• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's full of trolls. That's the problem.

Just a handfull. But they make a lot of noise.

Another reason I'm hesitant to leave is that I won't give these 'cretins' - as Tim aptly called them - the pleasure!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    What's annoying me currently.... let me see... apart from my throat (which by the way is a bit better) what really really really annoys me is being in a constant fighting mode with my boyfriend. It's one of these periods... As my handsome brother says: "Breathe and reboot baby girl, just breathe and reboot..."

Sorry to hear that. It's been ages since I was in a relationship, so the quarrels are faded memories. But I do remember kissing and making up again. Hopefully, that'll happen to you too. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Is it something physio can fix Alan?

I've no idea. I think it's still too early to go to the docs. I'll give it over the weekend to improve. If it is still like this then I'll seek help.

It may be nothing more than a trapped nerve ( painful though it is ) in which case physio will fix it. Let us know how things go.

Still suffering with this backache. I was at the doctor yesterday and she gave me some strong NSAIDs for the time being and I went for an X-ray. Results back in 7-10 days. After doing a bit more reading round I'm now favouring a herniated disc rather than a bruised coccyx. Hopefully, the X-ray will help to diagnose the problem or point to where to go next. If it is a herniated disc that can take anything up to 6 weeks to sort itself out.

I'm getting old - it's official.

Although the X-ray didn't show any bone or joint degeneration there's a bit of disc degeneration that's to be expected as a result of normal wear and tear. Doc just wants to get some bloods done as there's a bit of calcification showing up. She's not worried but wants to rule everything out.

I might start weaning myself off the NSAIDs so will move from 400mg to 200mg for the next couple of days and then come off them completely.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    )))))))))) biggrin ((((((((((

Some possitive vibes your way Alan.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Cheers, Tim.

Feeling quite upbeat about things. I'm glad my joints are not crumbling away to dust just yet.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011
    I just downloaded a soundtrack Cool Dog and there seems to be no support. I can't burn it to a CD nor listen to it on Windows Media. I thought MPEG4's were compatible????
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. sdtom wrote
    I just downloaded a soundtrack Cool Dog and there seems to be no support. I can't burn it to a CD nor listen to it on Windows Media. I thought MPEG4's were compatible????
    Thomas

mpeg4 you can play using quicktime
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or even better, more efficient (as it plays everything out there), hassle free and ... well, FRRE

Vlc media player http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/d … 8d8d52247/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Yes, the "Link" thread, where I had the GALLS to criticize the electronic noodlings of Our Holy God Almighty Jerry Goldsmith. Who, exactly, was I to forward such criticism?

I love those electronic noodlings! That said Jerry Goldsmith is a man not God, though a quite extraordinary man. Morricone on the other hand is the Almighty. <- this has been scientifically proven

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Or even better, more efficient (as it plays everything out there), hassle free and ... well, FRRE

Vlc media player http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/d … 8d8d52247/

Worked fine. Thanks D
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    Thor wrote
    Yes, the "Link" thread, where I had the GALLS to criticize the electronic noodlings of Our Holy God Almighty Jerry Goldsmith. Who, exactly, was I to forward such criticism?

I love those electronic noodlings! That said Jerry Goldsmith is a man not God, though a quite extraordinary man. Morricone on the other hand is the Almighty. <- this has been scientifically proven

Peter punk

Morricone is a genius - the only film composer for whom I use that word. Goldsmith came close, but there's just a bit too much of an impression of him being motivated by money rather than artistic greatness after the mid-80s (can't really explain him scoring a film like Link otherwise).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011
    I agree with you James though I would say that many composers ( not much now ) have had moments of genius.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And then we have Korngold and Rozsa if you want to talk about true genius
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    When I say Morricone is the only one I'd label as a genius, it's because (for me) there's just a certain something there which I think goes beyond having exceptional technique. To sit down at a desk, with a piece of manuscript paper, and a few hours later emerge with "The Ecstasy of Gold" or "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" - it blows my mind that a man could do that. With the other truly great film composers - like Korngold and Rozsa, for sure, and Goldsmith and Williams and the rest - it's all about exceptional technique, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Southall wrote
    When I say Morricone is the only one I'd label as a genius, it's because (for me) there's just a certain something there which I think goes beyond having exceptional technique. To sit down at a desk, with a piece of manuscript paper, and a few hours later emerge with "The Ecstasy of Gold" or "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" - it blows my mind that a man could do that. With the other truly great film composers - like Korngold and Rozsa, for sure, and Goldsmith and Williams and the rest - it's all about exceptional technique, I think.

More than technique with Rozsa!!! His themes are incredible and then how he is able to develop them.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Rozsa was a special composer indeed, a true giant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2011
    He certainly was
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2011 edited
    Southall wrote

QFT

Most composers compose by the piano, so that he can just sit at a desk and write out the entire thing is very impressive. He's also famous for coming up with great themes in minutes. It's all too easy for the guy.

I worship Rozsa, Williams and Goldsmith too, but Morricone is the only genius in my mind.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011
    Morricone is THE maestro!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    Morricone is THE maestro!

For film music perhaps but as an all around composer no. I would take Rozsa and Vaughan Williams in a heartbeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2011 edited
    Southall wrote

Well said! beer
  3. Today everything is annoying me!

But in particular, I need to go out in a couple of hours and checking the car was starting okay (it's been off the road for several weeks) and I've found that the brakes have rusted up. The car just won't shift at all.

crazy

No one is answering phone calls/texts when I'm trying to sort something out.

F**K!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2011
    have had those kind of days too Alan. My leg is giving me a lot of discomfort. A word of caution to all of you. When you get older one of the more important things to avoid if possible is falling.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    have had those kind of days too Alan. My leg is giving me a lot of discomfort. A word of caution to all of you. When you get older one of the more important things to avoid if possible is falling.
    Thomas

I find that falling is to be avoided at any time of life wink Unless you're a paratrooper or a clown.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Today everything is annoying me!

But in particular, I need to go out in a couple of hours and checking the car was starting okay (it's been off the road for several weeks) and I've found that the brakes have rusted up. The car just won't shift at all.

crazy

No one is answering phone calls/texts when I'm trying to sort something out.

F**K!

Maybe you'd feel better if you went all Basil Fawlty on it and gave it a DAMN GOOD THRASHING!

Just a thought old chap smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  4. lol

This always makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Does anyone know of a place to watch ALL the series streaming online? There's such places for instance, for family guy, cleveland show, american dad, south park, big bang theory etc.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.