• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

HOLY F__KING SH_T!

I don't know how many people here have the 101 Dalmatians soundtrack but you need to stop what you are listening to right now and spin the track "Pup, Pup, Pup, Pup, Puppies" I'd say this one track would turn any mickey mousing detractor into a fan! Probably one of the most inspired pieces of music Kamen ever wrote! The orchestrations are absolutely mind blowing!

I really need to do another underrated film scores show!

EDIT - Old McDonald Had a Farm in "Reunion in the Barn" biggrin I forgot how utterly brilliant this score was!

-Erik-

This one has shot right up to my Must Get list. I love a bit of mickey mousing... probably stemming from my love of Tom & Jerry.
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    u should give more credits to what i try to bring to u,Erik,it's not that bad,u know!!! spin
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    did u try Yared's site?Did u check "Camille Claudel"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009 edited
    kokodezil wrote
    u should give more credits to what i try to bring to u,Erik,it's not that bad,u know!!! spin

You need not bring me anything. But I am bored with your now playing posts. You bring up these obscure titles cool yet have nothing to say about them. sleep And don't just link us to yet another YouTube clip... actually bring something to the table and tell us about these scores and why they interest you.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    i bring up these obscure titles,as u say,but i don't have nothing to say about them,it's up to u to make u an idea!May the force be uwith u,man!
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009 edited
    I'm not that good myself at criticizing,the only thing i can do is offering kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    kokodezil wrote
    i bring up these obscure titles,as u say,but i don't have nothing to say about them,it's up to u to make u an idea!May the force be uwith u,man!

One big sleep

Look around, man. This is a discussion form where we discuss film scores and we are always interested in others opinions... even Jordi's. wink I don't know about the rest of the fine folks here but a post that looks like this..

NP:Nirvana by Gabriele Salvatores

..with nothing else said doesn't generate any sort of interest whatsoever. Why in the hell should we care about that score? Why are you playing? What interests you about it why might other be interested in it. It also helps to get to know you and what your interests are.

Get the point?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    OK! kiss
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    anyway!Good night,everybody! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

HOLY F__KING SH_T!

I don't know how many people here have the 101 Dalmatians soundtrack but you need to stop what you are listening to right now and spin the track "Pup, Pup, Pup, Pup, Puppies" I'd say this one track would turn any mickey mousing detractor into a fan! Probably one of the most inspired pieces of music Kamen ever wrote! The orchestrations are absolutely mind blowing!

EDIT - Old McDonald Had a Farm in "Reunion in the Barn" biggrin I forgot how utterly brilliant this score was!

-Erik-

And you're telling me i over-blow my reviews and that i'm over-sentimental kiss tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Never give up on the passion! biggrin punk
  1. Is it me or does anyone find kokodezil just a breath of fresh air on these boards? I mean his little posts of nothingness crack me up good... And Erik you're totally on the ball... biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is it me or does anyone find kokodezil just a breath of fresh air on these boards? I mean his little posts of nothingness crack me up good... And Erik you're totally on the ball... biggrin

Just you.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is it me or does anyone find kokodezil just a breath of fresh air on these boards? I mean his little posts of nothingness crack me up good... And Erik you're totally on the ball... biggrin

Just you.

Figured as much smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

Mmm , I had a good laugh with some of the posts as well but after a while it wears a bit thin .
    Looks like our friend is totally nuts about Youtube !

Don't they sell that on CD ?

Oh , that's right ... he doesn't buy CDs apparently ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

HOLY F__KING SH_T!

-Erik-

And you're telling me i over-blow my reviews and that i'm over-sentimental kiss tongue

I didn't use any syrupy words (this time) or make the score seem like the second coming of Christ (although maybe it is) or that it made a profound change in my life (nah, it didn't.) But Kamen's score is a singular work which is a rare beauty that takes you on a magical musical journey. This score is crafted with such skill and precision that only a true artist could accomplish. Kamen had unique ability to literally touch your soul with his delicate, heart warming melodies which is an experience that comes but once in a lifetime. biggrin

-Erik-
  3. I think the thing that has made your reviews seem a little overblown, Demetris, is that there is a little too much 'rare beauty' in the world. wink

NP: Battlestar Galactica (Mccreary)

This is the ultimate soft classical / new age film music. Max Richter-ish. The beautiful melodies are the highlights.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    The Kentuckian - Bernard Herrmann

Finally got this wonderful score.
    This is quite superb in every way.
    It's refreshing to hear this "warm and lyrical" side to Herrmann.
    I'm loving all these Tribute CDs! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked

HOLY F__KING SH_T!

