• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    Don't think that is a word Steven
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Don't think that is a word Steven

It is Tom.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Not in my dictionary, or at least I couldn't find it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My Grandad, who lived to be 75, remained young during the entire time I knew him. We had a Harley engraved on his tombstone and the words "No Watch, No Time, No Worries." cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    Not in my dictionary, or at least I couldn't find it.

You need a new dictionary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Wikipedia is a dictionary now? slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    My mistake.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mirriam-Webster though, is. biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wikipedia is God.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    My dictionary is over 2000 pages so it is fairly complete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So complete it couldn't fit 'ageism'.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    My dictionary is over 2000 pages so it is fairly complete.

The full Oxford English dictionary comes in so many volumes you'd need The Incredible Hulk to cart it around for ya.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wikipedia is God.

Ceiling Cat will be most displeased with your lack of faith.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wikipedia is God.

Ceiling Cat will be most displeased with your lack of faith.

He mis-spelt it, he meant Wikipedia is Cod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ceiling Cat approves of cod.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Ceiling Cat approves of cod.

Gomez always looks to Ceiling Cat for Cod.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009 edited
    Gomez knows which side his cod is buttered on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Since cats always land on their feet and bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you buttered the top half of a cat and dropped it from a height!? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    A perpetuum mobile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Great Scott! It would solve world energy problems!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I approve of your new signature.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah, they shot in uncompressed formats and then decide which format they're going to send it to afterward, according to its commercial usage. The Standard dvd is highly compressed in comparison to the original source. BLURAY HD formats keep much, much more of the original's quality.

Yup they do with with LOST as well. I'll probably wait until it's finished for good, but LOST on blu-ray is meant to be astounding.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I approve of your new signature.

There was more humour in that strip than all of the Star Wars films. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Since cats always land on their feet and bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you buttered the top half of a cat and dropped it from a height!? shocked

Cat would lick the butter off before landing on all fours....fact! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Cat would lick the butter off before landing on all fours....fact! wink

Surely this would depend where the cod was?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Funny page. Thanks! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Just got done with a big exam last week so I've only started to catch up on the movies. Unfortunately I'm still in no mood to listen to scores. But anyways I saw last night-

Cavite
    I'm still not sure what to think of it. It's a Filipino film with low production values. It's almost like a documentary inside a thriller. After landing in Philippines, the protagonist is blackmailed (his family has been held captive) into following the instructions given via cell phone. Of course, this is the movie that Eagle Eye ripped off. There's also a Bollywood ripoff of it (Aamir).

For the entire movie we follow the protagonist. The camera is very jerky throughout. I'm not sure if that was because of the low budget or if it was intentional-- it drove me crazy.

One one level the story is about the germination of a terrorist. On the other, it's a view into the oppressed life in Philippines.

Interestingly couple of the key scenes are never portrayed. In one, the audio keeps running while the video cuts to something tangentially relevant. In the other, we're only shown the reaction and the aftermath.
    It should be interesting to see what the director comes up with a bigger budget.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428303/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ageism

I found it and it is certainly something that some of the members of this site do to me.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You bring it on yourself, Tom. You persistently remind us that you're old... but, as I said before, my Grandad lived to be 75 and I NEVER perceived him as being old simply because of his attitude. Mental age has more power over physical age, Tom. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    (That is until we die of old age of course! biggrin shame )