• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008
    Miya wrote
    NP: Beauty And The Beast - Alan Menken

He's always at his best when writing "Disneyish" things... but Transformation is a great piece of score in any way. smile

Yeah! It's my favourite Menken score right now! Followed by Aladdin biggrin

NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer

Said 'nuff cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You gotta be kidding me. Even Jordi was never this bad...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2008 edited
    NP: All the King's Men - James Horner

This score is definitely a grower. The emotional aspect of the music only becomes apparent when you've listened to it a few times. It's an intimate one but with enough energy to not become a snooze-fest Horner sometimes comes up with. I didn't think of it highly on my first listen, but I'm really getting into it (about 5 listens now). The piano cues are beautiful. Nevertheless I think you need to be in the mood for it, which I totally am at the moment...

3.5 out of 5
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

A new name for Ravi...

Nautilus 2
    Jordi Twice
    Son of Nautilus

...... wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

A new name for Ravi...

Nautilus 2
    Jordi Twice
    Son of Nautilus

...... wink

LOL tongue

NP: Stardust - Ilan Eshkeri

I like this one!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    His holiness Nautilus the Second... it has a nice ring to it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    His holiness Nautilus the Second

Ravi 2 Jordi
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus The II... LOL. Trying to imagine it as a history film with a Patrick Doyle score lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But seriously, you can stop telling us about The Lion King now. We get it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Right, right wink

NP: The Matrix (promo) - Don Davis

Fun action stuff! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote

He's always at his best when writing "Disneyish" things... but Transformation is a great piece of score in any way. smile

Said 'nuff cool

My fave Menken score is, ironically, the one that broke the nonstop Oscar winning streak: The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. The track "Sanctuary" just keeps building and building so much, and when you think it can't possibly reach any new heights, it does. Just... wow.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    HeeroJF wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote

Said 'nuff cool

My fave Menken score is, ironically, the one that broke the nonstop Oscar winning streak: The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. The track "Sanctuary" just keeps building and building so much, and when you think it can't possibly reach any new heights, it does. Just... wow.

Yup, I love that one too! Have a nostalgic attachment with Aladdin so I'm a bit partial to it wink But yeh, I LOVE Sanctuary! It's one of the most amazing choral action tracks I've heard! Storybook Ending from Enchanted was a similar big treat too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I need to listen to Enchanted a bit more, still. Let the instrumental tracks seep in a little more, especially if there's one of those incredible build-ups I haven't noticed yet.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Right right indeed, because I'm being as earnest as possible. You haven't exactly caught me in the best of moods, and to read about The Lion King for the millionth time on a forum I want to enjoy reading is very annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Right right indeed, because I'm being as earnest as possible. You haven't exactly caught me in the best of moods, and to read about The Lion King for the millionth time on a forum I want to enjoy reading is very annoying.

I mentioned it after a month or so BTW, but, well, as you wish tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Fun action stuff! punk

You looking forward to the complete that's coming out? cool
  1. Well, I'm getting it myself smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Fun action stuff! punk

You looking forward to the complete that's coming out? cool

Yup! I'm interested how they presented it in the new one, and the sound quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Rambo II - Jerry Goldsmith (Extended Edition)

The ultimate action score and one of my all time favourites .
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Steven, though I can understand being miffed at an excess of TLK posts there's no need to take your bad mood out on a board member.

I hope whatever has made you grumpy is not too serious.

Have a drink on me beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks for that, Timmer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: J-ok'el - George Shaw

Just got it, first listen. I'm liking it a lot! Especially Market Chase, terrific! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I just arrived from Paris....It's an incredible experience playing Ratatouille (specially "le Festin" in Montmatre , Count of Montecristo in Versalies, Bourne Supremacy in the Metro and MOH underground in "les invalides"....

Now back to the real life sad

NP:First Knight (Goldsmith)

wow! In my top goldsmith 5!

Long and vibrant action tracks, long and well devoloped dramatic themes and a great realease!

You can't ask for something better.

A new life, The Kiss or Camelot lives are touching!

Lancelot fanfarre (Specially from Guinevres abduction to Scape from Malagan's..) are some of the best heroic music Goldsmith composed since Rambo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I just arrived from Paris....It's an incredible experience playing Ratatouille (specially "le Festin" in Montmatre , Count of Montecristo in Versalies, Bourne Supremacy in the Metro and MOH underground in "les invalides"...

Haha, your own temp track for your trip. Nice! punk beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Amazing city, isn't it, Jordi?

And good musical choices indeed smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Tintin wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    It's Martin! Hello Martin!!

HELLO!!

Hello Michael! I know it's been a while!

NP The Life Before Her Eyes James Horner

Needed something to unwind. Off to dreamland now...

Martin my man! Where have you been? Are you all right? wave

I am doing well thanks and I'm alright! Don't worry smile Check your PM.

NP Igor Doyle

I'm impressed about this one. It has a lot of variety like most of Doyle's scores. I really like it when Doyle does piano only tracks like he did in Seconhand Lions. This time we are treated with two of them. His arrangements of this piano theme are well crafted and heartfelt. The score has a quirky feel and a darker side to it and when the choir comes in for the last 4 or 5 last cues before the piano solo cue, watch out ! This one grabs me much more than his previous Nim's Island. Good old Patrick is back in good form. There is only one piece that seems out of place that I'm not very fond of (Hot tub rub).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    HeeroJF wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote

Said 'nuff cool

Though Notre Dame is good, I don't consider it as Menken's best... I felt that it's something other composers could do. I prefer his Disneyish fantasy stuff such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Enchanted... that's what Menken doing Menken.

NP: Nine Months - Hans Zimmer

This music make me sleepy (in a good way wink)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Right, right wink

Steven, though I can understand being miffed at an excess of TLK posts there's no need to take your bad mood out on a board member.

I hope whatever has made you grumpy is not too serious.

Have a drink on me beer

Yeah; what's wrong buddy? Hope nothing too serious?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Miya wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Miya wrote

Said 'nuff cool

Though Notre Dame is good, I don't consider it as Menken's best... I felt that it's something other composers could do. I prefer his Disneyish fantasy stuff such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Enchanted... that's what Menken doing Menken.

NP: Nine Months - Hans Zimmer

This music make me sleepy (in a good way wink)

It's supposed to be. Mozart inspired music is good for sleepy babies! In a good way wink of course. Lovely theme it is.

About Menken, I think he outdid himself in terms of choir writing and this seems to be his most complex dramatic score too. The song Heaven's Light/Hellfire is very mature with layers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    DemonStar wrote

Said 'nuff cool

Yes, you really have.