• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - snow falling on cedars

:inlove:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Gozilla (David "stick eater" Arnold)

A real feeling of Monster movie.

I love that score!

It's so thematically rich....The chorus are used in the right moments.....One of his most mature scores!

I love this little bells (?¿). They creates a great sound of suspense.

Steven beer beer beer

Agree with you there, mate. One of the most enjoyable of the last 15 years. This monster rocks !!

Totally! punk

One of my favourites without a doubt. Makes time fly when I listen to the whole album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

You're.... cheating on me? cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    NP: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - James Horner

Finally got my copy.

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Such a fantastic raw energetic score from a young, plagiarising Mr. Horner! I love this score, I've even grown to like the bad performances and not-so-great recording!? (Although a re-recording wouldn't go amiss of course.)

cool <- to also quote Timmer

cool beer

Battle Beyond The Stars is tremendous fun but I can never get through Humanoids From The Deep.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote

Finally got my copy.

punk

And look what arrived in Timmer's mail today.....

NP : HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS - James Horner

beer cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

Finally got my copy.

punk

beer cool

Damn you all. Mine's still not here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Lazarus Project - Brian Tyler

Like this. Very hypnotic. (Far too long though.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

Finally got my copy.

punk

beer cool

...if you will insist on living in Narnia rather than the city centre... rolleyes wink
  1. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

lol

Only on a film score board dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Battle Beyond The Stars James Horner

Such a fantastic raw energetic score from a young, plagiarising Mr. Horner! I love this score, I've even grown to like the bad performances and not-so-great recording!? (Although a re-recording wouldn't go amiss of course.)

cool <- to also quote Timmer

cool beer

Battle Beyond The Stars is tremendous fun but I can never get through Humanoids From The Deep.

Me neither. I didn't even copy it from the CD into my library, I've just Battle Beyond The Stars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BATMAN - Danny Elfman

Not bad. This would also have made a good melodramatic Dracula score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

shocked NOBODY tell Jordi!

NP: Under Fire - Jerry Goldsmith
    Though I love the fire and brimstone approach of Goldsmith in the nineties, for sheer beauty (and inspiration) I prefer his earlier works. What a marvellous score this is. It really plays like a concert piece. I can't miss any part of it. cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Though I love the fire and brimstone approach of Goldsmith in the nineties, for sheer beauty (and inspiration) I prefer his earlier works. What a marvellous score this is. It really plays like a concert piece. I can't miss any part of it. cool

As I recall, most of the pieces were considerably rearranged from the film for the album, which is surely one of the reasons it works so beautifully.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

As I recall, most of the pieces were considerably rearranged from the film for the album, which is surely one of the reasons it works so beautifully.

Indeed they are. What a shame this never got the 2 CD treatment of album and original score, I really loved a lot of the score as heard in ( the very good ) film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : The Searchers - Max Steiner

A great western with John Wayne in top form and a top score to boot from Max Steiner .
    'Nuff said ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Corpse Bride ~ Danny Elfman
    Each time I listen to it I love it more! My favourite piano pieces for the past months are in this one. I enjoy listening to them and performing them. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

Indeed they are. What a shame this never got the 2 CD treatment of album and original score, I really loved a lot of the score as heard in ( the very good ) film.

Indeed. Great film and Goldsmith's best album.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Antineutrino wrote

Finally got my copy.

punk

beer cool

...if you will insist on living in Narnia rather than the city centre... rolleyes wink

Even I got my copy a few days ago...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    NP:Wind and the Lion (Goldsmith)

I enjoy more his recent efforts like !3th Warrior or First Knight, but Wind and the Lion reains one of Goldsmith most challenging score in terms of orchestrations.

Sublime!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    !3th Warrior

Trying to capitalize a number are we!? That be the Devil's work! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: "End Credit Score Suite" from Tinkerbell - Joel McNeely

Yet another criminally underrated composer. Look what kind of release this very enjoyable score got... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Look what's finally turned up in this distant corner of the world...

Honey I Shrunk the Kids - James Horner

Delightful!
  4. NP: Chumscrubber (James Horner)

Pretty impressive entry in this composer's recent work.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. NP: Red Riding - Adrian Johnston / Dickon Hinchliffe / Barrington Pheloung

A tabloid newspaper here in the UK - The Sun - describes this music as a "subtle soundtrack" so I wasn't holding out too much hope!

The music composed for this 3-part ITV drama (that I haven't watched) gets under your skin and the effect is difficult to remove!! Full of dark tones (mirroring the subject matter) the 3 composers each composed music for each part (set in 1974, 1980 & 1984). Johnston's part's Composed mainly for small ensemble (predominantly strings) each composer contributes subtleties for their own part: Johnston includes acoustic guitar, Hinchliffe prominent harp & electric guitar and Pheloung continues with the harp and adds woodwinds.

Very low-key but I love this sort of stuff!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 … p;sr=102-4
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Frost/Nixon - Hans Zimmer

Very relaxing. I like to play this while studying too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Look what's finally turned up in this distant corner of the world...

Honey I Shrunk the Kids - James Horner

Delightful!

smile beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Red Violin John Corigliano

Can't wait for his new score. An artist of rare beauty as one of our Greek friends might say.
  6. The Great Fantasy Adventure Album (Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops)

Brilliant ! I'm glad I found this gem of a compilation (Erik wave ). In most cases the performances are spot on, especially fantastic are Hook, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, Beetlejuice, Conan the Barbarian and The Hunt For Red October. I like the especially arranged versions of The Abyss and Jurassic Park too. And nice surprise is the orchestrated version of the Terminator theme. Too bad I got the german edition of this release (Heimkino), with liner notes only in german. But as I've said in the past, liner notes aren't that important to me, the music is!! Top notch album. cool

And if those sound effects don't damage my speakers I don't know what will. I have to turn my volume all the way down !!!!! shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.