-Erik-

I didn't use any syrupy words (this time) or make the score seem like the second coming of Christ (although maybe it is) or that it made a profound change in my life (nah, it didn't.) But Kamen's score is a singular work which is a rare beauty that takes you on a magical musical journey. This score is crafted with such skill and precision that only a true artist could accomplish. Kamen had unique ability to literally touch your soul with his delicate, heart warming melodies which is an experience that comes but once in a lifetime. biggrin

-Erik-

hehe Erik said "rare beauty" cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think the thing that has made your reviews seem a little overblown, Demetris, is that there is a little too much 'rare beauty' in the world. wink

This is the ultimate soft classical / new age film music. Max Richter-ish. The beautiful melodies are the highlights.

hehe Michael said .....

Ohhh I'll get my coat! rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think the thing that has made your reviews seem a little overblown, Demetris, is that there is a little too much 'rare beauty' in the world. wink

hehe Michael said .....

Not sure what you mean by the last line?

NP: 'Something Dark is Coming' from Battlestar Galactica (Mccreary)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote

I think you'll find difficulties to track down the last time i used that phrase wink As for the world, there IS rare beauty in it. Some people are too grumpy to let themselves see it and / or hear it wink kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

hehe Michael said .....

Not sure what you mean by the last line?

He was about to make the same joke twice. "I'll get my coat" means "I'll be on my way", i.e. the Walk of Shame. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009 edited
    NP: White Fang (bootleg) - Basil Poledouris & (a bit of ?) Hans Zimmer

Yes!!! My memory was not wrong!

I saw this film as a kid and have remembered the Main Theme. It's often stuck in my head, even after many years passed since I saw the film last time.

But recently I began to wonder whether it really was the theme from White Fang. But just now I downlo... ahem shame , got this album, and as soon as I started listening I recognized the theme! smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Let the Right One In - Johan Söderqvist

Now this one IS a rare beauty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: 101 Dalmatians - Michael Kamen

Stunning! How is it that more people aren't talking about this score? It has everything you could ever want in a purely symphonic film score. It also perfectly blends jazz and classical music together! The mickey mousing will turn some people off, but I always welcome it! I've always enjoyed sudden starts and stops in film music... it's what makes this kind of music unique... and Kamen does it so well. There are gorgeous lyrical themes a plenty especially the lush romantic string theme heard in "The Wedding." The action music is crisp and fast paced! Fans of Kamen's music will love this.

Anyway, 101 Dalmatians is a warm, fun, bouncy score in a distinct Kamen style! Highly recommended!

-Erik-

I love that score! I don't have the album yet, but it was one of my favorite films as a kid, so I remember many cues. And I often request it on StreamingSoundtracks (I did today) smile

I remember the playful themes, uplifting orchestra, fun action stuff, and romantic cues. I must get it.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Live Free Or Die Hard - Marco Beltrami & Marcus Trumpp

I love this score. It's the biggest, dumbest, most popcorn-filled action score I've heard in ages. Not a single theme, just Kamen's simple terrorist motif and a four note motif for McClain. To be honest, it doesn't need anything more.

Ridiculous action tracks like "Shootout", "Copter Chase", "Hurry Up", "The F-35" to name a few. The over the top "Love On A Rope" cues that went unused in the end. And "All Aboard", the best cue of the movie. Awesome!

The quieter tracks are a bit dull, but they provide nice breathing room in between the four minute plus action tracks.

Kudos to Trumpp, who from the sound of things wrote the majority of the score, including "The F-35" finale cue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Papillon Jerry Goldsmith

One of his most 'mature' scores (whatever that may mean).

The theme is brain-sticky as Bregt might say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Coraline - Bruno Coulais

The best score of 2009!

(granted it's also the only score I own from 2009 so far, but I can only think of a few upcoming projects that I can imagine surpassing this)
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!