• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013
    We're still getting snow
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Another 8 inches of snow yesterday, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    From snow to sunny and 50 degrees today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2013
    While June has been a bit warmer, 70's we've had rain nearly everyday which is most unusual.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013
    Cloudy and 70 today.
    Tom
  1. sdtom wrote
    Cloudy and 70 today.
    Tom

So about 21 C. That's not too bad.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Certainly not compared to how friggin' HOT it is in Germany right now!
  3. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Certainly not compared to how friggin' HOT it is in Germany right now!

Especially in Berlin, I imagine. A few degrees more than here "im Sauerland" (Westphalia)
  4. It's awful. I spent the entire day in my parents' basement...for once...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    It's awful. I spent the entire day in my parents' basement...for once...

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We're really having a pretty mild summer so far. No complaints.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Had a great summer day yesterday, today it's been raining cats and dogs in Oslo. Flooded several roads.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2013
    Very freaky-deaky in Switzerland and Northern India.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSarah
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2013
    YAY rain YAY. Go England ;P
    "Class is having lunch with the homeless and dinner with the Queen."
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013
    Just when I said something we had a horrible thunderstorm that knocked out my power for 14 hours. The storm produced 3 inches of rain in two hours, yikes
    Tom smile
  5. Timmer wrote
    30c today shame <--hot

28 C here "im Sauerland" (Westphalia). I am at my parent's place. Little children in the neighborhood are playing in inflatable pools. People do BBQs. We BBQed some sausages, accompanied by potato salad. Strawberry shortcake for desert. That's life!

This morning I did a 2 hour stroll through the woods that border on the village. It was nice and cool and the sun played through the trees ... lovely sight.

For the first time in weeks I can really relax and enjoy the summer. Though school term will last another two weeks the marks are set and there isn't much more to be done.

Friday night was prom night. I bit the students from my "German Literature Andvanced" class good buye. I was at the same time the tutor of these students. They held such a nice speech, funny, serious, great. They said such nice things about me that I had to concentrade very hard on not crying. I have "built near the water" as they say in Germany.

So, the work is done, summer break is nigh, and I'm a good teacher! Time for a great score!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2013
    Bit warm and humid today at 90 degrees
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013
    It was 35c here in Bristol yesterday plus high humidity, I think it was just as well I spent all afternoon at a BBQ with friends followed by a night in the pub drinking beer and playing pool love
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2013
    We had 35C here too, for a week... and it's still a beginning of the summer dizzy It's getting a bit cooler since last night, though.

I hope we won't run out our electricity this year slant
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013
    Heat wave over here. At 13:00 it's 32C already.
    I have just closed the door because our living room is cool and I won't open it until 22:00 I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The last few days have been almost ideal with temp in the upper 70's and nice winds.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The last few days have been almost ideal with temp in the upper 70's and nice winds.
    Tom

Sounds lovely Tom, here it's BOILING!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's been great summer weather here too, but not above 30 C. A perfect summer temperature for a warmblooded viking.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor we know what is not too far off so I enjoy.
    Tom
  6. We're enjoying a cooler week for southern Nevada. Right now it's only 90F/32C. The high temperature this week will be 108F/42C, which is also not that bad. Earlier this month we were above 115F/46C. I can't figure out how anyone ever lived here before air conditioning was invented.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    We're enjoying a cooler week for southern Nevada. Right now it's only 90F/32C. The high temperature this week will be 108F/42C, which is also not that bad. Earlier this month we were above 115F/46C. I can't figure out how anyone ever lived here before air conditioning was invented.

That's insane!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013
    42C is not that bad? shocked
    What do you do when you are outside then? Just ... die?
    Kazoo
  7. It's 30C here in western Germany (as in all of western and central Europe currently) and it's muggy too. We expect thunderstorms this evening.

That's more than enough for me. Everything over 25C I find rather exhausting.

cocktail

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Me too. I like 18C to 25C the most.

By the way, we did not open the door at 22:00, it was 32C still very late in the evening. An extremely warm night this was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    An extremely warm night this was.

Warm, it was. And humid. Sweat, I did. Sleep well, I did not.
    But I still wildly prefer this kind of weather over the non-descript grey overcast sort-of-chill that encompasses The Netherlands roughly 90% of the year! punk cool cocktail

Time for more smoothies!
    (Just got me a new blender. Yummm!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn