• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

Superb! One of my favourite Desplat scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    As for Demetris, if we were in a bar I would have decked you by now. -

angry Violence, however virtual, will NOT be condoned on these kindly, peaceful boards.
    kill explode

Oh...wait... shame

wink
    I'm getting some flashbacks here from early-day ScoreReviews days with some very nice, very knowledgeable, but quite fanatical members, who simply had to leave or their hearts might explode from sheer involvement. I agree with Alan: if you find the virtual world to absorb you to the detriment or exclusion of the real one, maybe it's indeed a good idea to take a little step back.

But don't let me catch you posting on FSM, Intrada or the other ones behind our backs, or there'l be hell to pay! kill explode
    Oh dammit, no, wait.... :peace: love :hippy:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    CINEMA SYMPHONY - ANDREW PEARCE

If anything, I value your opinion more than anyone else's.

is that so? then ask him if he wants to be your brother instead moon

Oops looks like I fucked up there. shame

But ya know what I meant huh? wave
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Erik Woods wrote

I'll still be monitoring the forum from time to time and who know I might be back next week but right now I really need to take a break and get back to more important things like my family, work and my radio show.

-Erik-

We'll see ya when you get back here. Take all the time you need... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !!!!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    CINEMA SYMPHONY - ANDREW PEARCE

If anything, I value your opinion more than anyone else's.

is that so? then ask him if he wants to be your brother instead moon

Oops looks like I fucked up there. shame

But ya know what I meant huh? wave

no worries wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. I was wondering where Steven went...It's not the same without his glowing about Williams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

I'm in the mood for a great score!

cool
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011 edited
    The Monster Squad - Bruce Broughton

Not a great piece of work. That one theme for the little girl is wonderful to hear and contrasts the rest of the score. Overall, it's an over the top, pleasant horror score. Decent movie too.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Homeward Bound - Bruce Broughton

One of his best, I think. A delight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm becoming way to obsessed with this all...

Happened to me last year. Can certainly relate to it. I was just getting too involved in it all, found myself lying in bed at night wondering how I should respond to something Pawel wrote about Hans Zimmer... and realised I was taking it all far too seriously. So I left for a few months, came back and it was all just great fun over again!

See you round here soon, I hope...
  5. Sorry for that, James!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Yeah...well...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    As for Demetris, if we were in a bar I would have decked you by now. I respect you pal but some times you need a solid kick in the ass. This has absolutely nothing to do with you and I'm disappointed that you made this about you!
    -Erik-

confused if we're not supposed to express our personal feelings or develop attachments or be disappointed when those we have developed attachments to leave for inexplicable reasons, why are we even here?

If all we wanted to do was post comments about scores we could all just post our thoughts as addendums to Clemmensen's reviews or something. There's a reason the logo says "community" rather than "reviews"

Erik I've never been in a fight in my life but if we were all in the same bar I'd be very tempted to deck you back for saying that about Demetris just because he dared to express his completely understandable and human sentiments.

But I wish you wouldn't leave too, maybe you could just spend a little less time here, but you know better than anyone how much time you have and I'm sure its a lot less than I have given your family. I just know I was tempted to leave back when I was having my snobby temper tantrums about sound quality issues and "nobody understood how frustrating it was" but in retrospect I definitely would have regretted it.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Erik I've never been in a fight in my life but if we were all in the same bar I'd be very tempted to deck you back for saying that about Demetris just because he dared to express his completely understandable and human sentiments.

I don't care who they are but if someone start throwing out insults the way Demetris did yesteday in my direction I'm going to knock him the fuck out!

Sayonara ladies!

:whip:

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Apparently he edited out the insults 'cause I sure don't see any....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  6. Scribe wrote

If we were all in the same bar, my question to you all is... what would be NOW PLAYING. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Apparently he edited out the insults 'cause I sure don't see any....

Demetris wrote
    but that's entirely different from departing 'because nobody understands you anymore', you know, departing emo ways. Yeah, i am harsh but i hate it when it happens.

I can't guarantee i'll be here forever, but if i ever leave it won't be because i suddenly turned emo.

Say that to my face and I'll crack ya one!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. I think he was talking about another departure, rather than you. (ie steven)

I'm not really sure what all this is about though, so I'll just get out of here.... tiptoe....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Scribe wrote

If we were all in the same bar, my question to you all is... what would be NOW PLAYING. wink

In your neck of the woods? Kylie probably!? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Yes. Over your unconscious-but-breathing body. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...if only lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    OK, if everyone have taken their medication, let me make one point unequivocally clear:
    In this forum there will be no threatening actual physical violence. However justified anyone feels, or whatever the particular mores in one's neck of the woods are.
    I know it's not too serious (at least I fucking hope not...), but the very idea leaves an incredibly unpleasant aftertaste.

