• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    So if I would be coming, you'd need just one more?

If Les Patterson signs up too, Franz will be there.

I thought of our Franz when I read the letter from DT in Greenwich to my Sunday paper last weekend:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life … amp;page=2
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    franz_conrad wrote
    I'd need two more big guests for me to start thinking about going. It is, after all, the other side of the world for me. wink

I guess there will be at least one more "big" guest, probably two. Only a hunch judging for the experience of previous years though. But if I had to bet, I´d say two.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    So if I would be coming, you'd need just one more?

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Am i? It's a 4-hour flight from what i remember, Athens to Madrid.

Definitely further for you pal.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    I'd certainly love to go, but I doubt it due to money (obviously), time and some health issues that I'm struggling with right now. My trip to Thailand and Cambodia in two weeks will be a "test" on what my body can take.

Ooh, Cambodia as well! Good.

Flights cost more than I thought. (= the sound of canceling)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote

No low cost companies you can use Bregt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Thor wrote
    I'd certainly love to go, but I doubt it due to money (obviously), time and some health issues that I'm struggling with right now. My trip to Thailand and Cambodia in two weeks will be a "test" on what my body can take.

Ooh, Cambodia as well! Good.

Flights from Thailand to Cambodia or your whole trip altogether?

We decided that since we're there, we HAVE TO see the Angkor Wat in Cambodia as well. When you're so close and everything. I once wrote a short story that took place in Angkor Wat.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Flights from Thailand to Cambodia or your whole trip altogether?

We decided that since we're there, we HAVE TO see the Angkor Wat in Cambodia as well. When you're so close and everything. I once wrote a short story that took place in Angkor Wat.

That last sentence was meant for a flight to Ubeda. My ticket to Bangkok was quite okay I think. The whole trip itself, I've no idea how much it'll cost, as we'll go and see what happens. Nothing planned. And looking at the prices of everything in Laos and Cambodia, it'll be all very cheap, incluading Beer Lao. biggrin

You wrote a story about it, hehe, cool. smile
    How did you come up with that?

Marselus wrote
    Bregt wrote

No low cost companies you can use Bregt?

Certainly, Ryanair for example, but then these are further away. Gonna look into it this weekend. What are the closest big cities, that are easily connected with Ubeda?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't think there's an easy connect: car rental will probably be required (which is an additional problem...I should really get started on these driving lessons, but I'll wait a bit until the economy *really* drops off and nobody can afford cars any more).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Certainly, Ryanair for example, but then these are further away. Gonna look into it this weekend. What are the closest big cities, that are easily connected with Ubeda?

The closest big city is Granada (141 Km trip by car to Úbeda). Madrid-Úbeda is a 331 Km trip by car.
    I think the Granada option is the one Anthony chose in 2007.
  1. OK, and what are the options for people who won't get a driving license soon? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OK, and what are the options for people who won't get a driving license soon? biggrin

http://congreso.bsospirit.com/ingles/ -> menu at the left-> TRANSPORT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Marselus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    OK, and what are the options for people who won't get a driving license soon? biggrin

http://congreso.bsospirit.com/ingles/ -> menu at the left-> TRANSPORT.

Wow, thanks, that is the most comprehensive set of timetable I've ever seen. This helps a lot! It would be a lot cheaper to take Ryanair and a coach, because eventually, even if I'd land in Granada, I'd have to take a coach anyway. Let me look at it this evening.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Is the region a bit interesting btw?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Granada?
    Definitely!

Úbeda...not so much, though it still IS Analusia! love
    I skirted past it last year, and the surroundings are alright, though not spectacular.
    I have to say though that without a car, it's bloody murder getting from one place to another. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Granada?
    Definitely!

Úbeda...not so much, though it still IS Analusia! love
    I skirted past it last year, and the surroundings are alright, though not spectacular.

The surroundings are vast extensions of olive trees under the sun, surrounded by more extensions of olive trees under the sun. But trust me, walking through the historical part / old quarter of Úbeda is like being in the Renaissance. A hot Renaissance actually wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm all for hot Spanish Renaissance. smile

(Countin' down for Steven and Demetris taking over this thread...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want to be the scissor that will rip apart that Renaissance dress and free the mountains.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd be happy just having sex with her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bloody hell the festival pass looks expensive this year. I swear it wasn't that much last time. shocked

Anyway, we can register, so those of us that are definitely going shall we book SOON???
  2. I really would love to attend but since I am going to Egypt in late march (with my parents, my mom turns 65 so we are celebrating her) so we have to wait and see if I can (afford) to go. On the other hand even if I afford to go I would love to go with someone else from Sweden because otherwise it would be boring to be traveling alone from Sweden to Ubeda.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Bloody hell the festival pass looks expensive this year. I swear it wasn't that much last time. shocked

It´s the same price of the last editions, 100€.

Anthony wrote
    Anyway, we can register, so those of us that are definitely going shall we book SOON???

Jordi and I will register and pay next week.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Let me know when and I'll make sure to do it the same day. I'll probably bring my Dad along again as he seemed to enjoy it last time. Now all I need to do is convince my mum to come, then they can go off and do whatever and we can spend 4 days in a bar somewhere. cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Let me know when and I'll make sure to do it the same day. I'll probably bring my Dad along again as he seemed to enjoy it last time. Now all I need to do is convince my mum to come, then they can go off and do whatever and we can spend 4 days in a bar somewhere. cool wink

So he enjoyed the three o´clock hot huh? wink biggrin

Ok, we´ll probably register on monday or tuesday, so by the end of the week we´ll have already the confirmation from the organisation. I´ll let you know!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    I think I'll be there!

mc
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Please release something of yours on CD so I can get it signed! cheesy wink
  3. Bregt wrote
    I don't mind the money. I'm super rich. If I was even richer, I'd all pay your entrances.

We need to do this! I'm in! (gonna check with my work though)

if you pay for me, I'm there as well wink

But I don't want to profit, so I think I'll pass, really sorry sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    Not sure if my parents will let me go alone.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    KevinSmith wrote
    Not sure if my parents will let me go alone.

Just looked at your profile Kevin, great taste in composers but why the ( at times ) comment for both John's Barry & Williams?