• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Steven wrote
    Yep, uni friends have traveled from far and wide to stay at my humble abode... i.e. my parents are on holiday for the weekend. Go figure! biggrin

Still, only a week and I'll be back for good. cool

beer

Last week I was in the pub and got chatting with a young couple about films, the girl in particular knew quite a bit about film music and was a fan of both John Barry and David Arnold's Bond music. I thought her boyfriend who knew very little was wasted on her. She's 20 years old, perfectly formed and very beautiful, shall I send her your way!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    <eyes widen>.... lemme put it this way; you know my address.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Kung Fu Panda

The Theme rendition in the "Sacred Pool of Tears" is pure Zimmer. What a great track God....

"Training Po" is diliciously Chinese percusion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    Steven wrote

I do see her around from time to time, I'll see what I can do about offing the boyfriend devil wink

NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

This is the original version Ahhhhhhhh bliss! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Kung Fu Panda

The Theme rendition in the "Sacred Pool of Tears" is pure Zimmer. What a great track God....

"Training Po" is diliciously Chinese percusion.

No comment on track 16 this time? shocked biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    NP: Hook
    I'm slowly packing my things to leave my childhood home for good for the first time in my life.Even though I'm 26 I feel a bit strange.Then I remembered my favourite childhood hero Peter Pan and my dear grandmother reading me his adventures and I started singing "We don't wanna grow up"! smile
    So Hook was the obvious choice!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm slowly packing my things to leave my childhood home for good for the first time in my life.Even though I'm 26 I feel a bit strange.Then I remembered my favourite childhood hero Peter Pan and my dear grandmother reading me his adventures and I started singing "We don't wanna grow up! smile

Bon voyage Stavi, I wish you all the best beer

Oh, and great NP cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I do see her around from time to time, I'll see what I can do about offing the boyfriend devil wink

NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

This is the original version Ahhhhhhhh bliss! cool

I can only follow this up with one score....

NP : THE LION IN WINTER - John Barry

Choral bliss! cool

Unusually I've opted for the Silva recording, although it's bit hit/miss ( no, Silva DON'T always get Barry right ) on the whole it's very good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Right! Something with balls before I go out.....

NP : BIM BAM SMASH from THE BOURNE SUPREMACY - John Powell

When it finishes I leave the house...see ya later wave cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm slowly packing my things to leave my childhood home for good for the first time in my life.Even though I'm 26 I feel a bit strange.Then I remembered my favourite childhood hero Peter Pan and my dear grandmother reading me his adventures and I started singing "We don't wanna grow up! smile

Oh, and great NP cool

It won't work buddy; you're wasting your powers wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Stavroula wrote
    I'm slowly packing my things to leave my childhood home for good for the first time in my life.Even though I'm 26 I feel a bit strange.Then I remembered my favourite childhood hero Peter Pan and my dear grandmother reading me his adventures and I started singing "We don't wanna grow up"! smile

Bon voyage and kali tihi!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Stavroula wrote

Bon voyage! wave wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I hope it gets the deluxe treatment! Surely with all the Goldsmith scores being released these days, we will eventually see it happen?

It truly deserves the deluxe treatment.

I'm pretty sure this album was a re-recording, the music sounded "weaker?" in the actual series.

You're right, it's a re-recording. All this clamour for an expanded version seems odd to me - the album recording is far, far superior to the original tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    As for the theme comment... I didn't say that there aren't themes being created... I'm just saying there is less and less of those fully developed themes... something that you can hum for more than just four or five notes. A tune.

I'd say Merry-Go-Round Of Life from Howl's Moving Castle is one of the most memorable & hummable themes in recent days. The whole score is not my favorite but its theme is.

Yeah, but it's not from Hollywood wink

However, I think at least Love Theme from Pirates 3 was memorable... I could hum it after I heard it a few times at SST (before seeing the movie/hearing the whole album)

NP: StreamingSoundtracks.com smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I hope it gets the deluxe treatment! Surely with all the Goldsmith scores being released these days, we will eventually see it happen?

I'm pretty sure this album was a re-recording, the music sounded "weaker?" in the actual series.

You're right, it's a re-recording. All this clamour for an expanded version seems odd to me - the album recording is far, far superior to the original tracks.

It's a long time since I saw it and I'm glad for the back up. A cleaner sounding CD would be excellent.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Oh, and great NP cool

It won't work buddy; you're wasting your powers wink

Eh?
  2. Listening to Mr. Kamen's and (one of) Mr. Goldsmith's Opus:

Mr. Holland's Opus and Under Fire

bounce
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

It's a long time since I saw it and I'm glad for the back up. A cleaner sounding CD would be excellent.

You're right. I guess any expanded version would have the opportunity of combining the album recording with the original tracks, which would probably run to three CDs since there's not just Goldsmith's score for two episodes, there's also the Morton Stevens music for the other two, which uses JG's themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe - Thomas Newman

A lovely score for a delightful little film. Must be one of Newman's earliest orchestral scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Stepford Wives David Arnold

I really rather charming score and one with a very catchy main theme. I like Arnold, he's old school (while definitely embracing the new). cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Agent Cody Banks | John Powell

Nothing like playing my favourite score on a Sunday lunchtime!

Marselus, wasn't this how you managed to track me down in Spain?? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Marselus, wasn't this how you managed to track me down in Spain?? spin

Hehe, indeed it was! wink

well this and your british accent tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

That's your favourite score!? I mean, it's good... but really? shocked

Fair enough I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Far Off Place James Horner

A hidden gem? Definitely one of his more unique scores, particularly in the action writing. I don't think I've ever heard action writing quite like this in another Horner score? It sounds so fresh and energetic and very richly orchestrated. Some parts remind me of Broughton's and Silvestri's style of action scoring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

SOMEONE RESCUE THIS FROM DISNEY'S JAWS!!! NOW!!!!!!!! crazy kill explode
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Seriously, bunnies are going to die. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    Seriously, bunnies are going to die. slant

Seriously, Walt Disney Records officials are going to be explode !!
  3. DemonStar wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

SOMEONE RESCUE THIS FROM DISNEY'S JAWS!!! NOW!!!!!!!! crazy kill explode

You do know that there are other good scores except Lion King? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Keep going on about it on this forum isn't going to get you very far unfortunately!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Dragonheart
    Wonderful! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...