• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    I try to avoid going anywhere where there might be large quantities of British tourists. I accidentally went to Magaluf in Majorca last year (genuinely, it was an accident) and was pretty ashamed.
  1. Can you say why it was an accident?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Can you say why it was an accident?

We (me, my fiancee, her sister and husband) were staying in Palma Nova (which is very nice) and went off for a walk at night for a quiet drink. We had no idea exactly how close to Magaluf we were, but when we went round a corner and saw three topless girls being sick we knew we'd stumbled upon it. Out of curiosity we hung around and had a couple of drinks but found the whole thing very depressing. The worst thing is that Magaluf has one of the most beautiful beaches around.

(A film music anecdote from the same trip. Kerry's uncle was 60 and hired the Majorca Symphony Orchestra's leader to play violin at his birthday party, and he played a few pieces by Morricone and Jarre amongst others.)
  2. Well, it happens, I guess. Every country has GOOD and BAD tourists.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Can you say why it was an accident?

We (me, my fiancee, her sister and husband) were staying in Palma Nova (which is very nice) and went off for a walk at night for a quiet drink. We had no idea exactly how close to Magaluf we were, but when we went round a corner and saw three topless girls being sick we knew we'd stumbled upon it. Out of curiosity we hung around and had a couple of drinks but found the whole thing very depressing. The worst thing is that Magaluf has one of the most beautiful beaches around.

(A film music anecdote from the same trip. Kerry's uncle was 60 and hired the Majorca Symphony Orchestra's leader to play violin at his birthday party, and he played a few pieces by Morricone and Jarre amongst others.)

Played pieces by Morricone and Jarre? That is so sweet. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The baseball shots for your information require a lens that sells for roughly $4000.00 today. Luckily I was in the business 9 years ago and obtained it for less. It is a 300mm f2.8. For major league baseball you actually need one a bit longer.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://rapidshare.com/files/210336899/l … l.jpg.html
    MD5: CF8D041E97AD8FA73E98C1D08F7326C0

A seldom used pitcher who got a rare opportunity. Such is the life of the photographer sometimes.

Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    http://rapidshare.com/files/210718375/t … n.jpg.html
    MD5: C08197F143579A3F3E8C4095A8EE1BA7

In honor of St. Patrick's Day the team wore green uniforms (yuk in my opinion) and an Irish boy O'Sullivan pitched and we won the game 1-0 against Kansas. When we have a 6 PM start time there is still light (I can shoot until 6:45) but a lot of shadows and overall tough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Tenerife and La Gomera.

Martijn dear haven't you come to Greece recently? Any pistures from there?
    Damn! I wish I could share some of my pictures with you too. sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    http://rapidshare.com/files/211477600/M … l.jpg.html
    MD5: 0852A7792670E10C03BA7829C818B3D3

This was a picture of a postcard that I made several years ago to show the albums I had of Henry Mancini. He was honored with a stamp and I made first day covers and gave them away as gifts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Martijn dear haven't you come to Greece recently? Any pistures from there?

The picture I shared earlier of the church with the neon lights was actually taken on that very trip.
    I was on the island of Kos at the time.

I've never visited the Greek mainland (yet), though.

Damn! I wish I could share some of my pictures with you too. sad

Well, why can't you?
    If you have digital photos (or a scanner) it's the easiest thing in the world!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    By special demand, some images from Greece.

On the Greek island of Kos in the later part of the year, there is something of a yearly drought.

This lake, which is about 500 meters from the sea, tends to fall dry -more or less- providing a spectacular reflective plane as all the salt in the water remains as sediment.
    That's me on the bike trying how dry it actually was.
    (Not very. My wheels sank in to about half-way, which was actually a little scary when trying to not get stuck and turn around).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2009
    And another photo from a less touristy area of the Greek isles.
    A fantastic little restaurant, completely out of the way, where no one spoke anything but the local dialect.
    No matter as I just pointed at what I wanted (I was invited into the kitchen) and enjoyed a lovely meal.

However when -in my best Greek- I ordered a "hèllènikè" (a small, very strong Greek cup of coffee), I found that my accent probably still needed some work.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    And another photo from a less touristy area of the Greek isles.
    A fantastic little restaurant, completely out of the way, where no one spoke anything but the local dialect.
    No matter as I just pointed at what I wanted (I was invited into the kitchen) and enjoyed a lovely meal.

However when -in my best Greek- I ordered a "hèllènikè" (a small, very strong Greek cup of coffee), I found that my accent probably still needed some work.

I'll be sure to order Hellenike in a Dutch accent when I go to Greece cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's called "hellenikos" smile beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Why do they have Heineken everywhere on this planet (except in Belgium, rightfully so!). It's a weak beer! Barely able to be called a beer actually. Though, we have Sparta Pils here in the Flemish region, which must be one of the worst beers I've ever tasted.

Are all beers beers associated and served in Greece like that?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

No. angry
    I wanted a female coffee. angry

(That might explain the mix-up... shame )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

How the frag should I know.
    I can't bear beer.
    Vile drink.
    angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    beer

lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What you ordered was most likely a transsexual coffee though;
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Why do they have Heineken everywhere on this planet (except in Belgium, rightfully so!). It's a weak beer! Barely able to be called a beer actually. Though, we have Sparta Pils here in the Flemish region, which must be one of the worst beers I've ever tasted.

Heineken is nice! smile Everybody here drinks that, or Amstel. Along with greek beers, like Mythos. But not many people drink that heavy, black piss europeans call beer biggrin tongue

But srsly, good bars have many brands and kinds of draft beer to choose from as well.

If you come to Greece, you'll go for the OUZO, great local red wines and Retsina. You'll find better beer elsewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I can vouch for the ouzo.
    I had many pics of me being most sociable after a couple of those.

Unfortunately they all came out blurred, out-of-focus, underexposed or upside down. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I never had an ouzo. I'll have to learn when I'm in tha Greece.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    With me. And Martijn. And Steven. And Southall. And everyone. beer <-- ouzo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Who cares! As long as I order it with Martijn's accent I'll get a Heineken wink beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I can vouch for the ouzo.
    I had many pics of me being most sociable after a couple of those.

Unfortunately they all came out blurred, out-of-focus, underexposed or upside down. sad

Not surprised, it's bloody strong stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I take a cup of coffee and put a packet of hot chocolate in it. Not a bad combo at all
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You can actually buy that readymade freezedried here. cool