• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I dread to think how much it would cost to ship all my CDs over to SAE if I had ever taken "advantage" of their offer to buy peoples' collections. Would the money made cover the actual cost of the shipping?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I dread to think how much it would cost to ship all my CDs over to SAE if I had ever taken "advantage" of their offer to buy peoples' collections. Would the money made cover the actual cost of the shipping?

SAE offers about $2 or $3 per cd. You're better off selling it yourself if you can put in the time and effort.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ask about shipping, Alan. They might pick up the bill but then again your in europe so I'm not sure.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I still have this issue with people not responding to emails.
    Thomas
  2. sdtom wrote
    Ask about shipping, Alan. They might pick up the bill but then again your in europe so I'm not sure.
    Thomas

They mention in their "blurb" that they do not cover shipping from outside the US.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I dread to think how much it would cost to ship all my CDs over to SAE if I had ever taken "advantage" of their offer to buy peoples' collections. Would the money made cover the actual cost of the shipping?

SAE offers about $2 or $3 per cd. You're better off selling it yourself if you can put in the time and effort.

Even hard-to-find CDs?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I would think so...unless you have a Holy Grail everyone is waiting for.
    The mere fact that it's rare doesn't mean it's wanted or sellable. That's the problem. Like BhelPuri says: you're far better off vending them yourself on the fora and/or eBay. The drawback of course is the investment in time...

sdtom wrote
    I still have this issue with people not responding to emails.

Interesting: I have had this same conversation with my mother who was slightly miffed that people in general didn't respond to her mails right the very minute!
    She didn't realise -being senior, and having days pretty empty of any obligation or need- that mails she sends out to working people with families and hectic social lives get prioritised (just like any other type of mail or communication) and handled accordingly.

I certainly know *I* do: I handle mail with urgent or time-dependent content first, then the rest. It may be a few days before I respond to anything non-urgent. Or I save it up to the weekend when I'll have time to write a proper message rather than something like "Received. Understood. Regards. M."
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have a bunch of emails and personal messages still to answer...i've just came home to Thessaloniki from holidays and master's 2nd year, plus work and other stuff that i have to attend are slowly piling up so people have to be patient, like i am smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    patient, like i am smile

lol
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Screw you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Patience is a virtue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've proven a point with emails by sending one waiting a day or two then sending a second and then following up with snail mail and getting a response. I truly understand about email. What I do now is ask the person up front. Can we use email, telephone, or a letter?
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Patience is a virtue.

Just when I thought there was no more life had to teach me. I hope D paid close attention too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    I really can't wait to leave and get back to San Diego. Time to go home
  4. sdtom wrote
    I really can't wait to leave and get back to San Diego. Time to go home

I'm pleases that you are looking forward to getting back to San Diego. I'm sure I got no feel for what it's like to live there from the brief time I was in the city, but I could get used to the climate!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2010
    The climate was quite good and to reconnect with friends and people I've known for 35 years is a bonus indeed
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010
    Starting to go through the CD's and repack them yet again for my return to San Diego. This has been one incredibly expensive project. I'll never move them again once they get back to San Diego.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010
    A headache from last night's overimbibing of cachaça...ow.... :hammerhead:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of what now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    La Cucharacha?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010 edited
    Egad! shocked

Cachaça is a liquor made from fermented sugarcane.
    It is the most popular distilled alcoholic beverage in Brazil. It is also known as aguardente (aguardiente), pinga, caninha or other names. Cachaça is mostly produced in Brazil, where, according to 2007 figures, 1.5 billion liters (390 million gallons) are consumed annually, compared with 15 million liters (4.0 million gallons) outside the country.

It is typically between 38% and 54% alcohol by volume.

The major difference between cachaça and rum is that rum is usually made from molasses, a by-product from refineries that boil the cane juice to extract as much sugar crystals as possible. And cachaça is made from fresh sugarcane juice that's fermented and distilled.

Figures from 2003 indicate 1.3 billion liters of cachaça are produced each year though only 1% of this production is exported (mainly to Germany). Outside Brazil, cachaça is used almost exclusively as an ingredient in tropical drinks like caipirinha.
    ...except by me. I drink it straight (as well).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Between 38% & 54%....woah! That's a hell of a stiff drink.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah. But it's really good. lick cool drink :ow:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So I see! slant <--disaproving look

from me that's a bit like Mike Tyson tut tutting at two boxers hammering ten shades out of each other
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    time to go the doctor and have another earwax removal.
    thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    time to go the doctor and have another earwax removal.
    thomas smile

I use one of these: http://www.acupuncture-australia.com.au … rb-320.jpg

Much easier and less embarrassing to do it yourself I think.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    Except that -at least in The Netherlands- it is specifically advised against: don't do it yourself for danger of damage.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010
    I don't think a news article has ever annoyed me so much before. The reaction of the police made me yell at my computer. Poor guy.

Peter angry
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Lindsay Lohan , Paris Hilton and Justin Beber.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Lindsay Lohan , Paris Hilton and Justin Beber.

Is this your dream guest list? wink