• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    NP : PLAYING BY HEART - John Barry

Gorgeous, light jazzy score also includes original tracks from the great Chet Baker of which Barry's score flows seamlessly between. One of the best late night scores you could listen to for chillin out. cool

I'm enjoying this so much right now, anyone else a fan of this score?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008
    NP: Hook - John Williams

Great score, easily one of my favorites! Excellent themes! lick punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Gorgeous, light jazzy score also includes original tracks from the great Chet Baker of which Barry's score flows seamlessly between. One of the best late night scores you could listen to for chillin out. cool

I've scarcely found a Barry score I didn't like. Well, maybe White Buffalo was a little less accessible, but that was an oddity in his canon. But surely Playing by Heart is something I like very much, too.

NP: Blue Thunder, Arthur B. Rubinstein
    Yes, the companion score on the Airwolf release I mentioned earlier. Took me all day to get through the whole thing. XD But it's great stuff.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    William wrote

Me too. One of his greatest scores of all time. beer
    I dare someone to say they hate this score. I will fight them!!!!!! kill
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    omaha wrote
    William wrote

I've heard Chuck Norris hates it.

Good luck, man.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote
    William wrote

Good luck, man.

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    NP: The Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex, EWK
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    HeeroJF wrote
    omaha wrote
    William wrote

Good luck, man.

check the obituaries tomorrow. cause tomorrow, chuck norris is going to be...
    DEAD! kill

haha, maybe not. There is no way in heck I could take him and his boflex machine on!
  1. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yep but I would be surprised you didn't know that! wink

NP Towelhead Thomas Newman

2 very good cues and some atmospheric underscore for this very short 14 minutes score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was playing: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom.....(Williams)

Definetly a great dissapointment.

The skull motif is great, but it's so overused that you quickly find it very repetitive and boring.

About the music in the movie.. I find Raiders theme is used very badly in some "tender moments". I find it annoying.Seriouslu.

NP:A league of their Own (Zimmer)

The Final Game is easely one of Zimmer's top action tracks. i love shirley walker :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    I was playing: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom.....(Williams)

Definetly a great dissapointment.

The skull motif is great, but it's so overused that you quickly find it very repetitive and boring.

About the music in the movie.. I find Raiders theme is used very badly in some "tender moments". I find it annoying.Seriouslu.

I definITEly agree, seriouslY.

juajua, que cabró que sóc
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Deleted for stupidity reasons.

Awww! slant

Anybody see what Ralph wrote?? cheesy

It was a very long comment about McCreary´s Terminator score which I wrote for the specific topic, of course. When I noticed my mistake, I saved the post and then deleted it, only to find out that it wasn´t saved, and i didn´t want to write it all again at that time. Maybe later. smile

Hey, do it mate, I´m interested in your opinion about Sarah Connor Chronicles score (and show) wink

And chick.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Deleted for stupidity reasons.

Awww! slant

Anybody see what Ralph wrote?? cheesy

It was a very long comment about McCreary´s Terminator score which I wrote for the specific topic, of course. When I noticed my mistake, I saved the post and then deleted it, only to find out that it wasn´t saved, and i didn´t want to write it all again at that time. Maybe later. smile

Hey, do it mate, I´m interested in your opinion about Sarah Connor Chronicles score (and show) wink

And chick.

Hehe, also the chick tongue
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tintin wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yep but I would be surprised you didn't know that! wink

NP Towelhead Thomas Newman

2 very good cues and some atmospheric underscore for this very short 14 minutes score.

Your post on jazzy scores is what prompted me to play it last night. cool

NP : BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN - Richard Rodney Bennett

God damn but that piano in the main theme is a truly addictive riff! punk

Love the use of Ondes Martenot in this score too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    omaha wrote

check the obituaries tomorrow. cause tomorrow, chuck norris is going to be...
    DEAD! kill

haha, maybe not. There is no way in heck I could take him and his boflex machine on!

To celebrate Chuck's effortless victory over you and your machine gun I should've brought with me that new Invasion U.S.A. release today. Instead, I'm NP: Cimarron, Franz Waxman.

Close enough, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:black Hawk Down (Zimmer and others)

I was really shocked (well..the exactly word is not so "positive") with this score. i was expecting Peacemaker 2.....

But It is one of Zimmer's best scores in the movie, and In the album I can say is not so hard than some people say.

Hunger , chant , of the eart or Still Reprise are really worth to listen. Sadly Mogadishu blues or bakara are out of place.

Barraaaaaaaaaaaa....barraaaaaaaaaaa.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BLACKHAWK DOWN is top-class modern score. Tremendously functional and influential, a very energetic and genuinely ballsy score with the necessary dramatic dosage!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    BLACKHAWK DOWN is top-class modern score. Tremendously functional and influential, a very energetic and genuinely ballsy score with the necessary dramatic dosage!

Probably my 2nd favourite Zimmer score.

NP : MADRE TERESA - Guy Farley

Lush, John Barry like score, a lovely listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Let's put another fantastic Zimmer here while we're at it:

NP: Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

The template for modern action film scoring: I consider it a milestone in the genre, this album provides a thrill-ride experience that doesn't let up from the moment you hit Play. Still rocking out to it, even after countless listens...

punk punk punk punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    DreamTheater wrote

NP: Crimson Tide - Hans Zimmer

The template for modern action film scoring: I consider it a milestone in the genre, this album provides a thrill-ride experience that doesn't let up from the moment you hit Play. Still rocking out to it, even after countless listens...

punk punk punk punk punk

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NP:Solaris (MartineZ)

Mindblowing.

One of my all time favourite scores, seriously. This Glass sound really transports me.
  2. Nautilus wrote

Mindblowing.

One of my all time favourite scores, seriously. This Glass sound really transports me.

sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep

biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Mindblowing.

sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep

biggrin

You were seriously asking for that Jordi biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Wow, I find Black Hawk Down so hard-edged... I mean so hard-edged, in an obfuscating, rigid kind of way... It's modern, no doubt, and it's certainly ballsy, but also... I dunno, unfriendly. Uncompromising. Like Danny Elfman's The Kingdom. Mind you, Horner's Red Heat is also extremely hard-edged and unfriendly, but I can get on board with that one. I love it in fact. Maybe I'm just more at-ease with sounds of the 80s than modern-day movies... Or maybe I just need to do like Thin Red Line and pick Black Hawk Down up from my shelf and give it another shot, too.....

NP: Gaby, Maurice Jarre
    Lovely, lovely little score by my favourite French composer. Yes, even more than Mr. Delerue.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR - Bill Conti

Nowhere near the refined class of Legrand's original but it's still a damn fine listen that I'll return to over and over.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Wow, I find Black Hawk Down so hard-edged... I mean so hard-edged, in an obfuscating, rigid kind of way... It's modern, no doubt, and it's certainly ballsy, but also... I dunno, unfriendly. Uncompromising. Like Danny Elfman's The Kingdom. Mind you, Horner's Red Heat is also extremely hard-edged and unfriendly, but I can get on board with that one. I love it in fact. Maybe I'm just more at-ease with sounds of the 80s than modern-day movies... Or maybe I just need to do like Thin Red Line and pick Black Hawk Down up from my shelf and give it another shot, too.....

Lovely, lovely little score by my favourite French composer. Yes, even more than Mr. Delerue.

Though Jarre comes second to Delerue for me, it's great to see his name mentioned in such glowing terms. Jarre is such a class act and has written so many excellent scores and yet very rarely get's a mention here at this board.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

Mindblowing.

One of the few occasions i'd directly agree with everything you just said without changing the slightest word!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HeeroJF wrote

BlackHawk Down is SO FAR ahead of THE KINGDOM. Watch the movie, listen to the score inside it, turn the volume up, observe its usage. It's phenomenal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    The things that weirds me out is that Black Hawk Down is sometimes mentioned to me by people who are complete neophytes in film music. They'll say: "Oh yeah, I have kind of an interest in film music. You know, there's, uh, Pirates of Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, The Crow, Black Hawk Down, you know high-profile stuff like that." I think it's such a achievement for a difficult score like BHD to be so well-known among the neophytes! Clearly the usage of the music in the movie (which I haven't seen) must've had an impact. I never would've imagined it to be a high-profile work based on the music alone. Kudos for it, though!

Then again, I loathe The Crow. So popularity among neophytes isn't necessarily always such a big or well-deserved thing...

I shall listen to it more though, I promise.

NP: Judge Dredd, Alan Silvestri.
    One of my earliest scores! I went through a Silvestri-overdose phase a long time ago, and there was a time I couldn't bear to listen to stuff like this. I've warmed up to it once more now. Not a masterpiece, but some powerful fun. Kinda fun to hear his "urban demented saxophone screeches" like in Predator 2 make an appearance, too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    HeeroJF wrote

BlackHawk Down is SO FAR ahead of THE KINGDOM. Watch the movie, listen to the score inside it, turn the volume up, observe its usage. It's phenomenal.

Except for the Simon & Garfunkel moment wink