• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Gods Behaving Badly" (Marc Turtletaub's feature film directorial debut, previously doing producing)
    George S. Clinton
    Source: news section of his website.

Also from the news section:

"Elixir" (recorded)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. "Vivaldi"
    Carlo Siliotto (replacing robert Folk)
    Source: none found; Siliotto is now listed on IMDB. I don't know if Folk did anything or not.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. From Joel McNeely's "News" page on his website:

Joel has just completed the score to a new outdoor spectacular show for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris. The show is entitled Disney Dreams. Joel recorded at Abbey Road in London with a 90 piece orchestra, children's choir and adult choir. It will also feature a song written by Joel for Cara Dillon.

Joel is working on the latest Tinker Bell movie, Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings.

(minus some awards and album work)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012
    justin boggan wrote
    "Vivaldi"
    Carlo Siliotto (replacing robert Folk)
    Source: none found; Siliotto is now listed on IMDB. I don't know if Folk did anything or not.

Dream assignment.
    I'd buy that without even looking.
    Erm. Listening.

You know what I mean.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2012 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    Joel has just completed the score to a new outdoor spectacular show for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris. The show is entitled Disney Dreams. Joel recorded at Abbey Road in London with a 90 piece orchestra, children's choir and adult choir.

Want!!!!!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  4. Scribe wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Joel has just completed the score to a new outdoor spectacular show for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris. The show is entitled Disney Dreams. Joel recorded at Abbey Road in London with a 90 piece orchestra, children's choir and adult choir.

Want!!!!!

You and me both
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. From a February 28th Variety article:

First Artists Management announced the following gigs for its clients: Joseph Bishara will compose the score for New Line Cinema's "The Warren Files," directed by James Wan; Rolf Kent will score Nicolas Barry's "The Scapegoat" and Michael Hoffman's "Gambit"; and Andrea Guerra will score Gabriele Muccino's "Playing the Field."
  6. Unfotunately, the newest coming David Attenborough written documentary will not be scored, unlike the ones from the passed few years, by George Fenton, which is a shame -- because this time it's outerspace:

"Kingdom of Plants 3D"
    Joel Douek, Elik Alvarez & Freddy Sheinfeld
    Source: interviews, and IMDB.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
    Yeah, I think Fenton does the ones he does because they're produced by Alastair Fothergill, rather than because they're presented by Attenborough. Kingdom of Plants is for Sky rather than BBC. Douek also scored the Attenborough-presented Flying Monsters, also on Sky.
  7. Makes sense, plus Fenton is working on two scores, well maybe just one -- ther other he was hired for last year.

I still would have liked to hear his outerspace take.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    What two scores Fenton is working now?
  8. "Byzantium", and the one he was hired for last year that just got reported yesterday on FilmMusicReporter.com, "The Angels' Share".
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks!!!

It´s sure that Fenton is working in Byzantium? His score for "Interview with a vampire was rejected, and Jordan and Fenton didn´t work together later (Jordan choose Goldenthal and Marianelli for example). I hope Fenton can work again with Jordan. And I hope Fenton can work more in the future: His scores for Mary Reilly, The woodlanders, Anna and the king, In love and war, Dangerous beauty, In love and war and The crucible are masterpieces.
  9. That seems to be the word around. And who knows -- maybe Jordan feels bad, wants to give him another shot.

Film started shooting Spetember of last year, so it could be done shooting, going through editing. So he may be on it now.

I could check with somebody to be sure, but I was hoping an official announcement would have been made by now.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Seems like "Cristiada" has surfaced again... and hopefully James Horners score as well.

ARC Entertainment is planning to release the movie in selected US cinemas on 1 Juni 2012. It will no longer be titeled as "Cristiada" but as "For Greater Glory". Great news!

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118051260
  10. I didn't know that Fenton was scoring Byzantium! Awesome.
  11. "Baztan" (recorded)
    Angel Illaramendi
    Source: credits section of the orchestra who performed it.
  12. "Sucker" (don't watch the trailer -- warning)
    Alexander Janko *
    Source: none provided, but he is.

* = Replacing a score by one of the film's producers, somebody named Bruce Lee. IMDB still states him for "theme" music, and the old trailer with himn as the composer is still up at the film production's website.

Janko orchestrated on several of David Newman's score, including composing a few scores ,as well as the score for both or the (inferior) Brave Little Toaster sequels.

"Penthouse North"
    Mark Mancina
    Source: website of somebody who worked on it.
  13. What is Penthouse North?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  14. Don't know. Some film by director Joseph Ruben.
  15. Typical "alone woman harassed by a petty criminal" kind of story, from what I've seen slant
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  16. If I haven't reported it before:

"Margery Booth: Knicker Spy"
    John Scott
    Source: film production's website. So, that would be two news scores, with the last one I reported, coming out by Scott.

"He Who Said No (Doomsday)"
    "Down to Earth"
    (documentary)
    "Timeless Eye"
    Stephen Warbeck
    Source: agency website listing.
    3rd: film production website listing.
  17. "Escape From Tomorrow" (recorded)
    Abel Korzeniowski

"Eye of the Hurricane" (recorded)
    David Robbins

"Bless Me, Ultima" (recorded)
    "Gus"
    "Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day"

Mark Kilian

Source for all: agency website. Only listed select composers for this post.
  18. From the News section of Trevor Jones now re-designed website (about time):

Trevor will be conducting the National Radio Symphony Orchestra at the Onassis Centre in Athens, Greece on Saturday 30th June, 2012. They will be playing selections of his work, including 'Last of the Mohicans', 'Cliffhanger', 'Notting Hill', 'Arachnophobia' and 'The Dark Crystal'. Further details will follow.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012
    D? Stavi? Will you be attending???
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2012
    Damn, that should be a nice concert!!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  19. Happy to read, via FilmMusicReporter.com, that it's not John Powell, but rather Walter Murphy who is doing the score to "Ted" -- in fact, they report he's recording now.
  20. "Les saveurs du Palais" (recorded)
    Gabriel Yared
    Source: guy who worked on the score, resume credits.
  21. "Luck" (still shooting; director: Liviu Tipurita)
    George Kallis
    Source: News section of Kallis' website saying he was hired (this April).

Les Miserables"
    Gabriel Yared
    Source: none provided, but he is and has been on for a bit now.

As many of you likely know, in 1997, Yared had his score rejected for a film by the same name, with Basil Poledouris replacing. My 2004 interview with him has some description of the score for those curious.

Now, like some kind of cosmic fate possibly setting things rights in the scoring universe, Gabriel finds himself working on a film version of the musicial. I assume -- I haven't looked into it -- since it's listed as being a "musical", it'll be like a Disney animated film with some song numbers based on the stage version, and then dramatic film around it.

One can only guess at this point if he'll reuse any of his material from the 1997 rejected score. This is the only instance I know of like this. I can think of one in reverse, wherein Bernstein scored a "Ratrace", then had a score rejected for a film by the same name decades later.
  22. "La Estrella"
    Zacarías M. de la Riva
    Source: new interview with RunMovies.eu where he says it's his next film.