• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    NP : GOLDFINGER - John Barry

Big, bold and brassy, Bond at it's very best! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: SHE...Max Steiner I am beginning the process of my next review for Golden Scores. This is one that I've had for a bit of time now and have been listening to it off and on, enjoying it immensely and am now psyching myself up to write about it. A little tougher for me because I don't remember the film.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    OK, I know you guys don't have a problem when it's almost impossible to identify a composer by his music, but the commentator said there's music by Badelt and there was music sounding like RC music. So for every other film composer not working at RC would this be a sign that he composed that piece, but I admit that this is not always the case with Zimmer's clones.

The commentator said the music from the airplane scene was by Badelt, which was actually music without any "power anthems"...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    NP: SHE...Max Steiner I am beginning the process of my next review for Golden Scores. This is one that I've had for a bit of time now and have been listening to it off and on, enjoying it immensely and am now psyching myself up to write about it. A little tougher for me because I don't remember the film.
    Thomas smile

I've never seen the film Tom. In fact I don't ever remember it being shown on Brit TV although the 1966 Hammer version starring Ursula Andress gets played with regularity, great score by James Bernard too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Pounding Action!! Go, go!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk

Yeap! I like it a lot!

Even with the pagiarisms....

NP:Masters of the Universe (Conti)

I thouhg it was worse than it is...In fact it's great!!! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Pounding Action!! Go, go!! punkpunkpunkpunkpunk

Yeap! I like it a lot!

Even with the pagiarisms....

Indeed that is good you managed to do that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HELLBOY - Marco Beltrami

Great stuff! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ZULU - John Barry

Another example of the Prague not coming up to scratch with a Barry recording. This though is the inimmitable original.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    Now that's a Barry score I like! (Although I must admit I've only heard the Prague track on the 4 disc set.)

Rudy Jerry Goldsmith

If this score had more heart, it would be be covering my speakers with blood. It's brilliant.
  1. One of Goldsmith's best works in the 90s indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Now listening: Klaus Badelt's power anthems for the olympics closing ceremony...

sleep

How do you know it was music by Klaus Badelt? confused

Word, and how do we listen to it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    With ear plugs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    With ear plugs!

I'd say that's a pretty reasonable suggestion kind Sir.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:MOH underground (Giacchino)

My favourite one.

Frontline is the most ambitious, but i find the dramatic choral tracks boring.

The nazi Theme rocks! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

On any other forum you'd be banned for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

On any other forum you'd be banned for this.

He was once.... biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Frontline is the most ambitious, but i find the dramatic choral tracks boring.

He should be banned for this... shocked Boring?

IMHO, Arnham is quite possibly one of Giacchino's most moving pieces ever and one of his most daring in the MOH series.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    IMHO, Arnham is quite possibly one of Giacchino's most moving pieces ever and one of his most daring in the MOH series.
    -Erik-

I bet it is damn good as it's Giacchino, but it's completely forgettable as I can't remember that cue one bit. Best thing to come from Frontline that sticks with me is the amazing theme for Nijmegan. It's appearance in Airborne was stellar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

I bet it is damn good as it's Giacchino, but it's completely forgettable as I can't remember that cue one bit. Best thing to come from Frontline that sticks with me is the amazing theme for Nijmegan. It's appearance in Airborne was stellar.

I've even played the game and I think it's one of the most memorable scenes in the game. A big action sequence with Giacchino's slow moving, dramatic and emotional piece underneath is a definite highlight.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2008
    NP: The Parent Trap Suite - Alan Silvestri

Sweet and soothing. And fun. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Now that's a Barry score I like! (Although I must admit I've only heard the Prague track on the 4 disc set.)

Rudy Jerry Goldsmith

If this score had more heart, it would be be covering my speakers with blood. It's brilliant.

Rudy is lovely! cool

As for ZULU, surely you must have seen this film on a Bank holiday? Christmas? etc etc, it's on almost as many times as The Great Escape. wink The full score in the film is only about 20+ minutes, sparing but brilliant. The original kicks the Prague version way outta the ball park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Return of the King Complete recordings (Shore).

You know im not a great fan of this trilogy of scores. but ROTK complete it's highly impressive. CD1,CD3 and CD4 amazing, and it's incredibly how it keeps the interest the whole 4 hours.

One of my all time favourite scores for sure.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

I've even played the game and I think it's one of the most memorable scenes in the game. A big action sequence with Giacchino's slow moving, dramatic and emotional piece underneath is a definite highlight.

-Erik-

Cannot remember it at all! Will need to break out the game again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    NP: L'Enfant des Loups - Serge Franklin

Great to listen to it after a long time! Beautiful themes and effective use of choir (although I do not know the series at all, so not sure how it actually worked). It's a good listen on CD anyway.
    lick

My media player recognizes the disc as Varese sarabande: A 25th Anniversary by the way... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregje wrote

My media player recognizes the disc as Varese sarabande: A 25th Anniversary by the way... dizzy

Don't worry, it's just part of Robert Townson's master plan to take over the planet. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

How do you keep yourself from getting sugar poisoning from this score!? shocked vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Wind And The Lion Jerry Goldsmith

Not too keen on the sound quality (whether it be its age or the recording), but it doesn't bother me too much when the music is so good. A damn fine score, and precursor to The Mummy and The 13th Warrior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Antineutrino wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Because it sounded like him?

They said in television that the music was written by chinese composers except the "airport" scene... confused

I don't know who composed what but when they said that Badelt composed music for the ceremony it sound like typical MV music. confused

Maybe this was from the chinese division of Remote Control. biggrin

rolleyes
    http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/index.php
    This sounds like MV music to you?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Steven wrote
    Miya wrote

How do you keep yourself from getting sugar poisoning from this score!? shocked vomit

Because I love sweetieeeeeees tongue

NP: The Holiday - Hans Zimmer

See? wink
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too much sugar!!! icecream

I need a coffee... beer <-frothy lattes