• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Final Fantasy Spirit Within (Goldenthal)

When I listen this score I really imagine how big was the creation of the Universe.

So dark, so Misterious, So epic.....so BIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiig!

"race to the old new york" is fantastic, "Flight to the wasteland" mindblowing, "the kiss" lovely and "adagio and transfiguration" one of the cues of the century.

I remember when I heard "toccata and dreamscape" for the first time... dizzy

Fantastic music, breathtaking atmosphere.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Red Planet (Graeme Revell & Other Artists)

Very psychedelic album with enough Revell / Shapplin goodness to feed my hunger for haunting vocal cues. And the other songs ain't too shabby either. This is definitely not your average song soundtrack album and one I can always get into at anytime of the day. I guess Red Planet is much better remembered for its musical than for its cinematic qualities.

One of my very favourite "chill-out" albums....great stuff!

Excellent indeed; it was one of the musical works that had a huge impact on me when i first discovered it.
  1. Tried and FAILED:

"xXx"
    Randy Edelman

Yeah ... couldn't even make it to track 10.

"Sunrise" (1929 film rescored by)
    David Newman

Will have to listen some more to give a opinion.

Now on "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" (expanded)
    Cliff Eidelman

It like some tracks but over all so far it feels like a miss from both a Trek film of that era and for another composer to have had a go (this could have been GREAT in Basil Poledouris' hands).
    But having said that, he does give it a nice theme that does stand very well on it's own.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. NP: Defiance (Newton Howard)

I don't get it. I haven't seen either film, but The Happening seems far more interesting just as a score. confused I have to find out how to turn the promo into the album, as the latter seems to really work for people.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthormirdle
    Steven wrote
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within Elliot Goldenthal

For the love of god come back to scoring films Goldenthal!

Agreed!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Defiance (Newton Howard)

I don't get it. I haven't seen either film, but The Happening seems far more interesting just as a score. confused I have to find out how to turn the promo into the album, as the latter seems to really work for people.

I will inform the guards that this score is not fit for the King right away, sire!
  3. Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Defiance (Newton Howard)

I will inform the guards that this score is not fit for the King right away, sire!

Good show, sirrah.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    Tried and FAILED:

"xXx"
    Randy Edelman

Yeah ... couldn't even make it to track 10.

Well, fair enough. Not everybody likes melodious, robust, thematic and action-packed film music. wink

NP: a bit of a Morricone western kick.
    Il Grande Silenzio
    Gli Avvolti Hanno Fame
    Il Mercenario

Killer themes with fantastic emotional impact (as per usual for Morricone), excellent mood setting and tons of secondary and tertiary themes. I don't very often listen to Morricone... which every time that I do, don't understand. I love the way this man writes and orchestrates (primary and best use of recorders in films scores ever).

And the best thing is the man's output is so prodigious, that any miss can immediately be replaced by six or seven hits. cool

Up next: Navajo Joe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote:

Well, fair enough. Not everybody likes melodious, robust, thematic and action-packed film music. wink

I do when it's good. biggrin
  4. Hook Complete (John Williams)

Only first disc for now. Fantastic. lick
    More's coming later. HAHAHA !!! cheesy

Erik Woods' John Williams suite.

Top class !!! Awesome !!! I would implement this in the film music for dummies compilation in the other thread. And if I had the skills I'd make other composer suites too to complete it. Instead of solitary tracks, think about it... It's all a dummie needs to get started really. punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods' John Williams suite.

Top class !!! Awesome !!! I would implement this in the film music for dummies compilation in the other thread. And if I had the skills I'd make other composer suites too to complete it. Instead of solitary tracks, think about it... It's all a dummie needs to get started really. punk

Thanks! I've been thinking about working on another one... Horner, Goldsmith, Elfman... we'll see. Anyway, I'm glad you like the original Williams suite.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    HORNER!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    HORNER!!!

Ok... why don't we continue this conversation in the Horner thread and suggest a pile of cues to include in the suite. And not just 16 minutes of DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Congo - Jerry Goldsmith

Excellent Goldsmith score with a beautiful main theme performed by Lebo M .
    I give this one a spin on a regular basis ...
    Love it !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009 edited
    It rains so much here for the past few days that I feel like I'm in a ship. Not any ship mind you but a pirate one!Hence:
    NP: The Pirates of the Caribbean- The Curse of the Balck Pearl ~ Klaus Badelt
    I'm in a mood for a getaway trip!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    Eric wrote
    NP : Congo - Jerry Goldsmith

Excellent Goldsmith score with a beautiful main theme performed by Lebo M .
    I give this one a spin on a regular basis ...
    Love it !

Congo is good, but i much prefer The Ghost and the Darkness, as a Jerry's "African type" score.

NP: Gremlins 2 - Jerry Goldsmith

Weirdly fun. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009
    NP: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - Alexandre Desplat

Great music! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE VALLEY OF GWANGI - Jerome Moross

Dinosaurs, Cowboys, great music....what more could you ask.... cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HELLBOUND : HELLRAISER II - Christopher Young

Well, we all need something to wind down to before going to bed! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote

Now here's a score that needs a complete release!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2009 edited
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote

Now here's a score that needs a complete release!

There's a thread at FSM about this right now, Jeff Bond says it's unlikely.....partial tapes, not enough to make a worthy release plus bad condition apparently slant sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Well, OK. A complete re-recording will do very nicely thank you! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    Well, OK. A complete re-recording will do very nicely thank you! lick

As I pointed out on the FSM thread, I could never figure out why Silva didn't record the main title theme on their suite of 'Gwangi"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote
    NP: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium - Alexandre Desplat

Great music! punk

Doesn't Zigman get a mention? wink (And yes, good score.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PETULIA - John Barry

Melancholic, jazzy score, normally one I would play late at night but It's great to play loud in the daytime too, I love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP The Uninvited (Chris Young)

Young showing again his absolute mastery in the horror genre, from the gentle main theme to the most chilling moments: the way he plays with the choir in "I´m at the party", "Bloody Milk", "Twin Nightmares" or specially "Cry of Love" (I had never heard what he does in this cue before) is surprising. And the last track, "Tale of Two Sisters", reprising the main theme is a great finale.

Piano-string-choir driven, this is a must have for Young´s horror music fans, and fans of horror scores in general.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote

Young showing again his absolute mastery in the horror genre, from the gentle main theme to the most chilling moments: the way he plays with the choir in "I´m at the party", "Bloody Milk", "Twin Nightmares" or specially "Cry of Love" (I had never heard what he does in this cue before) is surprising. And the last track, "Tale of Two Sisters", reprising the main theme is a great finale.

Piano-string-choir driven, this is a must have for Young´s horror music fans, and fans of horror scores in general.

Excellent! I didn't even know this had been released yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Was looking forward to that, quoting from mmuk boards: "I am so looking forward to a trademarked, spooky Chris Young score. Hope it is good!" but now it has gone from HOPE to WANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 2

Want.this.Lost.back.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    MICHAEL GIACCHINO - lost season 2

Want.this.Lost.back.

I was listening to season 3 the other day. That took me back to when Lost was good. rolleyes sad