• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011
    Like I said I apologize for my behavior.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. The thermostat in our oven packed up today I think. Switched it on this afternoon to about 200°C and the temperature just rose and rose. Goodness knows how hot it got by the time we noticed and switched it off!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011 edited
    The fact we can't see who's online anymore. I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown because of this. explode

It was my no. 1 reason for visiting this place. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I was surprised you commented - I didn't even know you were here!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011
    I can see who is online. I think it is a choice in your settings
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011 edited
    Yahooo , we're all invisible ! Catch me if you can ! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011
    Caught you! devil

oh, 5 hours too late

:coat:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sorry guys. I have to agree, it takes away a lot of the group feeling!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Feeling shmeeling. I just want to know when Stavi is online! angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    "Bring it back , bring it back to where it once belonged !" *sung in Beatles mode* biggrin
  3. Bregt wrote
    Sorry guys. I have to agree, it takes away a lot of the group feeling!

Bregt admits he did something wrong.

omg

Quick guys take a screenshot of that post. But do it when he's off-line. Oh... wait... Darn it!!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Surely the All-Father hath not stripped him of his godly powers?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011
    Today I went to hear special effects wizard Douglas Trumbull speak about his effects work on 2001: A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Blade Runner. Very informative presentation from a true genius and master of his craft! He's been like an idol to me since I was a young teen.
    Anyway, at the end of his presentation I went forward with many others to get an autograph and to simply thank him for all he's done for the movie industry etc when we were suddenly told to leave because he was about to be interviewed by TV media. He looked upset for us too. So, close. Damn!
    But it sure was a great talk. He has great plans for future cinema and true 3D that would blow our minds!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011
    Well , are we getting the 'see who's online' thingy back ?
    I miss it ! It's kinda fun to see who's online the moment that you're logged in yourself .
    I'm feeling all alone now ... cry biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Atham wrote
    Today I went to hear special effects wizard Douglas Trumbull speak about his effects work on 2001: A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Blade Runner. Very informative presentation from a true genius and master of his craft! He's been like an idol to me since I was a young teen.
    Anyway, at the end of his presentation I went forward with many others to get an autograph and to simply thank him for all he's done for the movie industry etc when we were suddenly told to leave because he was about to be interviewed by TV media. He looked upset for us too. So, close. Damn!
    But it sure was a great talk. He has great plans for future cinema and true 3D that would blow our minds!

Wow , that's so cool ! Wish I could've been there ! One of my all time favourite SF films is Silent Running which Mr. Trumbull directed . A real bummer you didn't get to talk to him and get his autograph though ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Sure was! Silent Running is an old fave of mine too. He talked a bit about it. And showed some behind the scenes footage of the production. The whole 2.5 hours was awesome! So glad I got in!
    I'm still annoyed about being pushed away (along with others) at the end for the sake of the media!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    I'll put my vote in for Silent Running too, very good film.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011 edited
    The winner of "Best Score" is annoying me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011
    Because of my photography yesterday my leg kept me awake all night. Yet again I overdid it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    have to go to the hospital to have my leg looked at
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Can you not see it yourself Tom?

seriously, hope all goes fine for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011
    I got horrible news from the doctor. What I thought was a golden opportunity for me with the Bioness unit
    http://www.bioness.com/NESS_L300_for_Foot_Drop.php
    may or may not happen. I've been walking wrong for too long. When I lift my leg today it swings in a small circle and the ankle turns the foot inward to the right. Hard to explain. I'm going to have to wear a special brace for 30 weeks and hopefully this will correct the problem so I can then be a test for the bioness 300. A lot of questions were answered for me Tuesday and Wednesday most of them negative.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Damn Tom. Luck is not on your site regarding your leg. sad

I don't really understand the problem, but it doesn't sound comfortable. What's the rate of success? How will this affect your walking?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    If I showed you how I walk and you watched the lower part of my left leg you'd see. When a normal person takes a step he lifts up his foot and pushes it forward past his other foot in a straight line steps on it and repeats with the other leg. My left leg can't go past the right one and instead of coming forward in a straight line it hooks to the right. The idea of the brace is to eliminate that hook and if it is successful then I can become a candidate for the unit. The bad news is the success rate is less than half with the brace but the good news is this is all for free probably another $100,000 (obscene amount) in therapy.
    Thomas
  4. From your description it sounds the same was as how actor John Thaw used to walk on Inspector Morse after his stroke.

At least you have a course of action you can follow to try and resolve your current issues. Try and look at it in a positive way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    From your description it sounds the same was as how actor John Thaw used to walk on Inspector Morse after his stroke.

At least you have a course of action you can follow to try and resolve your current issues. Try and look at it in a positive way.

that i am doing
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    had my truck broken into and my registration was stolen along with personal belongings and the battery.
  5. sdtom wrote
    had my truck broken into and my registration was stolen along with personal belongings and the battery.

Sorry to hear this Tom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2011
    sdtom wrote

Unfortunately no one is exempt from scum bags. Sorry to hear that Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2011
    My Aztec baseball team has gotten off to a rather poor start this year. However, the majority of our games have been against top 25 ranked teams so I think we'll be well seasoned for conference play later in the month.
    Tom