• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    biggrin applause

....and yes Thomas, I really must make it to Ghent, next year?

you're welcome anytime beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote
    OK, St. Baafs it is. Two nights. Yoohoo!! cheesy
    Seeing all these photos of the city again makes me look forward to it very much!!
    I really love Ghent. Beautiful city.

punk

When do you arrive in Ghent Bregje? Thomas, Jordi, Marcel and I might visit a brewery in the afternoon and at 5PM Gabriel Yared presents a compilation in the For the Record series. So we'll be doing that. After that, Thor and Bob will arrive, and also Stefan should be around by then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011 edited
    I sent out an e-mail to all of you who'll be in Ghent. Check it out!

Two weeks to go. punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2011
    Cool shedule, anything score, food and drink related I'm there wink

I'm going to take pictures and film when possible, counting the days!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2011
    Excellent e-mail Bregt. Very clear and organized. It's nice there are people like you who stick it all together smoothly.
    smile

We will arrive on friday but later in the evening. Will let you know in time if we will meet up then or on saturday morning.

So, is it sure yet that we can all go in to the meet & greet?? That would be great!

I'm interested in the rest of the programme (not sure yet about the after party thing?) so I will discuss it and let you know.
  2. I'm down for the whole show, starting Thursday evening around 5 to 6 PM (if work allows it)

Excellent programma Bregt! What would we do without you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nice program! But no events on Sunday. Does that mean I will be alone then? cry
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Nice program! But no events on Sunday. Does that mean I will be alone then? cry

of course not! Sunday is Ghent day, meaning we'll all be strolling through Ghent, like we did last year wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Woops! I did sent out something to Jordi and Marcel, because they stay a whole week. Feel free to join the other days.

On Sunday the idea is to visit the Castle of Ooidonk and its beautiful countryside.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Woops! I did sent out something to Jordi and Marcel, because they stay a whole week. Feel free to join the other days.

On Sunday the idea is to visit the Castle of Ooidonk and its beautiful countryside.

Awesome. This time I won't be hung over either, so that sounds fine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011
    Ok guys. I just informed brewery Huyge about a tour. The only possibility is on Friday evening, 5:30PM. It takes 2 hours, one hour in the brewery and one hour of tasting and degustation. It's not in English because we join an other group.

Is this okay for people? It's close to Ghent. We should be back by 8PM.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can't they by-pass the tour and get straight to the tasting biggrin lick dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    10 days!
  4. Timmer wrote
    Can't they by-pass the tour and get straight to the tasting biggrin lick dizzy

either way, we will be tasting even after we have left the brewery beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    We won't make it for the brewery, we'll arrive later on...

Not sure though if I want to meet you all when you return from the brewery on friday evening.
    I don't want to introduce myself again on saturday morning.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Can't make it for the brewery either, as much as I would love to go.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No worries. I have an alternative on Sunday. You'll like it! See my e-mail.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011
    I will only be in Ghent on Saturday, won't be joining the Brewery tour, tempting as is wink
  5. We arrive late afternoon, early evening, so we are not sure we can make it to the brewery. So sorry we do not come. But let me know which cafe you will be in Ghent in the evening, we sure will be there. I will take my SST friends with me who are there on friday.
    That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you. (Andy Dufresne)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2011
    Is "Maestros of Suspense" going to be broadcast somewhere on radio or TV?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    It was an excellent concert. Maestros of Suspense: Bernard Herrmann and Franz Waxmann. The former I'm most familiar with. On Dangerous Ground was new for me, and utterly fantastic! The obvious Psycho selection was cool, because I was on the first row and could see the violins working out hard! It occured to me that I somehow always thought Herrmann's music was rather small and less symphonic, but then there's Vertigo and my favourite North By Northwest, and then I realize that I don't know why I think that. Waxman's selections were good, with Sunset Boulevard and Bride of Frankenstein as highlights. Rebecca was not really my cup of tea though, but I generally need more listens to appreciate his music.

They also performed Twisted Nerve. For the whistling they invited the world champion art whistling (a Dutch guy!). It was surreal but lots of fun. biggrin

Another great performance by Dirk Brossé and the National Orchestra of Belgium. I'm looking forward to the World Soundtrack Awards next week.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011 edited
    Bregt wrote
    They also performed Twisted Nerve. For the whistling they invited the world champion art whistling (a Dutch guy!). It was surreal but lots of fun. biggrin

Cool! cheesy Merrigold!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    It was an excellent concert. Maestros of Suspense: Bernard Herrmann and Franz Waxmann. The former I'm most familiar with. On Dangerous Ground was new for me, and utterly fantastic! The obvious Psycho selection was cool, because I was on the first row and could see the violins working out hard! It occured to me that I somehow always thought Herrmann's music was rather small and less symphonic, but then there's Vertigo and my favourite North By Northwest, and then I realize that I don't know why I think that. Waxman's selections were good, with Sunset Boulevard and Bride of Frankenstein as highlights. Rebecca was not really my cup of tea though, but I generally need more listens to appreciate his music.

Another great performance by Dirk Brossé and the National Orchestra of Belgium. I'm looking forward to the World Soundtrack Awards next week.

Thanks for the report. Waxman is my favourite Golden Age composer, so I wish I could have been there!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Thanks Bregt, now I'm even more depressed I couldn't attend! Does it say in the programme booklet of the concert if it's going to be broadcast somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt sounds great! Did they play North by Northwest? How did they pull it off? It's notoriously difficult!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    fommes wrote
    Thanks Bregt, now I'm even more depressed I couldn't attend! Does it say in the programme booklet of the concert if it's going to be broadcast somewhere?

I was really last minute! Arrived 20 minutes before start and was able to buy a last minute ticket, a 30EUR seat for 20EUR. Excellent spot. In the intermission I switched and took a seat on the front row to see the strings play Psycho. smile

The booklet doesn't say anything about a broadcast though.

BobdH wrote
    Bregt sounds great! Did they play North by Northwest? How did they pull it off? It's notoriously difficult!

It was the last piece, because the supsense theme is quite fun. Herrmann's selection is quite a lot of work for percussionists, but they pulled it off really well. I'm obviously no professional, but I didn't hear any parts where I was thinking 'this is oddly played'.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Sounds great! Good for you to get a cheap ticket as well smile
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    Hi,

Someone recorded the concert of the last year (in the World Soundtrack Awards with music of Badalamenti, Yared, Shore, Goldenthal, Santaolalla and others) in the TV?

I´ll be in Ghent the saturday in the Marriott Hotel. Could I get these concert in DVD?

Besides, Someone knows the tracklisting of the upcoming CD dedicated to gabriel Yared in "For the record" series?

Thanks a lot
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hi kilar

It was recorded and broadcasted on tv last year. I'm sure some people have recorded this. No official release of this though.

I don't know the exact tracklisting of the Yared cd, but here are the titles that are featured:
    La Lune Dans le Carniveau, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Possession, Camille Claudel, The English Patient, 37°2 Le Matin, L’Arche et les Déluges, Wings of Courage, Bon Voyage, L’Amant and La Romana.

Don't forget the other cd's in this series:
    - Mychael Danna
    - Craig Armstrong
    - Angelo Badalamenti
    - Shigeru Umebayashi

I would recommend you also get the Angelo Badalamenti one, it's the best of the series (2CD's) and with a great selection.

You can buy the cd's at various places in Ghent.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks a lot Bregt,

I hope that someone had recorded the concert.

I have the cds dedicated to Armstrong, Badalamenti and Umebayashi. The CD of Badamenti is wonderful!!!. It´s good the cd dedicated to Danna? I think I´ll buy this year.