• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Ataturk score was a find from my daily trawl of Amazon downloadable scores/soundtracks. It's quite a short score (20-25 minutes) but I came across 3-4 additional cues in a Seroka compilation. These additional tracks are titled differently from the score "CD" version - and they sound like re-recordings. I need to see if they are worth adding together. I'm working my way through the list and so I need to get back to you with some comments on the score itself when I reach it!

Britain From Above is a BBC documentary series that was shown last year (I think). There are several posts in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p … from+above
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009
    I ordered Bambi and American Beauty yesterday.

... weird combination.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    Philippe Sarde - Barocco
    Aldo di Marco - Sono Positivo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    Miya wrote

... weird combination.

Why would it be? Bambi IS an American beauty... wink
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    Bart van Lisdonk - Duska
    Mark Snow - The X-Files: Fight the Future
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009 edited
    Joep wrote

Why? Have you run out of coffee cup rugs?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Joep wrote

Why? Are you out of coffee cup rugs?

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I like the ominous and mysterious atmosphere, his use of synth and the fact that an orchestra was used.
  3. Joep wrote
    the fact that an orchestra was used.

voila, say no more
    I rest my case smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    The orchestra is a nice additional element to the palette of Snow music for the The X-Files, but I like his synth music for the series perhaps even more.
  4. Joep wrote
    The orchestra is a nice additional element to the palette of Snow music for the The X-Files, but I like his synth music for the series perhaps even more.

true, there are some amazing moments of score in the series (I know, I am re-watching them as we speak wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    keky wrote
    Miya wrote

... weird combination.

Why would it be? Bambi IS an American beauty... wink

That's true! smile I love the beautiful artwork of American forest. (Even if Bambi is originally German biggrin )
  5. Miya

That's it.

You GOTTA write some reviews about Disney and anime and animation scores stuff, and even the movies. Your knowledge is pretty breathtaking. Not to mention your English.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. Miya, I'd certainly value some reviews of CDs issued from your part of the world. A lot of what I have from Japan I'm not likely to see and I'm always looking out for new titles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes, we don't have much covering from Japan, or the East for that matter. I'd welcome that. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    Reviewing all Indian film scores ever released would take about 1 week, there are so few of them. tongue

Not to mention hard to find in stores. I still haven't been able to find that Sarkar Raj score I had mentioned previously!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As long as the reviewers are realistic and don't wet their pants with everything out there, i'd welcome it too.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    As long as the reviewers don't wet their pants with everything out there, i'd welcome it too.

smile I had an accident with Transformers, I must be true about that wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd have an accident with that too, if played loud enough wink
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    I'd have an accident with that too, if played loud enough wink

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Miya

That's it.

You GOTTA write some reviews about Disney and anime and animation scores stuff, and even the movies. Your knowledge is pretty breathtaking. Not to mention your English.

wow, thanks. smile I actually want to write something, sooner or later. About animation, Disney, film music... I'm going to write some random essays on my blog rather than reviews, but I also want to write proper reviews when possible.

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Miya, I'd certainly value some reviews of CDs issued from your part of the world. A lot of what I have from Japan I'm not likely to see and I'm always looking out for new titles.

Actually I'm not keeping up-to-date on Japanese scores... it's simply because most of recent Japanese movies don't attract my interest (especially sappy "boy meets girl but that girl will die soon blah blah" kind of stories) and I don't watch TV lately (Japanese score composers usually work for TV shows rather than films). Plus Japanese CDs are expensive even as secondhand copies (stupid price rules dizzy )

One good thing is, the rental store near my home has many Japanese soundtracks. I just rented one of them today biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Just bought Giacchino's Medal of Honor: Frontline. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    William wrote

Excellent choice! One of the best scores by Giacchino. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    William wrote

Excellent choice! One of the best scores by Giacchino. smile

So I've heard! smile I can't wait to listen through this one.
  9. For me it is his best one, period.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    For me it is his best one, period.

indeed, his ultimate MOH score
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    Hans Zimmer - As Good As It Gets
    Rob Dougan - Furious Angels (+ instrumental disc)
    Michael Nyman - A Zed and Two Noughts (I've lost the disc, so I had to buy another copy)
    Christian Meyer und Rudi Moser - Alaska.de
    The Magnificent Seven - The Best of the Worse (three Dutch musicians form a band that covers filmmusic themes). Two of them, Henny Vrienten and Fay Lovsky, also write original scores for films)

And I didn't buy Aleš Březina - Musíme Si Pomáhat. The price, 1,50 euro, was satisfying, but the shop owner was unable to find the disc in his storage space.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited
    Joep wrote
    The Magnificent Seven - The Best of the Worse (three Dutch musicians form a band that covers filmmusic themes)

I've been meaning to look into them.
    What's this album like, Joep?
    Is it a serious (re)interpretation, or a joke concept album?
    I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    They make enjoyable, swinging, addictive covers that are an awful lot of fun to listen to. You can't say the covers are serious interpretation, nor that they're laugable covers that sound bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cool!
    Sound like it's worth a listen.

Thanks Joep.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn