richly orchestrated. Some parts remind me of Broughton's and Silvestri's style of action scoring.

Agree, this is a seriously good score, I would particularly single out the track The Swamp as a higlight.

NP : A FAR OFF PLACE - James Horner

cool
  2. Now listening: Klaus Badelt's power anthems for the olympics closing ceremony...

sleep
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    Now listening: Klaus Badelt's power anthems for the olympics closing ceremony...

sleep

Yeah, the music had nowhere near the bite of the opening ceremony.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Now listening: Klaus Badelt's power anthems for the olympics closing ceremony...

sleep

He must have reused music that was too bad to put in films...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

sleep

He must have reused music that was too bad to put in films...

But that would be suggesting he actually wrote good music too!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote

sleep

How do you know it was music by Klaus Badelt? confused
  4. Because it sounded like him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    Because it sounded like him?

They said in television that the music was written by chinese composers except the "airport" scene... confused
  5. Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

They said in television that the music was written by chinese composers except the "airport" scene... confused

I don't know who composed what but when they said that Badelt composed music for the ceremony it sound like typical MV music. confused

Maybe this was from the chinese division of Remote Control. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Just finished watching the closing ceremony too. Decent music, but nothing near the scale of the opening.

And Boris, oh how we love you. rolleyes biggrin

*Looke me, I haz flag!!*
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    Just finished watching the closing ceremony too. Decent music, but nothing near the scale of the opening.

Yeah. But I quite liked this one too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

I don't know who composed what but when they said that Badelt composed music for the ceremony it sound like typical MV music. confused

You don't know who wrote the music but you wrote that you are listening to music by Klaus Badelt? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Horton Hears A Who! | John Powell

Big points for the massive ending. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Antineutrino wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

confused rolleyes
    Any other reliable source besides "it sound like typical MV music?"
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

NP : A FAR OFF PLACE - James Horner

cool

A Horner score that lasts less than 40 minutes!? shocked cool
  6. OK, I know you guys don't have a problem when it's almost impossible to identify a composer by his music, but the commentator said there's music by Badelt and there was music sounding like RC music. So for every other film composer not working at RC would this be a sign that he composed that piece, but I admit that this is not always the case with Zimmer's clones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Pounding Action!! Go, go!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk