• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008
    Timmer wrote
    NP : UNDER FIRE - Jerry Goldsmith

FANTASTIC! What more can I say? cool

And continuing with Goldsmith...

NP : THE GHOST AND THE DARKNESS - Jerry Goldsmith

Sweeeeeet! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Out Dated. tongue

So's your face.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Out Dated. tongue

So's your face.

^
    First laugh out loud moment today LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Star Trek (Goldsmith)

It is runner up to my top 10 all time favourites scores.

The Cloud, Vejur Flyeover or The Meld are terribly hypnotic. A mix between Herrman and religious music.

Curious how this sound can fit in basic Instinc and Total Recall (the mutant) too.

About more melodic track...well, Enterprise or Illia's theme sometimes i can enjoy his beauty.

Klingon's battle beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

About more melodic track...well, Enterprise or Illia's theme sometimes i can enjoy his beauty.

...what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Basic Instinct - Jerry Goldsmith

This is just one fantastic score, right from the first few bars of the Main Titles cue. Man, that theme gives me goosebumps.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates Of The Caribbean - At World's End - Hans Zimmer

Very fun experience! Combined with the Suites, this is very entertaining (to me) biggrin
  1. Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

...what?

Their. I don't think Jordi enjoys Ilia's beauty.

Though who knows...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Starship Troopers 2 (John Morgan and William Stromberg)

Somebody forgot to type Hans Zimmer´s name as an additional composer. The Backdraft rip is one of the most shameless I´ve ever listened.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. Marselus wrote

Somebody forgot to type Hans Zimmer´s name as an additional composer. The Backdraft rip is one of the most shameless I´ve ever listened.

And it(s probably the worst film I've ever seen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hybrid Soldier wrote
    Marselus wrote

And it(s probably the worst film I've ever seen...

Indeed. And now Starship Troopers 3, score by Klaus Badelt...
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008 edited
    NP: March Of The Penguins - Alex Wurman

A very pretty and soothing score, not really what you'd expect to accompany an epic nature documentary but it really is quite beautiful.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JERRY GOLDSMITH - papillon

Yesterday's talk from Southall in the 'current state of film music' thread make me want to revisit this singular gem.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR McCREARY - Battlestar Galactica season 1

Interesting to note the differences between season 2 and especially 3. What was raw and more of a primal approach to the show gently evolved progressively into the far more melodic, mature and grand sound of the third season in what's a very impressive body of work overall; really interested as to what we'll hear in the fourth season.
  3. NP: Is Paris Burning? - Maurice Jarre

What a great score punk

I got my copy yesterday finally after ordering from three different Amazon marketplace sellers in the last five weeks... vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2008 edited
    PAUL HASLINGER - Death Race

I can't hide the fact that i will giggle at and have difficulties ever taking seriously again anyone who will actually consider this anything short but 100% pure crap. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jordi and you certainly have a very distinct grasp of syntax! dizzy (One very different from the other I hasten to add.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excuse me mate but my ears seriously bleed; i put this in with neutral expectations but things are starting to get worrying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll pass then. Save my *cough* money for other things...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: Is Paris Burning? - Maurice Jarre

What a great score punk

I got my copy yesterday finally after ordering from three different Amazon marketplace sellers in the last five weeks... vomit

Hehe... I bought this one from Intrada. That main theme is a real stunner - brings a shiver to the spine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I'll pass then. Save my *cough* money for other things...

NO, this is SO bad you have to listen to it! biggrin Btw i just remembered what Death Race's main titles reminded me of hahaha it's funny; see the 'current state of film music' thread in a minute.
  4. Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

What a great score punk

Hehe... I bought this one from Intrada. That main theme is a real stunner - brings a shiver to the spine.

One of those scores that would be sold out within a few hours if they were released limited by Intrada or someone else. But this release is neither limited nor expensive, so most people won't ever listen to it. Film music fans can be strange sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Antineutrino wrote
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

What a great score punk

One of those scores that would be sold out within a few hours if they were released limited by Intrada or someone else. But this release is neither limited nor expensive, so most people won't ever listen to it. Film music fans can be strange sometimes.

You said it.

NP: The Four Musketeers - Matt Dunkley

Wow, what an opening track! If it lives up to this it's going to be a very special score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Far from a brilliant performance from the orchestra, and not a particularly full recording, yet early-Horner's music is so irresistible that I don't care! I love this score.

In fact, I kind of like that the recording isn't Mr. Sparkle Fantastic super 24-bit and the orchestra isn't to LSO standards... it all gives it a certain charm IMO. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a rerecording of this score too.)
  5. Steven wrote
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Far from a brilliant performance from the orchestra, and not a particularly full recording, yet early-Horner's music is so irresistible that I don't care! I love this score.

In fact, I kind of like that the recording isn't Mr. Sparkle Fantastic super 24-bit and the orchestra isn't to LSO standards... it all gives it a certain charm IMO. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a rerecording of this score too.)

In utter agreement!!!!

Keyword here is charm

A brilliant taste of things to come.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Southall wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

Gents, which version is this?
    The mono four-suites version?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DRG recently reissued it. I think it's the same as the old Varese version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Poop.
    That's the same as my Columbia version. angry

I've been looking for a stereo issue for ages.
    The brilliant thing is that the front of the Columbia issue -evidently a reprint from the vinyl album- in large letters spouts STEREO!...and it's really VERY mono... slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Incidentally: what company is DRG? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They can't do a real stereo disc if the originals are in mono; they'll just duplicate the mono, send it to 2 channels and sell it as what's essentially is a pseudo-stereo, both speakers will be playing exactly the same thing.