• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    My problem, using computers as an example, is I think I know a little and can do it myself, when in reality I should just have someone else do it.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Easterly winds are blowing thick smoke from a nearby bushfire over the ocean and creating quite a lovely sunset:

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp10 … 010048.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    Easterly winds are blowing thick smoke from a nearby bushfire over the ocean and creating quite a lovely sunset:

Stunning.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    LSH wrote

shocked Beautiful!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2009
    I took this one yesterday. Again, I'm not much into birds, but this just means spring to me!

Ducks

I wish I had my camera with me a couple of weeks ago when they were still very tiny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Bregje wrote
    I took this one yesterday. Again, I'm not much into birds, but this just means spring to me!

Ducks

I wish I had my camera with me a couple of weeks ago when they were still very tiny.

They're cute! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote

Ducks

Feel good cute picture of the day for sure cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    http://rapidshare.com/files/230838222/c … 3.jpg.html
    MD5: FA7B883F01808DC342DC7D4E3E57750B

For those of you who know a little about baseball Steven had 17 strikeouts and a no hitter. He has a bright future in the major leagues.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    The latest shot of Maureen and I
    Thomas

http://rapidshare.com/files/235219313/I … y.jpg.html
    MD5: F39B286831CDF98EC26071CC51AB31AE
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009 edited
    Some of my favourite pictures of the trip to Laos, in higher resolution:

While ascending Mt Phou Si in Luang Prabang, this is the night market with Wat Mai in the background. I like it how you can only see some glimpse of it, instead of the whole building. I love these roofs!
    www.maintitles.net/gfx/laos/luangpraban … market.jpg

On the boat trip to Luang Nam Tha, we hd to pass a lot of rapids, and the front boat man had a peddle with which he steered the boat in between these narrow passages. Notice the cloudy mountains.
    www.maintitles.net/gfx/laos/namtha-rapid.jpg

Sunset in Vientiane, exactly as how the Mekong is so often pictured:
    www.maintitles.net/gfx/laos/vientiane-sunset.jpg
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And you included the sunset I pointed out on the travelers thread beer cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. not bad Bregt, not bad punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    My personal favourite in terms of the more "artistic" tableaux pictures was the one with the hippos in the water. Pure National Geographic, that one.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote

Is that some sort of a secret code or something? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote

Is that some sort of a secret code or something? wink

He who figures it out controls the Universe.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Some of my favourite pictures of the trip to Laos, in higher resolution:
    www.maintitles.net/gfx/laos/luangpraban … market.jpg

Ha, this looks as if it were rendered in Crysis. biggrin cool

Any chance you could post this one in higher res? I'd love it as my wallpaper!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 1832_n.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha

2. wow, who would realize that such uglyness went on so many years ago, once you stand there today?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor

Food for thought.

Is the beach a memorial site now or is it open to tourists who want to sunbathe etc.?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

wow, who would realize that such uglyness went on so many years ago, once you stand there today?

It's very hard to imagine even isn't it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thor wrote

Food for thought.

Is the beach a memorial site now or is it open to tourists who want to sunbathe etc.?

I'm not positive, but I do think it is open to swimmers in sunbathers. It may be frowned upon though. Personally I would think it disrespectful. There was some graffiti on some of the bunkers too. If I were French though I may do the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

wow, who would realize that such uglyness went on so many years ago, once you stand there today?

It's very hard to imagine even isn't it.

Indeed it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    LSH wrote

Gorgeous! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009
    omaha wrote
    Thor wrote

Food for thought.

I'm not positive, but I do think it is open to swimmers in sunbathers. It may be frowned upon though. Personally I would think it disrespectful. There was some graffiti on some of the bunkers too. If I were French though I may do the same thing.

Well, you know, I think life is for the living, and I think that it's a good thing a place with such a powerful (and bloody) history now reverts back to nature and its enjoyment by people.

With non-specific places like these (i.e. a coastal stretch, a forest or a town) I feel the hussle and bussle only adds to its historic attraction. The very contradiction of its past with its present makes all aspects, future and historic, worthwhile and powerful to me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    omaha wrote
    Thor wrote

Food for thought.

Well, you know, I think life is for the living, and I think that it's a good thing a place with such a powerful (and bloody) history now reverts back to nature and its enjoyment by people.

With non-specific places like these (i.e. a coastal stretch, a forest or a town) I feel the hussle and bussle only adds to its historic attraction. The very contradiction of its past with its present makes all aspects, future and historic, worthwhile and powerful to me.

I agree. There's a powerful statement somewhere in there; in that people are now reaping the natural goods of the place that was once a battleground.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Where are your photos everybody? I love this thread!

Here's a recent one in similar vein to the others i posted in the past, to get the ball rolling!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Very nice! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, super spy stealth mode activated.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Me, super spy stealth mode activated.

Love it! Although spy my ass, rather totally exposed. tongue But i liked the color camouflage biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Although spy my ass

What? sad
    You could see me? sad

Damn. sad
    Back to the old drawing board.