• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    This for all posts concerning Zimmer's score.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    YIKES! shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Let's try it, we did it with Quantum of Solace!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Good work.
    Could work.
    Wood burk.
    Ehm...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    YIKES! shocked

I'm sure you don't want 192 new pages in the Hans Zimmer topic about this score, before it has even been released. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Well, this way the Angels and Demons posts won't have to compete with the hundreds of posts expected for Madagascar 2.
  3. I don´t think there is THAT much to discuss (but YAY on the extra topic!). With The Dark Knight, it was obvious that we would reopen the can of worms that was Batman Begins, but I think DaVince Code is much less debatable, because most people would agree on its quality, so I guess the real discussion will not start before Angels & Demons becomes available.
  4. Yeah, still any info given here will be valuable, I think.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. Of course. Looking forward to it. Let it come!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote
    YIKES! shocked

I'm sure you don't want 192 new pages in the Hans Zimmer topic about this score, before it has even been released. wink

dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. The Trailer looks good, and the music in it, just like The Da Vinci Code, so it sounds really good biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I don´t think there is THAT much to discuss (but YAY on the extra topic!). With The Dark Knight, it was obvious that we would reopen the can of worms that was Batman Begins, but I think DaVince Code is much less debatable, because most people would agree on its quality, so I guess the real discussion will not start before Angels & Demons becomes available.

I think you underestimate the power of the Zimmer fans here.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Oh, don´t forget I´m one of them. It´s just that most stuff about DVC has been said already, and there is no real debate about it that would spring up now and then, like it did with BB. Of course we´ll discuss a bit and have anticipation run high the closer we get to the release, but I doubt it will get as crazy as TDK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I don´t think there is THAT much to discuss (but YAY on the extra topic!). With The Dark Knight, it was obvious that we would reopen the can of worms that was Batman Begins, but I think DaVince Code is much less debatable, because most people would agree on its quality, so I guess the real discussion will not start before Angels & Demons becomes available.

I think you underestimate the power of the Zimmer fans here.

I think Zimmer fans would only chime in whenever haters open their mouth and spew their BS.
  8. I´m perfectly able to chime in on any kind of comment, BS or not. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Oh, don´t forget I´m one of them. It´s just that most stuff about DVC has been said already, and there is no real debate about it that would spring up now and then, like it did with BB. Of course we´ll discuss a bit and have anticipation run high the closer we get to the release, but I doubt it will get as crazy as TDK.

I'm a huge Zimmer fan too. At least I thought so before I joined this place. My "fandom" seems to be a mere drop in the ocean now compared to the superfans here. That said, I'm sure you could say "Zimmer wears blue pants" and that would still create a thread with several hundred replies. smile
    I am extremely serious.
  9. How dare you mention Zimmer's pants!! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    LOL! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    I doubt I'll stick around in this thread because the BS from the Zimmer-worshippers will once again become unbearable but I for one am looking forward to hearing Angels and Demons. The first one was ludicrous in the film, making a bad film even worse, but it made for a highly-entertaining album and if we get that from this too then I'll be happy, since I won't be seeing the film under any circumstances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

lp wrote
    I think Zimmer fans would only chime in whenever haters open their mouth and spew their BS.

rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I doubt I'll stick around in this thread because the BS from the Zimmer-worshippers will once again become unbearable but I for one am looking forward to hearing Angels and Demons. The first one was ludicrous in the film, making a bad film even worse, but it made for a highly-entertaining album and if we get that from this too then I'll be happy, since I won't be seeing the film under any circumstances.

Well said and I agree....except I'll probably sucker myself into seeing the film ( on dvd )
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I´m perfectly able to chime in on any kind of comment, BS or not. smile

Of course, as will I, like right now.... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin

lp wrote

rolleyes

crazy
  10. Southall wrote
    The first one was ludicrous in the film, making a bad film even worse, but it made for a highly-entertaining album and if we get that from this too then I'll be happy, since I won't be seeing the film under any circumstances.

Good for you then. For me, it was the score that actually gave the film its soul. If Zimmer hadn´t gone the full scale sacral road, it would have collapsed upon itself, but with the score he wrote, the movie actually worked fantastic for me. I read Angels & Demons beforehand, but not DVC itself, so I knew what kind of story I was getting into, and I think that´s why it worked so well for me. Really, I loved the movie; its atmosphere, the way it takes its time to tell the story, the actors, everything, and the finale with Chevalier dS made me shiver with excitement. Again, I know I´m easy to impress; I look for things I like, not the other way around.
    A lot of it may come from the german version. I love Tom Hank´s german voice, which is spectacularly suited to long and dramatic monologue, pseudo-scientific or not.
  11. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I look for things I like, not the other way around.

Really? Things you like don't come looking for you? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    Mel Wesson's website indicates he worked on the teaser trailer. And I believe Lorne Balfe did as well - based on HZ's DA VINCI CODE score.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I absolutely loved DA VINCI CODE, movie and score. That makes me weird i guess wink Although i never read the book nor do i ever intend to.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I absolutely loved DA VINCI CODE, movie and score. That makes me weird i guess wink Although i never read the book nor do i ever intend to.

The book is far better than the film but it's still a badly written book albeit a real page turner.
  12. It's not that Zimmer's score wasn't any good, but the praise it received was far out of proportion to its merits.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The book is far better than the film but it's still a badly written book albeit a real page turner.

That's about right, yes. It's one of those books that I'm almost frustrated with myself for enjoying because it's so badly-written - yet is mysteriously compelling. (A bit like Lost is, as a tv show, I guess.) It just didn't lend itself to cinema - the things a novelist can get away with are greater than the things a screenwriter can.