• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009 edited
    nice to see Opus dei theme back punk

Angels and demon is like the action version of The da Vinci Code. I'm surprised with so electronic percuson on it...for good.

And I can't wait to hear the new arrengement with bells and amore positive feeling of Sangreal's theme in "elected by adoration".

I could be good, very, very good....

I'm surprised because seems there is one chance that Angels and Demons could be better than The Da Vinci, until now I thought was not possible. I hope so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009 edited
    Thomas wrote
    New audio clips at Exlibris.ch

-> http://www.exlibris.ch/musik.aspx?statu … p;t_na=pho

punk

Wow, I'm really surprised of the turn Zimmer did with angels and demons. More electronic meets chorus.

It seems a really fresh combination,less dense score than Da Vinci Code.

I'm specially happy to listen "first Born" influences in 160 bpm. Pure Zimmer music.

shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3YWHHinicw

Zimmer interview in Italy premiere.

What I said: Electronics (sciencie) and chorus (religion)

For more that I love Da VInci Code, I can't be more happy to see Zimmer back into electronic meets chorus and orchestra. and go to a new territory here.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    Thomas wrote
    New audio clips at Exlibris.ch

-> http://www.exlibris.ch/musik.aspx?statu … p;t_na=pho

punk

All those samples leave me completely underwhelmed. Sounds like they are taken from the trailer music library. Oh, well let's wait for the offical release and the reviews.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I can't be more exhited with Angels and Demons.

Listening the clips I hear a highly inspired arrengements of the original themes, a better use of electronic music (I love the electronic version of TDVC action motif in "Black Smoke" ), a less dense and overdramatic score and some wild earlier zimmer chorus composition.

All the people knows I think Da Vinci Code is my favourite zimmer score ever, and I didn' want to put very much expectations in a&d but now....now.... WOW!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

Listening the clips I hear a highly inspired arrengements of the original themes, a better use of electronic music (I love the electronic version of TDVC action motif in "Black Smoke" ), a less dense and overdramatic score and some wild earlier zimmer chorus composition.

All the people knows I think Da Vinci Code is my favourite zimmer score ever, and I didn' want to put very much expectations in a&d but now....now.... WOW!

Don´t worry, as I´m sure you have already preordered the cd, next week you´ll have it in your mail.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Don´t worry, as I´m sure you have already preordered the cd, next week you´ll have it in your mail.

yeap! I hope it arrives so quick as Star Trek did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

yeap! I hope it arrives so quick as Star Trek did.

biggrin

Touché.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Zimmer worked with a much smaller Team on Angels&Demons than he did on The DaVinci Code.
    All the Chorus stuff is electronic, as a matter of fact.
    More to come soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There's nothing to set the pulse racing quite like a synthesised choir, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BasilB wrote
    Zimmer worked with a much smaller Team on Angels&Demons than he did on The DaVinci Code.
    More to come soon.

Really? Such a high profile film and they didn´t hire a real choir?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    He didn't want to work with a real choir.
    He much more wanted to focus on virtuoso sections and the work with "weird" meters. So most of the score he did with electronic programming.
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    Marselus wrote
    BasilB wrote
    More to come soon.

Really? Such a high profile film and they didn´t hire a real choir?

Bad economy biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    How did he get a synth choir to chant words so realistically?!

I could've sworn the choir in the Fire track was live. Man, technology is advancing a bit too fast... dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote

I could've sworn the choir in the Fire track was live. Man, technology is advancing a bit too fast... dizzy

Eastwest Voices Of Passions
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Eastwest Voices Of Passions

I bet that would take a long time to illegally download from Rapidshare.
    Wait.
    I mean to say I bet that would be expensive to legally buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    lol

They take up an awful amount of space too. I've got East West Quantum Leap orchestra Silver and it's taking up about 3 or 4 GBs itself, and not too many instruments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    lol

They take up an awful amount of space too. I've got East West Quantum Leap orchestra Silver and it's taking up about 3 or 4 GBs itself, and not too many instruments.

Yeah; but Eastwest products RULE.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Absolutely!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    There's nothing to set the pulse racing quite like a synthesised choir, eh?

applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    For what I can read and listening in the clips, ZImmer did all the oposite with this score to what he did in Pirates of Caribbean. He passed from subtile, refinate and orchestral to loud, electronic and experimental.

I can see the "bruckheimer" version of The Da Vinci Code. And While it could be considered bad, or very bad, I'm sure some of us will laught a lot listening it.

I love this guy, I simply love Zimmer madness.

I'm just guessing. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Finally got around to listen to the clips today since Boeing can be a bitch sometime. The first track definitely reaches back to that First Born idea. IMO, synthesizer choir chanting latin text works as a subtle thematic device of crossing religion and science.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lp wrote
    synthesizer choir chanting latin text works as a subtle thematic device of crossing religion and science.

OR, and I might be going out on a limb here, it may just be cheaper than an actual choir.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    lp wrote
    IMO, synthesizer choir chanting latin text works as a subtle thematic device of crossing religion and science.

So THAT's why Zimmer has been using synthesizers all this time. He outsmarted us all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    From what I just saw this one has gone leaky leaky too, and is going to surface soon. Let's hear for ourselves! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Nautilus wrote
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3YWHHinicw

Zimmer interview in Italy premiere.

This fragment totally cracked me up. You gotta love those crazy Italians!
  1. This probably isn't the best version of the theme to reference, but I could help but notice a bit of similarity between one of the choral themes in the clips and...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zGlRFg … re=related
    Not that similar, but enough to remind me of another man on a mission for the Vatican. wink

Edit - this was the clip: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 … amp;sr=1-1
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Are you angel or demon???? What you say, people? wink