Cartoon violence and World War III stuff is fully permitted (and indeed endorsed), but there will be no 'decking' or even talk of the same. If anything annoys or irritates, we are grown up enough to deal with it without suggestions of violence. Save that for the bar.

Again: I know/hope it's not too serious, but this is just a notice that I won't let it escalate.
    I've come to know all here as kind, generous and mostly civilised people.
    I think the majority here would prefer to continue in that fashion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    All I'm suggesting is that if the emo comment was said to me in a "bar," as Demetris put it, things wouldn't have turned out so pretty. I'm not here to threaten anyone I just don't like being insulted for wanting to take some time off.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote
    All I'm suggesting is that if the emo comment was said to me in a "bar," as Demetris put it, things wouldn't have turned out so pretty. I'm not here to threaten anyone I just don't like being insulted for wanting to take some time off.

-Erik-

That is fine. I don't agree with the majority on How to Train Your Dragon (among some other scores), but its fine. I'm not going to force my opinion on others, they're entitled to their own and vice versa. I like the score BTW, it's just not mind-blowing for me. However, even on the Internet, people should show some civility -- be passionate about your opinion, but respect others.

And back to the discussion:

Alien - Jerry Goldsmith

One of Goldsmith's finest yet creepiest scores. And yet, it's very musical and classy with all the atonal conches and didjendus in force. A lot of good stuff was cut out, but movie-wise, it's a wise decision. The complete release is a bit much in one setting, but it's worth it.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Dear Erik, sorry to see my comment was taken completely wrong and harshly by you; it wasn't meant to be taken this way at any point. One thing is that i kinda expected it not to be received like that, since you're someone who similarly directed other mt members in other similar situations not to take things so seriously, or man-up or this is the nature of the board, etc etc. Another thing - where it's only my fault, is that I should have made even clearer (although did mention it twice, but you seem to overpassed that point?) that it was certainly more focused on Steven's departure which disappointed me personally. He's someone that i didn't want to see leaving from mt, he was a very frequent member and a huge enjoyment to deal and debate with, personally speaking always. This also applies to you.

What you also fail to understand is that i reply 'cause i care, about Steven and you, or everyone else here. If i didn't, or was a self-centered prick, i wouldn't give a fuck. At times like this, i really wish i was that bastard in life, it would make things so much easier wink

Your decision is wholeheartedly respected but you can't really expect me not to express myself; i know i am not the greatest when it comes to passing along some points in a bit in-direct, more gentle or sugar-coated way, but i truly want to believe that you specifically - above everyone else, know that all come from good intentions, and because i care.

In any way, i sincerely apologize for the emotional burst. Please accept this and also understand it was no way a personal insult-centered post. There's also a very different culture involved, as Martijn very rightfully so notes from time to time, and this makes things a bit difficult to pass along via a forum some times. I am sorry to hear your decision and i truly hope it gets reversed really soon. As for the bar air-punching, don't be so sure 'cause believe me it wouldn't be an easy-ride for you dear Mister wink

Cheers, i'm off
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Citizen Kane: The Classic Film Scores of Bernard Herrmann - Charles Gerhardt

Magnificent collection.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks Martijn. I hope we'll all be in the same bar once, drinking Belgian beers (or wine, whisky, port and other relatives of milk), with Erik leading in the Chimay department. So no fighting, only joking, pooking and laughing. Timmer would be the DJ, throwing the funk at us, together with D's cat singing lulz!

PAN TADEUSZ | wojciecha kilar (chicka? biggrin )

The main theme in Swiatynia Dumania is gorgeous. It sounds a bit like an adagio, but then I was realising I don't really know what the definition of an adagio is. So while I think it may be that, I will conclude that it is stunning, throughout the score. It's mixed with more upbeat music and marching music. Odd combination. dizzy
    Kazoo
  9. Bregt wrote
    PAN TADEUSZ | wojciecha kilar (chicka? biggrin )

The main theme in Swiatynia Dumania is gorgeous.

When I heard Kilar was a potential scorer for LORD OF THE RINGS, I imagined a score featuring pieces like that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Gone With The Wind - Max Steiner

It doesn't get much more Golden Age than this! What a theme - one of the greats.